Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Prologue team Silver: Rock smashes glass.

Blog Entries

"We wouldn't be able to," says Niels, "but Dante and his Caballer friends likely could. Actually," he tosses Svea the cellphone Dante gave him, "you should probably text them."

"Maybe, but could isn't should." Zoe muttered. She wanted to get her own message to Lucy but in this particular instance technology had her beat. It was unlikely that any potential malicious spirits would chase down and eat the data from a text message, the spirit that resided in her phone on the other hand might seem like a tasty meal. Regardless what they were to do next really depended on how willing Svea was to brave whatever she had faced once more.

"Even if they could do something, Dante and Co might not be able to." Zoe added after a brief pause, part of her was simply speculating their options while another part just wanted to get into an argument. "This hospital is in the Hollow Ones stomping grounds, yeah? The Elder Dark or whatever. From what Dante wrote it didn't seem they were too buddy-buddy with him. Imagine how you'd feel if a bunch of freaks started giving your home a once over uninvited. Not only would they be disrespecting whats yours but they'd also be knocking your ability to keep a clean house on your own. Hell that might be the kind of thing that the spirits banking on, a big old mage brawl based on ego to latch onto and corrupt."
    -Active-
    Bright-eyed idealist Briar Williams and her Vigilante façade Poppet

Blog Entries

Niels nods at her reasoning:
    My thought process is this: what we had was Balance. Then the spirit moves in and magif--s the neighborhood to sh--. That's out of whack.

Now, I've only got V-bean terms to put this in, but what I'm freaked to f-- out about for all the mundies in this dump is Nature's inevitable re-Balance. Thanks to our good pal Entropy, there's a very, very limited amount of time in which you can act to bring a state back to its original. And it takes a crapton of energy, resources, and coordination.

Past that point, there's too much Entropy to ever go back. Unless you jack it with magic. But with all the mundanes being affected, even our strong-a-- minded Akashics?
    " Niels shakes his head, blowing out a low whistle. "We don't even have the time we think we have."

He glances over at Svea all the way over there, checking to see if she's getting on those digits. Then checks to see what's going on with his dad and Elena. "Dad. Elena. I don't know how you've guys have been taking this. But, while we're waiting, there are worse ways we could burn our time than brainstorming."

Blog Entries

Hagrid looks over from scanning the area to Niels. "Hmmm? Oh. I'd say we got a few options. One if keep going in and trying to solve this ourselves while the spirits are off guard. Another is leaving and asking more experienced mages on how to deal with these kind of spirits and not end up like Svea." He nods in the monks direction.
    "Personally, I don't like leaving these things alone for too long, but if we don't know anything about them then that's asking for a shit storm.And by the way, somethin's watching us. Don't know where or what, but it's out there." The man finishes, turning his attention back to the decrepit building.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

"Ah," says Niels. He release his hands from behind his hand and raises one arm slowly, warily, into the air and then extends his middle finger. "Voyeur this."

Finished, he drops his arm and reshuffles priorities. "I don't like leaving these things either, but I guess I'd still like to hear what Svea's cooking up before we make our calls."

"Think I only got like, half of that," Zoe replied to Neils, "But I think I get what you're getting at, if we don't fix this in someway its gonna like, affect the humans around here badly. Trying to fix this in anyway will be difficult and we don't have long until it becomes too difficult for anyone to handle."

She didn't like that Hagrid also wanted to turn to the mages as well. It wasn't their only option and even if she was biased Zoe felt the Garou would have a much keener insight than any mage. At least he only wanted to consult the mages rather than having them 'fix' the problem for them. "It seems whatever we wanna do, after Svea makes up her mind, we need to know more about this spirit. If that's the case I could always have a peek at it. I mean if the Gauntlet is as thin as we reckon it is that shouldn't like, too difficult to try. Shouldn't be all that dangerous either. Having a description would help us narrow down its nature when we describe it to whoever it is we're going to consult."

As Niels offered his sentiments on the spirits spying on them Zoe added "Is it voyeuring if we're in its home? I mean we did break in."
    Last edited by Grensen; 09-04-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    -Active-

Blog Entries

"Eh? I just had to get that out of my system. If everyone's up for it, we can give it a group f-- off later," says Niels, middle fingers already itching. "But, yeah, so far, I'm not even sure if Svea could tell if she was talking to herself or the spirit. I remember those too-cool-for-school punka--ses we met. Hate to say it right in front of her, but they might actually know more than she who went up directly against it."
    Last edited by Isada; 09-04-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries

"I'm standing right here you know." Svea offers as Niels and Zoe keep talking to each other about her. "Now, I'm bursting with paradox here but the spirit still has a link to me. I think I can force it to show itself. But I'll tell you right now I'm not worth anything in a fight as it is. When this is done I'm gonna take a two month magick-less vacation to bleed off my paradox. Or we just leave now, your call."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

"I know," Zoe replied, obvious to her faux pas. "If you've still got like, a link to the spirit is it wise to even let you walk around beyond the hospital, let alone with other humans?" Zoe furrowed her brow as she considered the answer to her own question. There was the potential for the spirit to just corrupt Svea with its link or introduced to the wider world simply spread to other weaker willed people. It seemed that for now the best possible solution was to either fight the spirit now or quarantine Svea until they had some more information, and what better place to do that in.

"If you're as weak as you claim Svea then you have no way to contain the spirit to just yourself. If you leave now you're like, risking spreading this thing, making it stronger and affecting other people." Zoe let out an exasperated sigh. "Screw it, we're not getting anywhere fast just standing around, call who you need to. I'm taking a look."

Finding a moldy, torn remains of a mattress, that after all this time of disuse still managed to find a way of being moist, and took a seat at the edge of the bed. Performing her best impression of The Thinker Zoe rested her head against her hand and looked at the others. Her brow was even further furrowed than it was before. Clearly she was wither extremely pissed off or deeply concentrated. Her eyes looked from one person to the other until they slowed to look somewhere passed the group. Those keen enough to notice could see the strange pale violet colour of her eyes starting to grow more vivid the longer this went on.

-Active-

Blog Entries

Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast