Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super-Simple Pathfinder

Default Super-Simple Pathfinder

Hello, everyone. The conditions at my job that forced me to take a hiatus have been mostly lifted. I have enough free time to run a very simple little system I've been wondering about, to see how well it works.

What system are you using? Pathfinder.

What medium(s) are you using? PbP.

How often will you require people to post? A minimum of one post per day is required from every player on weekdays, and one post from each player is required at some point during the weekend. Listen, I'll be real with you right now. This requirement is non-negotiable. You need to think hard about this requirement and decide truthfully whether or not you can meet it. If you can't keep this kind of schedule, please do not bother to apply. I understand that things come up, and I'm sure they will, so so some exceptions will be made for those who try to keep the group informed before an absence or, at the very least, provide a decent reason after one, but if it becomes a habit, I'll be forced to take measures. PbP games die a lot of times because they lose their momentum. Keep that momentum going by posting every single day. A single line of speech or an inconsequential action, even when you have nothing to do or say at the moment, does wonders to keep things moving while still letting everybody know you have nothing to do or say - it's way better than not posting at all, which is what many players do out of habit when their character has nothing to do or say at that moment. Do the same thing even in battle - take free actions during initiative-based combat to make sure you get your required post in.

What kind of action(s) will be taken if a person does not post within the required time? On the first two offenses, you'll be NPC'd and you'll get a PM. On the third, you're kicked and replaced. No exceptions.

How do players create their characters? Pick a race. Pick a class. Just one class, to keeps things simple. This is what will shape the way you roleplay. Find a picture. The rest will be taken care of as we play the game.

What house rules does the game have? The entirety of the Pathfinder rules are gone. They are replaced with this:

We'll be playing some modules set in and around Falcon's Hollow. I'll provide character sheets via Google Sheets, and I'll be using Google Draw to show maps when they are required, but that will only be to help the group decide which way they want to go while exploring. No gridded battle elements will be present in the game. Point is, you might have an easier time if you have a Google account. Thanks, as always, for reading, everyone, and I look forward to seeing some applications.

Graven Maze, Alias "Graze"

Human Gunslinger

How do I embed images in a post?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel View Post
    How do I embed images in a post?
    [img]www.randomtextthatappearsintheurl.jpg[/img]

Chelli Amanas
    Elf, travelling white mage (cleric if strictly Pathfinder class names)

I went looking for the least dangerous picture

Default Super-Simple Pathfinder

Caleanon Ullvoyil, elf magus
    Last edited by Rellott; 06-07-2017 at 11:11 PM.
    If you're interested in joining in this year's already-in-progress Dungeon Delver competition, send me a PM!

Welcome back Drew.

Zaniah Gavriel, Human Fighter
    Last edited by Xubrai; 06-07-2017 at 10:59 PM.

8. Default

Lokag "Bearkiller" Thuliaga, Goliath Barbarian
    Last edited by theskyvalker; 06-07-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Damn, I feel overwhelmed with all of you big shots !

Quote Originally Posted by Karezak View Post
    Damn, I feel overwhelmed with all of you big shots !
    I'm honored that you think so highly of me Karezak. lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast