Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Falling Idols

Default Falling Idols

You haven't been sleeping well, with horrible nightmares plaguing you from night to night. Tonight is worse though, more vivid. You find yourself in Olympia, the capital, The temple district. Figures in shadows swarming around you, hostile towards you, towards the city, towards everything. You can only watch in horror as the figures begin to tear down the statues to the gods, as they tear down the statue to Poseidon, you are brought to Corinth where red tides wash over the city cleaning away all life from the city. Flashing back to Olympia you watch Hermes' statue fall, and are brought to Zacros where powerful winds tear the city appart, one by one you watch as every god's statue falls, and with every statue that goes you are forced to watch in horror as their city is destroyed. Finally only Zeus remains and as he falls you see the stormclouds gathering in the sky. With a flash of lightning you are at the top of a mountain, in the remains of a ruined temple, a shadowy figure relaxing against a fallen pillar. He looks at you, and you can't help but shake in fear and awe at his power, but what truly terrifies you is what he says next "I need your help"

As for the crunch
    system= 3.5, PBP
    Stats= 38 point buy
    Classes= Anything from core except wizards are okay, that means you can play a sorcerer but not a wizard. Outside of core I am pretty knowledgeable, but I won't allow psychic characters and prefer character before mechanics regardless of what you do, I want basics pm'd to me

This world is inspired by Greece but is no way historically accurate and I have tweaked the geography. In addition I have made 12 kinda 13 major city states with a correlating patron god. See the list. You can be from any city state, though if you are from styx we will need to talk about that.

Olympia – Zeus
    Athens – Athena
    Sparta – Ares
    Larissa – Dionysus
    Nymphaion – Aphrodite
    Zacros – Hermes
    Pagasae – Hera
    Oreus – Demeter
    Corinth – Poseidon
    Myrmekion - Hephaestus
    Heliopolis - Apollo
    Gythium - Artemis
    Styx - Hades

I will be posting a map when I get it done, as well some guidelines for posting your back story

I know absolutely /nothing/ about 3.5 but this sounds like an AWESOME game concept!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenias View Post
    I know absolutely /nothing/ about 3.5 but this sounds like an AWESOME game concept!!
    Ditto!

4. Default

Nice game concept, but you might want to include the following in the first post:

1. Starting level
    2. HP rules
    3. Starting equipment/wealth

This would answer a lot of the frequently asked questions.

Default Falling Idols

I'm thinking about some sort of burly mercenary type with a twist. Is goblin an acceptable race?

Definitely interested. Thinking about a Ranger from Gythium, or maybe a Sorceress. What races are allowed? And will you allow Bloodlines?

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Starting level = one
    Hp rules = Full Hp for level one, three quarters Hp after that. You may opt out and try to roll for HP instead
    Starting gold = 300 gp
    (thanks for the tip Skyvalker)

Burly and goblin? that certainly is a twist. Go ahead and PM me what exactly your idea is? Most races that exist are related to a specific City state, and I haven't assigned goblins to any state and I am frankly a little racist against Hobgoblins

I actually don't know that much about Bloodlines, just my cursory look tells me that I will probably be telling you no, but I will get studied up and let you know for sure later.

For those of you that are new to 3.5 feel free to look up the players handbook and give it a cursory look over, anyone that is a bit more experienced should be willing to help you out as well. We want everyone to have a good time, and anyone that wants to play only needs to send me a character sheet

Still working on the maps, but I will have them to you as soon as possible
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 06-17-2017 at 05:54 AM.

I'm interested. I'm also unfamiliar with 3.5e, so please bear with me.

Thinking about playing as a cleric of Athens.
    Last edited by AdAltiora; 06-17-2017 at 08:53 AM.

I'm definitely interested! How about a Spartan Monk of Ares?

Cleric of Athena is just fine, as is a Spartan Monk of Ares, and do remember that all city states worship the entire greek pantheon. So you can be a Fighter worshiper of Hermes in the city of Nymphaion.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast