Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm King's Thunder

Default Storm King's Thunder

Time to run Storm King's Thunder:

Campaign setting: The Savage Frontier (also known as the North) is a cold, rugged, sparsely populated land of snow-capped mountains, rocky hills, sprawling forests, and foggy vales. Isolated strongholds, ancient burial mounds, and the ruins of many forgotten empires dot this vast landscape. Bounded by the Sea of Swords to the west and the desert of Anauroch to the east, the Savage Frontier extends as far north as Icewind Dale and as far south as the town of Daggerford. Old roads stretch across this great expanse, linking the dwarven strongholds and mines in the mountains to the coastal settlements, frontier towns, and fortified outposts of humans and other folk. These roads are long, lonely, or poorly defended, making them dangerous to traverse. In fertile valleys, towns and cities have sprung up, separated by dozens if not hundreds of miles of untamed wilderness haunted by bandits, barbarians, and monsters.
    Evil dragons stirred into action by their dark queen, Tiamat, threatened the settlements of the Savage Frontier for a time. Ultimately, they were defeated and forced to withdraw to their lairs, while Tiamat was banished to the Nine Hells. Fear of the dragons' wrath has faded quickly with the coming of a new threat: giants. The peoples of the North are no strangers to giant incursions. Frost giants have long claimed the Spine of the World as their demesne, and hill giants are known to scrounge for food in the untamed hills. But now, in the past couple of months, giants of every kind have emerged from their strongholds in force to threaten civilization as never before-and not just frost giants and hill giants,but also stone giants, fire giants, and cloud giants. All of the giants are in an uproar. Reports of giant attacks throughout the North have reached the coastal cities of Luskan, Neverwinter, and Waterdeep, stoking fears that the giants are waging war against humans, dwarves, elves, and other small folk.

I will be starting this at chapter 2. So your characters will be level 5.

Standard races from PHB. I'll take any class just get me the information on it.

- A fleshed out character from Mythweavers
    -Roll 4d6rb3 for each stat, you may redo all the rolls if you don't like a set for a total of 3 times but you must take your last set rolled. Then level from there.
    - For you first level take max hp then roll the rest of the levels like normal.
    -Starting equipment based on background taken, or you can take max starting gold and buy equipment.
    - A complete paragraph or two of you character background

Make sure to follow the beyond first level in the player's handbook. Let me know if you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask here.

I will only be taking 3 people. I will edit this post for complete applications. Happy DnDing

Completed:

Andruism, Thera Shaw, Human Bladesinger/Paladin
    tculler, Rhaezar, Human Fighter/cleric
    Unwritten One, Nayame'ejathiir "Judd" Ahajuddas, Dragonborn Fighter
    Last edited by Asher; 05-17-2017 at 07:49 PM.

2. Default

I'm not familiar with the book so wanted to be clear that this is a 5th edition game? I have mostly played in home-brew campaigns so I'm not familiar with most modules.

3. Default

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [12]

4. Default

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (1d6) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (1d6) [3]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (1d6) [2]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (1d6) [4]

Correct it is 5E

Blog Entries

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) [11]

Won't make the same mistake i made in your other game XD These stats are just fine! Btw, when you say PHB, does that include any of the official follow ups, or just the default races from when 5e first came out?
    Last edited by Andruism; 05-14-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Anybody know where I can get the information for bladesinger? Looks interesting, but can't find it's ability list online (i live in korea for 2 more months, so getting a physical copy now would be inconvenient)

Just the ones that first came out.

Blog Entries

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) [3]

Feeling like playing a warlock...

[roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6rb3[/roll]

not sure why that didn't work... maybe because of paste and cut... trying again

Last edited by Luopo; 05-15-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast