Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [5e] The Lost Fort

Default [5e] The Lost Fort

An ancient dwarven mound-fort. An intrepid group of explorers. A super bored DM who decided to make a one-shot adventure. All ingredients to a somewhat mediocre adventure, but hey, this forum needs more DMs anyways.

Just kidding.

The Lost Fort is a custom adventure designed by yours truly for five 5th level characters. It consists of one dungeon, but I might continue it if the adventure goes well enough and I have time. So, send in some character sheets, recruitment ends on June 11th or if I get 10 submissions. Whichever comes first.

Extra Info:
    Characters are hired to explore an ancient dwarven mound-fort by an eccentric guildmaster named Arumo Filchweed. the adventure is loosely based of the forgotten realms.

All official source material is accepted, plus some unearthed arcana (If used, list in your post)

Create characters with whatever is in the PHB: point system, set stats, rolling for stats, whichever you want to use.

House rules: weight limits are dumb, and If you REALLY want to use homebrew classes I'll give you a solid maybe.
    Last edited by Icantbelieveitsnotbutter; 06-08-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Have you read the Recruiting Office Rules, especially the sections on helpful information to include? It offers not just rules but also some excellent suggestions about how to run a successful recruitment. How should players create their characters? What source material is acceptable? What house rules will you be using? What plot hooks could the characters use to build themselves into the adventure?
    If you're interested in joining in this year's already-in-progress Dungeon Delver competition, send me a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Have you read the Recruiting Office Rules, especially the sections on helpful information to include? It offers not just rules but also some excellent suggestions about how to run a successful recruitment. How should players create their characters? What source material is acceptable? What house rules will you be using? What plot hooks could the characters use to build themselves into the adventure?
    I've added all of the things you've suggested, thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Icantbelieveitsnotbutter View Post
    I've added all of the things you've suggested, thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What stat rolling system? I think PHB says 3d6, but 4d6rb3 has become pretty common on this forum.
    If you're interested in joining in this year's already-in-progress Dungeon Delver competition, send me a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    What stat rolling system? I think PHB says 3d6, but 4d6rb3 has become pretty common on this forum.
    4d6rb3 is fine, sorry I'm not exactly on it with this, it's been a while since I've tried DMing a game, but I do have a full adventure set up. Once I start playing, things should go more smoothly.

I'm not currently looking for an additional 5e game, but I have come to believe PBP is best suited to one-off adventures, even if strung together in an episodic campaign. I wish you the best of luck!

How're you doing gear? Starting gear only; so much gold; magic items?

Quote Originally Posted by Armenias View Post
    How're you doing gear? Starting gear only; so much gold; magic items?
    Buy gear with starting gold as described in the PHB or use starting gear, no magic items.

Alright, I'll roll something up...

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [13]

Hmm... thinking some kind of half-orc melee/face smasher. Will throw something together by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Armenias; 06-08-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Well, it seems like I'm not going to get close to enough players, so I guess I'm shutting down submissions and giving up

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast