Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter Two: Appetite for Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    (aren't we headed to wolf's ear for payment first?)

"I think us saving the world is a bit of an exageration? and besides getting paid in wolfs ear, I guess I am just along to keep you out of trouble Korman" Flint responds to korman "and What do you mean come from one place?" Flint responds confused, "as for Ulvenn and I's 'thing' we used to work together, his work got too dirty so I found a different line of employment" He clarifies with the finality of someone who doesn't much want to talk about it
    ***Still same timeline***

"I speak of the college, and what they are doing to people... oh, right, sorry. I'll give some background - So, before I returned, I was in Riddleport, making a living, though I disliked the place. I found out about Croat and the orphans, and helped them escape, but not without being caught."

Korman continues after a pause, "They had me attacked, but I was saved by an innocent priestess, who took me somewhere to get care. It turns out that place was used by the Twilight Academy to gather half-breed subjects for their "experiments," but I escaped and came here. This is where I met Mammon, Flint, and Skie. There were others, but they went their separate ways."
    Last edited by magrat4; 06-12-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: *used by the College to gather subjects, no experiments were done there

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Mess View Post
    ***Still same timeline***

"I speak of the college, and what they are doing to people... oh, right, sorry. I'll give some background - So, before I returned, I was in Riddleport, making a living, though I disliked the place. I found out about Croat and the orphans, and helped them escape, but not without being caught."

Korman continues after a pause, "They had me attacked, but I was saved by an innocent priestess, who took me somewhere to get care. It turns out that place was used by the Twilight Academy to gather half-breed subjects for their "experiments," but I escaped and came here. This is where I met Mammon, Flint, and Skie. There were others, but they went their separate ways."

***Same timeline***

Mammon had been told by Alec the guard that Korman was a victim of Bello's experiments too, but until now none of them had discussed it.

That reminded the knight he was still uncertain whether to believe Alec when he said his presence at the Campground in Ravenmoor had nothing to do with the Academy that sought to reclaim its subjects. Alec had claimed to be a free-lance bodyguard for an obnoxious elven noble, and if that were true they might have left town already.

Mammon was also reminded of Vanya, the Varisian swordsman and Academy rectruiter jealous of their selection for Bello's enhancements, who had attacked them in Wolf's Ear and who had escaped imprisonment in Ravenmoor for that crime during the zombie invasion. Vanya had claimed to be the only Academy agent in Wolf's Ear, but how much was his word worth?

OOC:

I'm assuming this conversation takes place inside or on top of the wizard's cart on the way to town. I'm going to let you all chat and chip in reminders like these. They don't necessarily require action on your part, but they may be worth keeping in mind while in Ravenmoor or Wolf's Ear.
    Last edited by magrat4; 06-12-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Ulvenn has to suppress a chuckle, "Riddleport and the Twilight academy, huh? Next you're going to tell me you know that crooked doctor Bello character," he says, half-jokingly... the other half to watch reactions, this would be a rather strange coincidence for both Riddleport and the Twilight academy to link this group... Not to mention Oppara now that he thinks about it. His mind starts running as he tries to piece together connections, a slight touch of paranoia from a long line of 'dirty' jobs teaching him that so many 'coincidences' don't tend to add up kindly.

Realization dawns on Flint, as he stares at the older man "you set me up..... you waited until I was vulnerable? and then you sent that lizard after me? why? because I wouldn't work with the brotherhood? or has this all been the brotherhood? some sort of sadistic way to convince me to work for them, or to 'improve' me somehow? do you know what bello did to me? did to all of us" Flint leaps to his feat, one hand on his rapier, the other clenched in a fist "I figured if you ever came back to kill me it would be a blade across my throat and a knife in my back, not this"

****Same Timeline****

Mammon clears his throat saying in an authoritative but calm voice, "We all need to calm down. Such weighty accusations will not get us very far." He looks at both Ulvenn and Flint, "It is clear I know very little of your past, and I very much doubt I want to hear much of it, if any at all, involving this 'bortherhood'. However, it seems to me that it would be wiser if we focused on what is going on around us at this very moment. If you recall, we are still very much on the run. From multiple sources no less. Since we seem to have a common goal in staying alive long enough to get back to our actual lives, lets focus on that, Hmm?" Looking away and adding at a barely audible level he says chidingly, "And I will try not to think about the fact that I am clearly traveling with criminals."
    Last edited by TheShieldWolf; 06-12-2017 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Grammar!

Ulvenn looks coolly to Flint, hands near his dual blades but otherwise relaxed, "And here I thought you were cleverer than that, Eugene. A little fun with your prey is one thing, but have you ever known me to screw around with a job? Or to go about without my fangs bared," he said pulling out his characteristic wolf mask, "If the brotherhood wanted you dead, how deep do you think you'd be buried? If you were my mark, do you think you'd see me first? Why would I use some half-crazed doctor?" he tapped two fingers to his temple, "Use your brains, kid. Or at least listen to the voice of reason," he says gesturing to Mammon, "And to assuage your worries, Mammon," he pauses not quite liking the sound of of Mammon name on his tongue, 'I'll have to come up with a nickname...' he thinks for a moment before continuing, "I haven't killed anyone since escaping that lunatic Bello's lab before I met back up with Bel."

not breaking eye contact with Ulvenn, Flint responds "you can't trust this dog any farther than you can throw him mammon, and you might have something to go back to, but I don't share that fate"

ooc
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllisten - (d20+8) [22]
    lets see if our favorite rogue can hear Mammon's criminal comment

(will have tirade prepared tonight about how killing is wrong and how Flint would rather be a "criminal" than a hitman working for anyone, including a "lawful and good" deity)
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 06-13-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Flints keen ears pick up on Mammon's whispered criminal comment "you want to call me a criminal? sure my understanding of property rights and rule of law might be a bit grayer than yours, but at least I can define my own morality. I left Ulvenn and his Ilk when I was asked to murder, how did you respond the first time you were asked to kill in the name of Abador? I know you don't hesitate, I was the only thing keeping you from killing a defenseless man, in the name of justice, only a few days ago. your morality allows you to act as a hitman for your god" Flint spits out "Mine demands that I see every single person I have ever killed, I have killed five men in my life time and every single one I regret. can you say the same? so think very carefully before you decide to pass judgement on anyone else, you aren't so clean Mammon. There are a lot of things I don't know, but I do know that there is no way that Ulvenn and I both know Bello without a bigger scheme going on"

"Enough! All of us have our demons, nothing makes us special, and nothing should be taken sacred! Perhaps you all should take a breather..." Korman says, peacekeeping.

OOC
    Ya know, thinking about it, D&D is weird. I like that.

"Take a breather? Ha! Not while I am being compared to a common murderer!" Mammon stands up shouting with righteous indignation. The Aasimar begins again, slowly this time, but no less outraged, "You are correct about one thing. I do not shy away from killing the wicked. I will not allow the actions of evil people to infringe upon the lives of the innocent! I have a sworn duty to protect the laws of this land, and those who break the laws will be punished!" He sits back down on the bench within the cart and says with spite in his voice, "No, Flint I do not shy away from killing when necessary or justified. Between my duties in Golarion and the wars in the East I have killed a countless number. That does not mean I enjoy the act. Combat itself is a thrill let us not kid ourselves there, but I have clearly defined where my moralities lie. If someone wicked stands in my way and will not relent, I will strike them down. Perhaps you -and you-" He snaps his head quickly to look Ulvenn in the eyes before turning back to Flint, "should consider drawing your own lines more clearly. My black and white world may seem simple to you, but I do not worry myself at night with 'shades of grey'."

The knight folds his arms across his chest and huffs, much like a spoiled child. He starts again, this time clearly trying to temper his words, "And... why exactly is it impossible for us to simply be unfortunate souls Dr. Bello has harmed? Why must there be some grand scheme going on? Did neither of you consider that your 'brotherhood'" If such an organization can be called such a thing "perhaps betrayed the both of you? Is that not what your lot do?"
    Last edited by TheShieldWolf; 06-13-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast