Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sidequests

Following the arrest of the doppelgangers, the small town holds little interest for Plesio. Not to mention the possibility that there may have been more doppelgangers than the two. He follows majority rule on where they go next, however, when they vote he casts for returning to Highbridge. After all, large towns tend to have people with deeper pockets.

Blog Entries

(assuming this is happening in a moderately full tavern at evening hours)

A very attractive human woman enters the establishment, dressed decently but revealing enough to entice imagination. She soaks the scene in, pulling her finger along the bar as she passes by. She bites her lip while moving around, her gaze lingering on everything and everyone. She moves her left hand across her body slowly while waiting for the barkeep to address her.

Meanwhile, in a corner sits another woman, pale and with bags under her eyes, staring blankly in front of her while whispering something to herself. Looking at her direction while unfocusing the eyes makes it seem as if there are multiple silhouettes of her sitting around her space, talking to each other and looking around as if they were hiding from someone.

It was good to be back in a large town. Small town life didn't suit him. It was too quiet. Though murder and doppelgangers livened things up.

Wait! What was that? Plesio rubs his eyelids, unsure of what he may have seen out of the corner of his eye? Ghost?

He straightens his clothes, grabs two drinks off a random table (as all the other males seemed to be distracted by a tart in a tight dress), and walks over to a solitary woman sitting in the corner. "Good evening, ma'am. I may be intruding but you seemed a little pale, so I brought you something that might put a little colour back into your cheeks." The rogue places one of the pilfered drinks onto the table for the woman. "Sorry I don't have one for your companions," he says fishing for a confirmation of what he may have seen.

Blog Entries

Elizabeth sharply breathes in, sensing another split approaching. She can feel a few leave, but dozens more remain seated. Not feeling particularly adventurous tonight, she sides with the majority, collapsing other possibilities: "How thoughtful", she looks at the hafling, her eyes tired, "but if you were hoping I would introduce you to one of my friends, you'll be disappointed, I came alone.", she doesn't touch the drink.

"Still, if you would like to keep me company, I would appreciate it. It's been a long day with a lot of hard decisions.", she remembers the glimpses of other, unpleasant, outcomes she left behind. If he stays, she adds: "You can call me Ella."

"Oh, I thought I saw others here. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me. I'd be honoured to keep you company," the halfling climbs into one of the chair around the table, and sips from his drink. "Ella, a lovely name. You can call me Plesio. Tell me about yourself. What brings you to town?"

Blog Entries

Default Sidequests

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDruidCrea View Post
    "Oh, I thought I saw others here. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me. I'd be honoured to keep you company," the halfling climbs into one of the chair around the table, and sips from his drink. "Ella, a lovely name. You can call me Plesio. Tell me about yourself. What brings you to town?"
    "You did?", Elizabeth looks startled, her condition must have progressed much more than she had realized if it came to displaying outward signs like that. How could have this happened?

"I'm afraid that what you saw is real.", her eyes begin welling up with tears, "It means I'm running out of time."

She laughs at the comment about her name, making the tears slide down her face: "It's a shorthand everyone uses."

"Well, Plesio, there was a threat here no one knew about. And now, no one will." No one except her. She could still smell the charred bodies and see the whole town engulfed in flames. "What about you?"

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Default Sidequests

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDruidCrea View Post
    Plesio tries to hide, though thinly veiled, his confusion. "Were those ghosts? Or ethereal creatures? Wait, - running out of time for what? Perhaps I can help? I'm an adventurer. We, my team and I, just arrived back in town from a job."
    Elizabeth laughs: "Do not worry, they are not ghosts, merely... possibilities. They are me.", she struggles to explain it, "Possibilities of me... Imagine if I... we flipped a coin, half of us would get heads and the other half tails. We don't know which until we look. When we do, there is usually a 'split' at which point our paths diverge. Now imagine you could take a peek at one other possible outcome and choose that one if you like it more."

"I would rather not ruin our evening talking about it, perhaps another time. But if you want, I could let you experience a 'split'.", she gives him a coin, "Just let me know before you flip it."

The young halfling puts his hand up, letting her keep the coin, "as you said, another time. The topic seemed to upset you, and we don't want to ruin whatever possible evening we could have". Plesio motions one of the waiting staff over, then orders two more drinks - one alcoholic and one nonalcoholic, but to not tell them which is which. "Let the coin land as it may."

Blog Entries

Default Sidequests

Elizabeth winks: "I could try and take a peek, you know.", she laughs jokingly.

"So, an adventurer? One that offers to help someone they've just met... I would be more careful if I were you, they say the way to hell is paved with good intentions.", she smiles, her mood more relaxed now, "I'm just teasing you."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast