Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [PF] The Fall of Melior RECRUITMENT

Default [PF] The Fall of Melior RECRUITMENT

THE FALL OF MELIOR
    The international community of Melior suddenly faces several crises. Eight gruelling years after it began, the human war comes to a sudden, mysterious, and frightening end. This disaster arrives amidst apprehension of the first transition of power for the up-and-coming hobgoblin nation. As if this weren’t enough, even the gods seem to be preoccupied by an unknown worry; even mortal clerics have begun to detect an unease originating from the deities themselves. Anyone can plainly see that change is coming to Melior.

In
    The Fall of Melior, your character's story picks up as global change lingers on the horizon. The main plot will see characters mature from level 1 to possibly epic levels as the biggest conspiracy in Melior’s history unfolds. Between hobgoblin elections, wars to save (or destroy!) humanity, and an age old conspiracy, Melior has need of heroes (and maybe even villains) of all kinds.

I am looking for up to 10 players for the start of a fairly open world campaign. This campaign offers you a lot of creative freedom to role play characters with depth (even an all-in, all-day barbarian can find Melior to be a rich world with which to interact)! Please read all of the following information as the application is fairly detailed.

I am accepting two kinds of applications:
    1) Main Party (LF 4–6 people): The main party will function similarly to the PCs in traditional campaigns. You should be ready for questing, combat, social, the works... These characters will be the "main cast;" they will experience the main plot most directly. Although there will be times in which the main party may separate in order to explore different parts of the world, you will be expected to band together for the major events. (If you are applying to be in the main party, you must include in your backstory that you have recently traveled to Planestone to seek out opportunities as a wanna-be adventurer.)
    2) Secondary PCs (LF up to 4 people): Do not think of this as less important! Applying to be a secondary PC only indicates that your hopes for the campaign would be frustrated by a commitment to the main party. Although secondary PCs will still be interacting with the world, they can choose to ignore the main plot entirely (but don't expect to escape the changes in the world)! Perhaps you've dreamed of RPing an arms developer or starting your own cult. While this might be possible for a character in the main party, a secondary PC can make this her sole aim. (I recommend you look through the Downtime rules if you are applying to be a Secondary PC. Many secondary PC goals are detailed in the Downtime rules.)

BASICS
    What system are you using (D&D 3.5, PF, WoD, etc.)?
    Pathfinder

What medium(s) are you using (PbP, MapTool, etc.)?
    PbP

How often will you require people to post?
    Daily preferred, at least every other day.

What kind of action(s) will be taken if a person does not post within the required time?
    I’ll PM the player and begin to NPC the character on the third day if necessary. If I don’t hear back after a week or so, I’ll write-out the character and possibly recruit a replacement.

Any supplementary programs needed?
    None at this time.

What house rules does the game have?
    1) Background Skills optional rules (TL;DR: everyone gets 2 extra skill ranks per level, but they can only be spent on certain “background” skills, such as Craft or Artistry.) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills)
    2) Spell Access: some RP and/or questing will be required for access to some spells (does not apply at first level).
    3) Lightened feat taxes (http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/)
    4) Most races are receiving buffs/additional alternate racial features. Details below.
    5) Carrying capacity IS being enforced. Similarly, characters with low mental scores (sub-8) will be expected to be RP'd accordingly.
    6) The "Time Cost" for crafting and other downtime activities will be more interactive than "I sit for eight hours and—(rolls a 1)—fail to craft a longsword."

What restrictions are there on source material?
    Paizo only (per d20pfsrd). Anything 3rd party must be approved.

How would players create their characters?
    PLEASE CONSULT THE GUIDE TO THE CAMPAIGN SETTING (HERE)
    Use a Mythweaver’s sheet: Please use the “Pathfinder [Experimental]” option.
    See the Submission Template (with examples) in the following post.
    Start at level 1.
    20 point buy.
    Max starting wealth for your class.
    Max HP for first level.
    Two traits or three with one drawback. (Traits with the Campaign descriptor must be approved. If you take the Additional Traits feat at level one, one of the two additional traits may be from a category for which you already have one trait.)
    No restrictions on alignment.
    A description of how you hope to engage with the world: combat-centric, investigation-centric, social-centric, etc…

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS!
    APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 28TH. I WILL BE CLOSING THIS THREAD THE MORNING OF MAY 29TH. PLAYERS WHO EXPRESS INTEREST AND SEND ME AT LEAST A SEMI-COMPLETE SHEET WILL BE GIVEN UNTIL THE END OF MAY TO COMPLETE THEIR APPLICATION (WHICH WILL BE HANDLED THROUGH PMS). I WILL MAKE MY FINAL DECISION ON JUNE 1.
    Last edited by Boethius; 05-23-2017 at 05:15 PM.

SUBMISSION TEMPLATE
    Name (as a link to MW sheet)
    Alignment Race Class (Archetype, if applicable)
    Intended Role
    [Optional: Insert Picture!]
    Brief physical description (3 sentence maximum)
    Brief summary of backstory (5 sentence maximum)
    3-5 character traits (that describe your character; not a list of which mechanical Traits you are choosing)
    1-2 character flaws (that describe your character; not a list of which mechanical Drawbacks, if any, you are choosing)
    Whether you are applying to be in the main party or a secondary PC.
    Description of how you hope to engage with Melior

EXAMPLES
    EXAMPLE 1
    Harry Potter
    NG Human Wizard
    Utility/Blaster

Description: Harry is young and of unremarkable proportions. He has striking green eyes and wears large round spectacles. His most striking feature is the lightning-shaped scar on his forehead.
    Backstory: Harry had a rough childhood. His parents were murdered by a dark wizard who was trying to murder Harry. An unlikely survivor, Harry was raised by his unlikable aunt and uncle, who despise young Harry. To his great surprise, Harry received a summons to attend Wizarding school on his eleventh birthday. He departs for school with great anticipation of adventures to come.
    Traits: Grit, Courage, Sass
    Flaws: Can be arrogant
    Main Party
    I hope to always be actively questing as an adventurer. I wouldn’t mind spending occasional downtime, but I’d prefer to explore and fight more than acquire knowledge, lore, and items.

EXAMPLE 2
    Light Yagami
    LN Human Investigator (Mastermind)
    Face/Support

Description: Light looks like your average, fit, young adult male. He carries himself confidently. Although he wouldn’t stand out in a crowd, you would remember him if you met him.
    Backstory: Light is far more intelligent and charismatic than his peers. The ease with which he succeeds in all of his endeavors has left him bored with life, but not without ambition. He has a touch of megalomania and wants to prove himself with a worthy undertaking. If only a suitable opportunity arises…
    Traits: Brilliant, Likeable, Ambitious, Strong sense of justice
    Flaws: Megalomaniacal, Will stop at nothing to succeed
    Secondary PC
    Although I don’t mind some combat, I’m hoping to adventure in social settings. I hope to navigate the societies of Melior, controlling them from the shadows. A successful campaign in my eyes would mean that Light gets to attempt a huge social quest, risking his own social death, if not necessarily physical death.

COMPLETED APPLICATIONS
    Main Party
    Caitria (Faeryl) — NG Kitsune Magus (Eldritch Scion) — Gish
    Thanh Liem (elan) — LE Human Occultist — Front-line Bruiser/Minor Buffing
    Igrex (DivingDart) — LN Hobgoblin Fighter (Tactician) — Front-line Bruiser
    Bahati (AdAltiora) — CG Vanara Alchemist (Grenadier) — Blaster/Utility
    Adumar Drakst (Unwritten One) — NG Human Inquisitor (Spellbreaker) — Anticaster/Ranged DPS
    Samael (arrogantfascist) — LE Sorcerer (Tattooed Sorcerer) — Support/Face

Secondary PC
    Asht Mendas (Krivak) — CE Aasimar Oracle — Social/Crafting in Clair
    Alucard Belmont (Hiei) — N/LE Vampire Vigilante (Warlock) — Social/Crime in Clair
    Last edited by Boethius; 05-22-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Good evening! The moment I came across your board I quickly fell in love with the potential and had to register! Do you accept people new to D&D or are you only looking for those with experience?

Bahati (DONE!)
    CG Vanara Alchemist Grenadier
    Blaster OR Striker / Librarian
    Brief physical description: Bahati is taller and surprisingly thicker than most female Vanara. She has obvious signs of toned muscle throughout her body. Her incredibly long hair is braided back into a ponytail that still manages to reach down to her back.
    Brief summary of backstory: Bahati was born in an eclectic Sglinilxp tribe who believed everything was written in fate. After decrying this belief, she escaped her subsequent imprisonment for heresy and entered self-imposed exile before she could receive punishment. An unexpected and incredibly rocky partnership with a traveling wizard aboard a merchant ship changed her life forever. She was taken under his wing and trained in the ways of an alchemist so that she may acquire knowledge and seek the truths of the world. She heads to Planestone to pay homage to one of her most beloved deities and figure out how to start her adventure.
    3-5 character traits: Courageous, Clever, Friendly, Ambitious, Loyal
    1-2 character flaws: Overly curious, Stubborn, Headstrong, Naive
    Main Party
    Description of how you hope to engage with Melior: Combat, investigation, and crafting! Will probably be throwing Perception checks every chance I get, haha.
    Last edited by AdAltiora; 05-20-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Asht Mendas

CE - Aasimar , Oracle
    Crafter/Face
    Picture - Self image - Future looks.
    Description - Beautiful Young women with red/yellowish eyes. Attractive to see and draw people to her.
    Backstory : Betrayed by the gods after serving them for so long, shes now out for power to get revenge ... And the power of the life force of others is the key.
    Traits - Smart , Devious , Kind looking , Helpful (when something to gain) , Perfectionist.
    Flaws - Loust of power , Maddness.
    Secondary PC
    Social setting is her trait.. Starting her own shop in Clair, selling magical and cursed items.. But in the background she will attract the young souls without a home.. and become there *mother*.. Creating her own cult and one day.. Get her revenge against the gods.
    Last edited by Krivak; 05-16-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Blog Entries

I have three competing ideas

1) Halfling mesmerist posing as a child (think the orphan meets the omen), secondary PC, focusing on social aspects
    2) Human occultist, searching for relics, front liner and battle weapons and armor enchanter (via transmutation power), main party, focusing on battle and investigation
    3) Human necromancer, aspiring to provide free guards and work force for the party, main party, focusing on battle and utilizing his undead horde

I think I'l write all of those as applications and let you decide which one you like the most (if any).

In progress:

Damien - halfling mesmerist

Quote Originally Posted by AdAltiora View Post
    Good evening! The moment I came across your board I quickly fell in love with the potential and had to register! Do you accept people new to D&D or are you only looking for those with experience?
    Hi! Welcome to TTW! I am more than willing to accept someone new to D&D and will help you if you have any questions; however, Pathfinder can be an overwhelming system to learn and this campaign makes use of many of its additional sub-systems. It will take some time for you to feel comfortable using Pathfinder (as compared to D&D 5e, which is way easier to pick up imo). The reason I would discount someone because they lacked PF experience would be that they don't show a willingness to learn the system. If you're willing to learn, then I'd be happy to have you along!

Quote Originally Posted by Krivak View Post
    Looking good so far! Just try to fill in all the boxes (with 10 players, I need sheets to have every relevant detail, including weapon damage, move speed, etc...)
    Also, I noticed that you haven't rolled for an ability yet. Aasimar characters may roll two d100s and select one of them to determine their variant ability on the Variant Aasimar ability table.

Let me know when you are ready for me to check over the sheet again!

Quote Originally Posted by elan View Post
    I think I'l write all of those as applications and let you decide which one you like the most (if any).
    Great! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Let me know when a sheet is ready to be reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boethius View Post
    Hi! Welcome to TTW! I am more than willing to accept someone new to D&D and will help you if you have any questions; however, Pathfinder can be an overwhelming system to learn and this campaign makes use of many of its additional sub-systems. It will take some time for you to feel comfortable using Pathfinder (as compared to D&D 5e, which is way easier to pick up imo). The reason I would discount someone because they lacked PF experience would be that they don't show a willingness to learn the system. If you're willing to learn, then I'd be happy to have you along!
    I first got interested in D&D--specifically 5e--via Critical Role, from which I got the gist of the general rules and understanding. Pathfinder is actually the version one of my best friends wants me to try out first despite being more complex than 5e. I am VERY eager to learn--and my character with reflect this, haha. Thank you for allowing the opportunity! I'll update my very first post with my application to keep the board clean.

Quote Originally Posted by AdAltiora View Post
    I'll update my very first post with my application to keep the board clean.
    Sounds good! Just post when you have done so; the site does not mark threads as having new content when someone only edits a post.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast