Thread: Lín'aoél (Fairy Mouse)

Default Lín'aoél (Fairy Mouse) - 5E D&D new creature

Apparently I made a thing.

Feedback and constructive criticism is welcome.
    Last edited by JCW; 03-12-2017 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Updated the image

Interesting. I don't really see this getting used in combat, but perhaps could work as a familiar. However, I'm not *familiar* with the rules on familiars to know what else you would need to do to integrate it as a potential familiar, if anything.

Come join us on Discord!

I don't know much about Familiars either, but I think it'd make a good Animal Companion. I don't think you'd even have to adjust it, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 02-27-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Familiars are spirits that is either a celestial, fiend or fey, that take the form of a small animal. However, I believe there is a variant rule that allows pixies, imps, faerie dragons and pseudo dragons to be taken as familiars as well. And with the right DM, anything is possible. This creature is of the same challenge rate as familiars, and can even be used in swarms. Just thought it would be something to add to the world. Not everything you come across needs to be killed, right?

Default Lín'aoél (Fairy Mouse)

Quote Originally Posted by JCW View Post
    Just thought it would be something to add to the world. Not everything you come across needs to be killed, right?
    At that point, though, why make a stat block for it?

Come join us on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    At that point, though, why make a stat block for it?
    I'm a perfectionist. If I want to make something, I want to do it right. Also, it's a lot easier to convince a DM to let you have something like this if it comes with official looking stats.

Well, I think it's pretty cool. And adorable. Do you mind if I use the Fairy Mouse in one of my campaigns some time?

Not at all. Everything I post on this forum is "Open Content", free for anyone to use as they please. Just give credit where credit is due if it comes up.