Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Replacements for Tyranny of Dragons Campaign (5e)

Good luck, all! No matter who gets in, this looks like it'll be a good one.

1.) https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Goblin_(5e_Race) was the site I used for goblin. I had used the greenskin race, but looking it up again now I see this was for the monster stats, not the PC stats. I guess playable pc goblins have different racials than the original creatures did. Vicious mockery came from the Greenskin racial trait 'Mudslinger' from that site. I have changed it to reflect the actual PC version.

2.) at level 3, artificer's begin to gain access to spells (3 level 1 spells by level 5). It is a very limited list of spells, however. I'm pretty sure disguise self, cure wounds, and false life are NOT ritual spells, so I figured I had to check them to let you know they were prepared. They are definitely spells I have access to according to the WotC class rules, though.

3.) Hmm I guess I miscounted? I had added poisoner when I was considering basic rogue, guess I forgot to take it out. Similar to how I still have dwarvish there, that was from Craftsman backstory before I changed it.

4.) Orcpub gave my max starting hp as 11 (8 + con modifier) so i added 5x4 (20) to get 31, forgot con score, which would be another 5x4 (20) so that would actually be 51?

5.) The original lantern of revealing used up oil as a resource and would reveal any invisible or hiding things in a 30 foot radius to the entire party. The "Eyepatch" of healing that Gornik would use doesn't require oil as a resource, but the trade off is that it doesn't reveal the hiding creatures to the party since it doesn't actually give off light. It enhances his own vision in that eye, which lets HIM see the enemies but not the others. I guess it also doesn't give off light, which allows him to sneak around while using it.
    Last edited by Andruism; 04-22-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andruism View Post
    1.) https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Goblin_(5e_Race) was the site I used for goblin. I had used the greenskin race, but looking it up again now I see this was for the monster stats, not the PC stats. I guess playable pc goblins have different racials than the original creatures did. Vicious mockery came from the Greenskin racial trait 'Mudslinger' from that site. I have changed it to reflect the actual PC version.

2.) at level 3, artificer's begin to gain access to spells (3 level 1 spells by level 5). It is a very limited list of spells, however. I'm pretty sure disguise self, cure wounds, and false life are NOT ritual spells, so I figured I had to check them to let you know they were prepared. They are definitely spells I have access to according to the WotC class rules, though.

3.) Hmm I guess I miscounted? I had added poisoner when I was considering basic rogue, guess I forgot to take it out. Similar to how I still have dwarvish there, that was from Craftsman backstory before I changed it.

4.) Orcpub gave my max starting hp as 11 (8 + con modifier) so i added 5x4 (20) to get 31, forgot con score, which would be another 5x4 (20) so that would actually be 51?

5.) The original lantern of revealing used up oil as a resource and would reveal any invisible or hiding things in a 30 foot radius to the entire party. The "Eyepatch" of healing that Gornik would use doesn't require oil as a resource, but the trade off is that it doesn't reveal the hiding creatures to the party since it doesn't actually give off light. It enhances his own vision in that eye, which lets HIM see the enemies but not the others. I guess it also doesn't give off light, which allows him to sneak around while using it.
    1. You still don't have the correct racial material based on Volo's Guide to Monsters... They have Dex +2 and Con +1, darkvision 60 (which your magic goggles make darkvision 120), Fury of the Small, Nimble Escape, and 2 languages. They don't have Run For It.
    2. You're a spontaneous spellcaster like the sorcerer or warlock. You don't have "prepared" spells, you just have some spells that you can only cast as rituals (or that you can cast spontaneously OR as rituals).
    4. But your con mod is now +4, and it impacts your HP retroactively, so your level 1 HP should have been 12, plus average HP of 5 for each of the next 4 levels bringing it up to 32, plus your con mod of 4 for each of the next 4 levels (16) for a total of 48. You're duplicating your level 1 con mod bonus in your math.
    5. I'm not ok with unlimited ability to see invisibility, even if it's just you. The oil and the giving off of light are important limiting factors. Having 2 eyepatches would also mean you either are covering both eyes or can only use one at a time. Covering both eyes would give you the blinded condition, eliminating all the benefits to sight that you're looking for.

It's past the cutoff time now, so unless you're going to go for the vanilla Lantern of Revealing and stop trying to homebrew it, you have not met the time requirements, and you'd still need to make the appropriate sheet fixes for #1 and #4.
    Last edited by Rellott; 04-22-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Thank you all for your interest. I will be PMing the two selected applicants soon to get them into the game.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567