Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords - Replacements Needed

Default Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords - Replacements Needed

We are currently in need of one to three replacement players for Rise of the Runelords. We really only need one to keep both groups at four but willing to take two additional players to bring the headcount back up to the original five per group. We lost one player from the Mythweaver crash a while back and two more have slowly stopped posting since then. Both groups lack a frontline character but that is by no means a requirement. Would much rather have someone with an interesting background and concept. New players are more than welcome.

Here is the current roster:

Group 1:
    Dresh Cindersworn – Half-Orc Shaman – Blaster/Support.
    Scarlett Starshine – Human Oracle – Support/Utility/Secondary Melee
    Quinray Valdemar – Half-Elf Rogue – Skills/Face/Ranged Dmg

Group 2:
    Hawley Albiza – Half-Elf Wizard – Blaster/Translator
    Mina – Sylph Druid – Support/Utility/Blaster
    Arryn Haywood – Human Ranger – Switch Hitter
    Exin Sharr – Human Cleric – Support/Secondary Melee

General overview of the AP:
    In the sleepy coastal town of Sandpoint, evil is brewing. An attack by crazed goblins during the annual Swallowtail Festival quickly turns into something more ominous as the shadows of a dark past come back to haunt the town—and perhaps all of Varisia. Can the heroes stop the awakening of a legendary runelord and keep him from reclaiming his lost kingdom of greed?

The Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path begins with a goblin attack and takes players on an epic journey through the land of Varisia as they track a cult of serial killers, fight depraved backwoods ogres, stop an advancing army of stone giants, delve deep into ancient dungeons to reclaim weapons of unbelievable power, and finally go up against an all-powerful wizard-king in his ancient mountaintop city.

This adventure takes players from level 1 to about 17, so it will take some time to complete.

System: Pathfinder

Posting: Prefer to keep it once a day or every other day. Any slower than that and it can bog the game down, especially during combat.

Character creation:
    Level 1
    20 Point Buy
    Races: Core Races. Most other races will be accepted. If the race you want to play is typically evil run it by me first. I will require an interesting backstory as to why he would be in Sandpoint.
    Classes: All (including occult) except anti-paladin and gun wielding classes/archetypes. Use unchained versions of barbarian, monk, rogue, and summoner classes.
    Starting Wealth: Roll, based on class.
    Alignment: Don't care, as long as you are not overly disruptive to the party.
    Traits: Two, or three with a drawback. One needs to be a campaign trait from the Rise of the Runelords Player’s Handbook or the campaign traits from the Advanced Player’s Guide.
    Background: Please provide a background. Does not have to be long, just give us a good idea of where you come from and what your life has been like up until now.
    Personality: Would like to see some likes/dislikes/fears/quirks/etc.
    House Rules: To help with feat taxes we are using this.

Please provide a completed Mythweavers sheet as well.

Current due date will be set for 4/28/2017.
    Last edited by Bithawa; 04-18-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Authentic Forum Dice-rollstarting wealth - (5d6*10) [220] for half-elf paladin (holy tactician)

Blog Entries

(STR is 16, it's set the way it is for encumbrance from MW backpack)

Iradil
    was raised in Sandpoint by innkeeper's half-orc maid Sarah who took pity on him after finding him in a dumpster as an infant. Although it was difficult, she raised him to be generous, honest and kind. She also taught him to sharpen his teeth so he can defend himself. When he was 16, she disappeared for a few days and was soon found drowned near the coast, although the sea was calm the past week and she was a good swimmer.

The innkeeper knew the boy was honest, so he offered him to take her job, which he did. 3 years later he happened upon an old dwarf Gomar, a retired paladin of Torag, and the two hit it off instantly. As their friendship developed, Gomar taught him about Torag, how to move in an armor, how to use a weapon and a shield and, most importantly, about strategy and tactics.

Although he was eager to learn, Iradil wasn't exactly book smart, he only learned about the gods and was interested in local gossip. Still, he made it up by being kind, persistent and by having sharp eyes, ears and an intuitive understanding of combat tactics.

He has a bit of a sweet tooth he likes to indulge and loves to draw, although he is horrible at it. He also finds morbid jokes and dark humor hilarious - he likes to tell them, but sometimes he gets confused before he finishes telling them; even when he doesn't, most people don't find them funny. He dislikes dishonesty and can't stand injustice. He fears he might die before experiencing romantic love. He doesn't like to read, preferring to imagine battles or taking in his surroundings.

Paladin's code:

- My word is my bond. When I give my word formally, I defend my oath to my death. Traps lie in idle banter or thoughtless talk, and so I watch my tongue.
    - I am at all times truthful, honorable, and forthright, but my allegiance is to my people. I will do what is necessary to serve them, including misleading others if need be.
    - I respect the forge, and never sully it with half-hearted work. My creations reflect the depth of my faith, and I will not allow flaws save in direst need.
    - Against my people’s enemies, I will show no mercy. I will not allow their surrender, except when strategy warrants. I will defeat them, yet even in the direst struggle, I will act in a way that brings honor to Torag.

Edit: linking all relevant materials (planning ahead)

- traits: adopted, tusked, defensive strategist, favored son, unlearned

- archetypes: holy tactician (paladin) eldritch guardian (fighter), martial master (fighter), mauler (familiar archetype)

- feats: boon companion, mauler's endurance, evolved familiar,
    bonded mind [TW], take the hit [TW], stealth synergy [TW], escape route [TW], shake it off [TW],
    lookout [C,TW], coordinated maneuvers [C,TW], shield wall [C,TW], outflank [C,TW], tandem trip [C,TW], harder they fall [C,TW], broken wing gambit [C,TW], paired opportunist [C,TW],
    combat patrol [C], greater trip [C]

The idea is to be able to constantly grant one of the teamwork feats to all party members as the situation requires (lookout for ambushes, shake it off for spells or poisons etc.) through holy tactician's battlefield presence, while all combat feats are shared with his familiar (including armor proficiencies). Martial master grants flexible access to combat feats which can be shared with everyone if they are also teamwork feats.

Asking here instead of a PM, just in case anyone else asks it- I feel new here, even though I've been in a game for awhile. Are any books restricted, asides from content you've already listed? Anything else? Thanks for DMing!

I believe all official paizo books are fine. Nothing comes to mind a far as being banned other than the anti-paladin alternate class and guns. I did forget to mention (which I will edit into original post), use the unchained versions for barbarian, rogue, summoner, and monk.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollStarting Wealth - (5d6*10) [170] for [Redacted. I have no clue how this character will be, but I'm forming him now.] fighter. Will get story and sheet together tomorrow.
    Last edited by Gelatinous Mess; 04-18-2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Character inspirations make things complicated.

Blog Entries

I (dig up, dust off, and rework a bit) Hiraakni, kobold crossbowman, DM permitting.

Race: Kobold

Class: Fighter (Crossbowman archetype)

Wealth:
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(5d6*10) [180]

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral

Traits:
    Killer (combat), Exiled (campaign)

Background:

As soon as he emerged from his egg, Hiraakni stepped into a life of ostracism. Kobolds are a lowly species, prone to fear of and submission to those with remarkably greater prowess. That fear and submission breeds hatred, and that hatred spills over against those with merely marginally greater prowess. And so it was that Hiraakni came to find himself an enemy within his own tribe, suffering for twelve years under their slings and arrows. As soon as he reached adulthood, the tribe decided he should die before he became powerful for his gifts. In that time, he roamed from place to place, mostly at night, stealing what he could, killing where and when he had to. Within a short time, he happened upon a small outpost, which served as a regular source of food and supplies. And weapons. For a year, he roamed ever further away, exploring and exploiting the land. Hiraakni fell in love with the mechanical bolt-slinger, and eventually happened upon the town of Sandpoint, where he discovered a more lucrative life in defending the lumber yard, rather than pilfering from it.

Personality:

Hiraakni is subservient and opportunistic; he's at the same time the least likely to lead, but the first to lay an ambush. Occasionally prone to cowardice, the kobold seeks to find allies within groups — insurance, he might call it. He is as reliable and friendly towards humanoids as a kobold could ever be expected to be, but spend enough time in his company, and you'll discover he avoids staring at humanoids for prolonged periods.

"Do you have any idea how disgusting hair is?" he'll reply, when pressed.
    Last edited by theScrappy; 04-18-2017 at 10:09 PM.

(I'm stealing theScrappy's formatting, it's super effective. )

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1182582
    - Jordan Grizmail, moping man extraordinaire!

Race - Half-Elf

Class - Fighter (Cad archetype)

Alignment - Lawful Neutral

Traits - Armor Expert (combat), Black Sheep (campaign)

Background -
    Jordan Grizmail grew up in the town a poor man. He keeps to himself so people can't hurt him after he lost his mother, who left when he was young. As he aged, his tormentors did too, and he adjusted with it. He became manipulative and secretive, even though inside he had no idea what he was doing. He eventually left at the age of 17, and returned at the age of 24. He's bummed around for awhile now, picking up odd jobs now and then. He has always desired something more, like a nagging feeling admonishing him.

Personality -
    Jordan can't read people, and makes up for by making it so they think what he wants. He'll keep a promise and his sense of pride, which he so closely guards with his habits. He'll take control when he can and likes to treat allies like great friends- Similar to a gang lord making sure cronies are loyal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Mess View Post
    (I'm stealing theScrappy's formatting, it's super effective. )

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1182582
    - Jordan Grizmail, moping man extraordinaire!

Race - Half-Elf

Class - Fighter (Cad archetype)

Alignment - Lawful Neutral

Traits - Armor Expert (combat), Black Sheep (campaign)

Background -
    Jordan Grizmail grew up in the town a poor man. He keeps to himself so people can't hurt him after he lost his mother, who left when he was young. As he aged, his tormentors did too, and he adjusted with it. He became manipulative and secretive, even though inside he had no idea what he was doing. He eventually left at the age of 17, and returned at the age of 24. He's bummed around for awhile now, picking up odd jobs now and then. He has always desired something more, like a nagging feeling admonishing him.

Personality -
    Jordan can't read people, and makes up for by making it so they think what he wants. He'll keep a promise and his sense of pride, which he so closely guards with his habits. He'll take control when he can and likes to treat allies like great friends- Similar to a gang lord making sure cronies are loyal.
    Just a bit of help with the sheet:

- your hp should be 2 higher (from CON modifier)
    - your AC should be 1 higher (from buckler, I usually put shield bonus under misc, experimental template sheet is missing the shield field)
    - armor expert trait doesn't reduce ACP from shields
    - you should list your racial traits (in case you took some alternate racial traits)
    - you should pick a favored class(es) and list which favored class bonus you chose (+1 hp, +1 sp or a class-specific FCB)

I'll do that elan, thanks! I'll go over again too just to be sure.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast