Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Prologue team Silver: Rock smashes glass.

Blog Entries

"I'd say check out the pet shop first." Hagrid suggests. "If I was somethin' evil, I'd hide in a little thing like that cat. But I don't have much experience with this mind business, so if any of you all know somethin', I'd suggest you tell the rest of us."

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Sarah turns to Hagrid, almost looking offended when he suggests that the patron saints of the internet are evil, but says nothing. Looking between all the tepees, she brings her hands together and starts clicking her nails off each other nervously. She has no idea what to do, for the frst time in her life. There were no computers here, no internet. The only pure 'magic' stuff she'd ever done was traversing cyberspace to talk to the other VAs, and even then she'd needed a VR headset just to visualise it properly. And then, with these tepees and the many Sveas, there's the whole looking at and judging people thing. She's never got people. People were a weird and alien thing, something she'd hardly had to pay much attention to until now.

"I don't know," she quietly mumbles to Hagrid, aware of how utterly useless she is for this part of the mission.

Blog Entries

((Anybody looking longer than a casual glance at the spiral mandala in tepee 3 needs to make a willpower roll diff 6 or be too fascinated to look away and concentrate on anything else. Aya guides.))
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Niels steps out of Tepee 3 as soon as his eyes unglue themselves from the circles. "Watch out for the mandala," he tells anyone outside before sharing what he's learned. "If you see a tiger, that's Svea's avatar." Engage? Do not engage? He shrugs haplessly in the downpour. "They aren't in Tepee 3, though."

He sucks the back of his teeth trying to put the clues together. Nope, I've got nothing. "Did any of that mean any" f--ing "thing to anyone here?" he mutters under his breath.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollWillpower - (5d10s6) (5, 5, 6, 6, 6) [3]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Elena meets with the others. Alright. As information is collaborated, she explains. "Mental landscapes are tricky...but here is what we have. Childhood, then the knife and mirrors, the adoption, the mandala, the scene with punching. Zoey has discovered that the last two, she's sick, somehow. Niels also confirmed that her avatar was missing. My intuition guided me there, as well, so I put forth that we have our intrusion. 'Aya guides' is what they said in there - I believe that is the source of the sickness, and subsequently the issue we have today. You have seen how delicate a Mage's mind is, Zoey - one imbalance can tip the whole scale over."

Leading the group to Teepee 3, Elena mentions, "Whatever you do, avert your eyes from the mandala." She'll let everyone assemble here first, though, before confronting.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

"Hey hold up a sec!" Zoe snapped rather forcefully with a heavy hand falling on Elena's shoulder. "That isn't the order. It's childhood, knife in the mirror room, brass knuckles in the burning building and that's where I can first sense the sickness, the pet shop with the sickness again, then like, the garden with the mandala thingy but no sickness. Which seems weird to me. That along with your 'intuition' and Niels finding out about Svea's Avatar not being there, the garden one is most likely the intruder, probably. But I think you're wrong that it's the source of the sickness, since the sickness was detectable before this memory, mindscape whatever. That's also why I asked one of you lot to do so magic sensey stuff on Svea in either the burning building or the pet shop to figure out what exactly the sickness is. It could be the cause of all this, could be magical in nature that'll spread through us being here. It could start from her encounter with the man in the mirror room or be spilling from the mandala and going backwards, I don't know!" Her voice rumbled louder and louder, rivaling the downpour of the storm that surrounded them.

"That's why I want to find out, so I'm like, telling, not asking, one of you find out what the sickness in Svea is exactly." Zoe punctuated herself with a snort before continuing. "On the point of knowing what is going on, what is the actual procedure for dealing with this intrusion? What's the plan? You say that a Mage's mind is delicate and one imbalance could tip it over. Is that what we want? Cause enough ruckus and loud bangs that Svea's mind like, works out something is wrong and tries to burn out the intruder like a immune system or something? Do we talk to it and try and convince it to leave? Do we talk to Svea's Avatar it's kinda like an independent spirit right? Does it know something's wrong, can it help?" The Garou let out a calmer longer sigh, aware that she was becoming irate and stubborn.

"I just wanna know what we're doing, explained in way a complete idiot with no knowledge of magic can understand. I don't want to be responsible for fucking up a human's brain, even a mage's, because I had no idea what's going on." She turned from the tent and stood in the center of the teepee ring squinting with a furrowed brow towards the third tent and the others. Her stance clearly stating that she wasn't moving until she had at least some of her questions answered.

Last edited by Grensen; 04-25-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    -Active-
    Bright-eyed idealist Briar Williams and her Vigilante façade Poppet

(...wait. I was reading it as the chronological sequence being 1, 2, 5, 3, 4.)

Blog Entries

Niels adjusts his glasses, a fruitless clarification given the constant watery barrage. "I kinda thought the plan was to find whatever part of Svea is still conscious, possibly only her Avatar," tiger-avatar, tigAtar, avaTigger, Aya-Tar? ",at this point, and ask that how to un-Quiet Svea."

Sarah shrugs, and then nods at Niels, pointedly looking away from the tent that she's been told has some kind of doom-mandala in it. "Can we break the mandala? Or unravel it somehow?" she asks, folding her arms tightly.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast