Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Prologue team Silver: Rock smashes glass.

Blog Entries

Niels racks his brain for how to break a mandala, although he's never heard of such a thing before. Likely because I wasn't listening and/or spending my entire life trying not to get involved in Quiet.

Intelligence+Occult?
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d10) (4, 2) [6]

Blog Entries

These Mindscapes are every bit as real to you as 'normal' reality would be. So if you wanted to destroy the mandala that the monk and Svea are making it would be as easy as just giving it a good kick to make all the colored sand go flying. One could do this with magick if so inclined, just like you could do anything with magick though it probably isn't necessary. The hypnotizing effect the mandala has on people could be the product of any number of things. The mandala under construction might even be magical in which case they really should have picked a less easily disrupted medium to create it with than loose colored sand. It is not inconceivable that the hypnotizing effect is coming from Svea herself, seeing as she would be well versed in Mind magicks, being an Akashik and all...
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

"Hey, turns out I do know something," says Niels. F--ing wild. He explains how the mandala is physically real here, so disturbing the sand will take it out. "Begging the question, why sand? Unless it's Svea or her avatar or something doing all the fu-fudgery." ​Fudgery, now a word of caution.

Information from an article Sarah read a few months ago jumps to her mind. "Tibetan Buddhists use sand and paint to create mandalas as a meditation on impermanence and the transitory nature of material life," she says quietly, almost verbatim. Clicking her nails together a few times, she shrugs. "So, I, uh, guess they're not meant to stick around?"

"Right, so we become complete jerks at the beach and kick over Svea's sand castle and some of this will be fixed?" Zoe growled. "Alright then, who's helping ruin this thing that I'm sure she's been working very hard on for our own amusement?" She asked, pulling some strong emotions along with her junkyard hatchet as she approached the teepee.
    -Active-
    Bright-eyed idealist Briar Williams and her Vigilante fašade Poppet

Blog Entries

Eldra is currently thinking on that. "...we might alter the mandala."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Nodding as if in affirmation, Elena is thinking of a design that would change the thinking, perhaps make their rescue mission easier, starting from the inside. It might give some wonky memory, but that could be straightened out later: fixing the girl's mental state came first.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollExpression + Culture - (5d10s6) (2, 5, 4, 4, 8) [1] (I think these are the two I need for a Mandala Design...correct me if I'm wrong)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDexterity + Athletics - (6d10s6) (3, 7, 3, 4, 10, 8) [3] (to change it really fast with the tip of her shoe)
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 05-22-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

"100% open to the idea," says Niels. "No idea how to implement it. I'm pretty stuck on how to alter it without breaking it. As soon as it's moved, sand's gonna go flying." Physical stuff, right? I mean, I guess we could add sand in some kind of continuous motion, but where would we even get it? He really, really gets gutted thinking about having to resort to magic on anything involving the mandala.

Blog Entries

Elena disrupts the mandala with a quick swipe of her foot, breaking the spiral pattern the two kneeling figures were creating. Both Svea and the monk look up sharply and apparently quite angry at the disruption. Somewhere in this tranquil mindscape the sound of distant thunder rolls.
    "What is the meaning of this?" The monk asks sharply. "This is a private exercise and you weren't invited!" He continues, standing up. He looks old but not venerable, with tanned skin and of indeterminable race. His hair is shorn at the sides of his head and kept long and combed back on top. A small leather bag hangs from his neck, decorated with a colorful pattern.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast