Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Henchmen No More! (5E)

Default Henchmen No More! (5E)

System: D&D 5E (PbP)

What to do if you want to join: Roll your stats (4d6 worst 1 gets deleted) and then submit a Mythweavers sheet for a level 1 character.

How Many Players: 4-6 players

Background: You used to work for Lord Exsul who was more commonly referred to as "The Dark Lord" before a triumphant band of heroes managed to storm his castle and slay him and capture or kill the rest of your comrades. Fortunately your band of misfits managed to not get captured as you managed to escape while everyone else was still fighting without anyone noticing (as far as you know). You are now hiding in the humble town of South East Town with no money and fearful of any law enforcement or former servants of Lord Exsul who might eventually figure out what you did.

Setting: You are in the country of Patriam which consists of 9 cities/towns. There is the capital of Central City which is the largest city. Then there are North City, South City, East City, and West City which are the other four larger cities. Then there are smaller villages/towns of North East Town, South East Town, North West Town, and South West Town.

Sheets Submitted So Far:
    Razor Edge (Destati) - Human Fighter
    Berg'inyon (Freakshow) - Drow Bard
    Kyyragoth Griegugh (Grensen) - Half-Orc Monk
    Rawamar (Lunar Sapphire) - Half-Orc Fighter
    Kenashi Fant (Andruism) - Tiefling Sorcerer
    Tana (Astrumvicis) - Human Wizard

People That Have Only Rolled Stats: Armenias

If anyone has any questions please feel free to post them here.

If anyone has anything outside of the PhB that you want to do then you can PM me or show me here what it is.

Last edited by gotti; 04-26-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Default Henchmen No More! (5E)

What sources are allowed/disallowed for character creation? Is this an evil character game, or are the characters reformed now, or was their service to the dark lord forced? What are your intended tone and direction for the game? Is it completely sandbox or is there some storyline the players would be participating in, or some combination? What are some things applicants could latch onto and incorporate into their character background that would help tie them into the world/story better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    What sources are allowed/disallowed for character creation? Is this an evil character game, or are the characters reformed now, or was their service to the dark lord forced? What are your intended tone and direction for the game? Is it completely sandbox or is there some storyline the players would be participating in, or some combination? What are some things applicants could latch onto and incorporate into their character background that would help tie them into the world/story better?
    Good questions.

1. I will only allow races from the player's handbook.

2. People worked for the Dark Lord for a variety of reasons whether it be for money, loyalty, coercion, or any combination of the three. So it is possible for a good character to exist in this game.

3. I don't want to limit anything players can do creatively for this story which is why I didn't put much concrete elements into this world besides the country name and the name of the cities/towns. I am however am looking to keep this relatively family-friendly so I figure I should put that out there.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [13]

I'm not in any other games as a player but Im running two games. I figure it's time I begin to play as well!

I'll submit a character when it's ready. Doing a Human Fighter.
    <-)-=----------------=-(->

5. Default

Im thinking a drow bard, who was 'traded away' to the dark lord by his family.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) [14]

OMG TWO 18s! Being Human will combo well!

Stat Sheet. (Human Fighter 1, Archery Focused. Criminal Background)
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1184194

WOW nothing short of 14 for this guy!

Drow Bard, can't wait to read that one!
    <-)-=----------------=-(->

Hmm, well I must say that despite my intentions of joining any new D&D stuff for a while this set up has my attention. I think it has some good storytelling potential, with a past under a BBEG and an open ended choice as to whether the characters want to reform or perhaps try and recreate the villain's plans. I'm not certain on anything too mechanical yet but I'm leaning towards a monk of some variety. I'll be more finalized once I settle on some background fluff.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (2, 1, 3, 2) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (6, 6, 3, 4) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (4, 5, 6, 6) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (6, 2, 2, 6) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (1, 2, 6, 1) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (6, 3, 4, 3) [13]
    -Active-
    Private Investigator of West Portside: Beatrice 'Basil' le Chui
    Dwarven Corpse Number Three: Brozengrid Cragview

We'll see if the rolls inspire me:

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (1, 3, 3, 6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (5, 1, 1, 1) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (5, 5, 5, 2) [15]

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (4, 5, 3, 5) [14]

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (1, 1, 6, 5) [12]

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (5, 3, 6, 2) [14]

9. Default

Berg'inyon is a stylish man who enjoys refined culture. Whether it's wine, art or conversation: Berg'inyon loves to indulge himself in the finer things in life.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1184291
    Last edited by FreakShow; 04-21-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakShow View Post
    Berg'inyon is a stylish man who enjoys refined culture. Whether it's wine, art or conversation: Berg'inyon loves to indulge himself in the finer things in life.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1184291

The link to your sheet was broken so I fixed it and put it in the OP.

What does the name Chaszymr mean in relation to your character? Was that just the name you were going to go with until you changed it to Berg'inyon?

You also need to fill in a lot of major details on your sheet (like alignment and armor class for starters).
    Last edited by gotti; 04-21-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast