Thread: 7th Sea, Second Edition

1. Default 7th Sea, Second Edition

Hey everyone!

So, we were talking about possibly looking at different systems in the future before we return to Hlosterin proper and... I think I'm ready to throw my hat into the ring.

I was a backer of 7th Sea, Second Edition and would like to run us a game. I haven't learned the system and I'm new to GMing, but if anyone wants to do that experiment with me here in the future I'm game to try.

2. Default

I'm not all that familiar with either edition of 7th Sea, but it's something that I've always been interested. I'd be happy to give it a shot. :-3

7th Sea, swashbuckling.

Fuck yes piracy 100% yes. I will plunder everything not nailed down, then steal the nails!

I will also play a crocodile man pirate if it kills me. It is my destiny.

4. Default

There are no crocodile or lizardmen, unfortunately.

But I would totally play 7th Sea. I was also a backer, so... you know.

Blog Entries

As a backer of Planet Mercenary... the draft version of the PDF is now out, with final versions going to print in another month. The mechanics are all solid, they're just down to the copy-editing and addition of more flavour text at this stage.

If we'd like to try a mayhem-filled optimistic sci-fi (set in the universe of Schlock Mercenary), I'd be willing to run it alongside Hlosterin once I have the free time for DMing duties again.
    (( Average ASCII Artisan and Ambitiously Anachronistic Assonanteur ))
    (( This post has been quad-ROT13 encrypted. Reading it violates the DMCA. ))
    (( My Campaign | Lib:Altar ))

6. Default

I'm leaning more towards adventures on the high seas than in space, and that's not just with respect to the two systems mentioned; the idea of a Pathfinder game had also been bandied about, though I don't recall who or how many of us were present for that particular discussion.

That being said, I've taken a quick peek at the 7th Sea book, and both the setting and the mechanics interest me. If I had to vote for a system, it'd be that one.

7. Default

I'm in a similar boat of sci-fi having run its course for me for a little while. Not to mention an utter ignorance of Schlock Mercenary.

Also, how much of an 'if' is it for when you have free time again? Kaylee's the only one of us (besides Odin, being newer) who hasn't run anything, too.

Does this mean I'm not running FATAL now? I wanted to run that, the maids rpg, or ponyfinder.

In seriousness I did find these rules light games that look fun for when we're missing people.

The first is Everyone is John. John is a man with some mental illness which causes him to hear voices that control his actions. The players play the voices.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:EVERYONE_IS_JOHN.png

The second is Field Work. 1-2 players go through their day at work as an IT professional in a world where the supernatural commonly causes IT problems. (("Sorry, mam, it's going to take at least 3 days for the company exorcist to get these ghosts out of your router."))

https://dl.orangedox.com/8wnVJqHAXzdbtBwQdC/15131.pdf
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

Blog Entries

Oh, god... "Everyone is John" is basically a jeepform turned Inside Out (as in the film). I love it. You clearly need to set some ground rules so that no one person's Obsession completely screws over everyone else's to keep it light and competitive, but it could work.
    (( Average ASCII Artisan and Ambitiously Anachronistic Assonanteur ))
    (( This post has been quad-ROT13 encrypted. Reading it violates the DMCA. ))
    (( My Campaign | Lib:Altar ))

I could run with "Everyone Is John" if we need a holdover lulzy thing.