Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 82

Thread: Chapter 2 Combat 1

  1. Default

    Pavel remembers the news. It was 1095 ER, 15 years ago (I said 14 before, but it was 15). The 8th Cordillera legion had been terribly bloodied in a confrontation with the elves in the far south of the Feylands at the end of 1094. Rogue elements of the remaining troops had illegally obtained information from an elven mage, then banded together and struck deep into Elven territory, where they torched Melandruara Hold, a known academy for elven mages.

    Most of the elves there--over 2 thirds students--had died. General Ortes of the 8th had immediately ordered everyone involved summarily executed. The Senate was furious, not only that it had happened but that no one was questioned about it. It's widely considered to have been the work of the Nereneans, given the way it was covered up and General Ortes' known loyalty to the Prime Minister.

    If these elves were survivors of the destruction of Melandruara, they would likely have some difficulties with humans taking up residence in their lands.
    Last edited by Uminaoshi; 01-26-2017 at 10:19 PM.

  2. Default

    (FYI, Sieg is up)

  3. Default

    (Sorry for being late again, my grandmother has influenza and I've been running around doing errands as a result)

    (You said Sieg has advantge but with exhaustion he also has disadvantage so they should cancel out, unless you still think hed have advantage)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHistory - ( d20+8 ) [11]

    Once again Siegfried will try to persuade a cease fire between them as Mara is so boldly standing in front of them

    "Please listen to us, yes you were greatly wronged in your past no one can deny that. But these humans have nothing to do with what happened to you back then, think of the pain and fear you felt then and realize that these simple humble villagers feel the same fear for their lives now as you did then. Taking their lives will not ease the pain, it will only scar you for the rest of your lives once you realize the mistake you have made. Now is a moment of great importance and opportunity in your lives, you can choose to act out of violence and revenge, but you can also choose to show that you are better than those who hurt you long ago. These people are ready to leave this land which is rightfully yours, they offer no resistance other to protect their own lives as they did not know better. I know what it's like to want vengeance for an undeserved wrong doing,...revenge is a poison that seeps through your veins and consumes your mind. You lose your self the more your give into it, and while it is difficult, choosing to put it aside is a cleansing feeling that is unlike anything you can imagine."

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPersuasion - ( d20+6 ) [24]
    [^ Make that a 23 not 24, Incorrectly remembered my Cha modifier]
    Last edited by Quintilium; 01-30-2017 at 08:30 AM.

  4. Default

    E3 and E5, after the onslaught of persuasion from the priestess and the bard--moved in part by the fact that the bard is clearly not human, and the priestess seems to be worshiping an Araden goddess--draw their flaming spheres back toward them as protection, still staring out with fear and contempt at the interlopers, but unwilling to do them harm.

    Solario starts to see hope in his situation. "Dismantle the village," he shouts in Elvish. "Use your fires to burn it to the ground, leave nothing, but let these people go back to Fort Spire."

    Avery joins in, his elven less assured. "I know what happened to your kith and kin. We will not pass this way again, if we are permitted to leave."

    It's back up to Pavel.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Rodos, Greece
    Posts
    161

    Default Chapter 2 Combat 1

    Pavel sees that the "villager's" persuasion attempt has some success. So firstly, he says to those around him everything he remembered about the incident 15 years ago and then to the elves, speaking in elven: "Just let them go.". (no persuasion attempt, he'll leave it to the others)
    He casts Mage Armor on him and gets just outside of the range of the flaming spheres. Finally, he prepares to move his own flaming sphere against any elf that will act with hostility against them (with priority against the E4, who should be within the range of his sphere)
    Last edited by Profit; 01-31-2017 at 12:04 AM.

  6. Default

    Elves 1, 2, and 4 continue to advance, while 3 and 5 hang back, holding their flaming spheres still. When E4 runs forward, Pavel can strike out against him (you can go ahead and give me the damage on the sphere, and then I'll do his reflex check and concentration check to see how much damage he takes and whether or not he holds on to his spell. Then depending on what happens I'll complete his action)

    E1 screams at his brethren in elvish. "We made a pact to end this here, an oath we cannot return from, and you quail from your duty NOW?" He intones a spell and launches three scorching rays out of his hand at Mara; meanwhile, he causes his flaming sphere to leap into the air and land at Avery's feet.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollray1 - (1d20+6) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollray1 damage - (2d6) [10]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollray2 - (1d20+6) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollray2 damage - (2d6) [4]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollray3 - (1d20+6) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollray3 damage - (2d6) [11]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAvery's reflex - (1d20+2) [13]
    [roll=flaming sphere damage to Avery]2d6


    E2 focuses on Pavel. He rolls his flaming sphere directly toward the wagons; he seems about to cast a scorching ray like his companion, but when he notices that Pavel has cast an armor spell, he switches to a magic missile.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollmagic missile damage to Pavel - (3d4+3) [9]

    Meanwhile, the villagers hide behind the wagons, while the 5 guards position themselves to try and intercept the flaming spheres if they arrive.

  7. Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollflaming sphere damage to Avery - (2d6) [6]

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Rodos, Greece
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollflaming sphere damage - (2d6) (1, 3) [4] (dc:13)

    * Pavel reached 0 hp with the magic missiles, so I don't know if he'll be able to move the sphere
    Last edited by Profit; 01-31-2017 at 09:51 PM.

  9. Default

    (I'm going to call it that yes, since you were holding an action and the elf moved before casting it, you're good to do the sphere)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollconcentration check - (1d20+2) [8]

  10. Default

    E4 loses control of his flaming sphere even as Pavel is knocked unconscious and his disappears as well. He follows his companion's lead and uses a scorching ray against Avery.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollscorching ray - (1d20+6) [12]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollscorching ray - (1d20+6) [11]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollscorching ray - (1d20+6) [9]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollscorching ray damage - (2d6) [4]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollscorching ray damage - (2d6) [9]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollscorching ray damage - (2d6) [8]

    We're back to Maramil, Avery, Solario, and Mara--Pavel is currently unconscious at 0 hp

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •