Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: Friends and Fiends

"The minute we leave town, anyone who seemed friendly with us, and anyone we helped, will become a target," Raven points out. "They will pay the price for our actions. And this Thoren fellow will probably send his goons after us, as well. I don't know enough about the Argentine Ravens to know if their whole guild is corrupt, or just this branch, but it's pretty obvious that the Ravens control this town. And thanks to Sindri, we just declared war on them."

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

2. Default

"What if we remove this Thoren fellow from the picture and change their leadership before we leave town?", Torinn asks innocently.

"And who will replace him?" Raven asks. "His subordinates are likely of similar nature. The situation requires much investigation, which should have been done before we attacked." She shakes her head. "How you handle it is up to you. I still have a task to complete. And now, because of this incident, I must not risk staying in town overnight." She turns to Gilbert. "I am sorry." Exactly what she is apologizing for she does not say. Without another word, she shoulders her pack and walks out the door.

------------

Once outside, Raven walks around the corner of the building and stops. *Why did Sindri have to attack that man? We could have returned to Master Argus, finished our task, then turned our attention to this town and its problems. But now....* She lets the thought fade as she softly bangs her head against the building a few times, finally just resting her forehead against the structure. *We could probably settle the whole matter by turning Sindri over to Thoren, but that wouldn't be right. We can't just kill Thoren - that wouldn't be right, either. Arrrrgh!*

------------

Sindri kicks the (unconscious? dead?) body of the men, especially the one that was rude to him.

Come join us on Discord!

6. Default

(I think we didn't kill anyone, just subdued)

Torinn looks apologetically at Gilbert and asks him, "Our actions have greatly displeased Miss Raven and now I am unsure of how to allay her concerns. Can you tell us if there is anyone in this town who can challenge Thoren's leadership? Perhaps they just need some support and manpower to do so, which we can provide."

Ashlyn looks concerned at the gang members and even more so at Raven leaving. Giving her friend a minute she the follows outside to look for her. "Raven?" She says as she walks about the building.

"Here," Raven responds with a sigh. "I don't know what to do, Ashlyn. We can't just leave here after what just happened, but this isn't something we can fix in a few hours, or even a few days."

------------

Ashlyn leans her back against the wall beside Raven. She grimaces slightly and wiggles for a moment. "Pretty sure that's another bruise coming through", she mutters. She gives Raven a small grim smile. "Yes well, I certainly didn't expect to end up here with that situation. I think chasing after an old man wanting to raise devils was far simpler".

She sighs, "but now what? Argus would be wondering where we've got too if we're too much longer but this place... Do we stay and help? Get him out of here...?"

She looks wistfully out of town. "Times like this, I can see why my father doesn't care for civilisation. It's so... messy".

Blog Entries

Gilbert begins pacing the room nervously.
    "You could try turning to Constable Turlin... but the guard has ignored the Ravens for some time now.... It wasn't always like this though. They have been in this town for a couple of years now. There were no incidents before. Their previous leader was a nice woman. When Thorin took over though... things changed."

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast