Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 531 to 536 of 536

Thread: Chapter 4: A Promethean Task

  1. Default

    Gnarl uses his arcane powers to create a shimmering barrier of force around the group as much as possible to prevent any big debris falling on top of them. He also uses expeditious retreat on himself to offset for his lesser base speed. Other than that, he focuses on his survival first, the group's second, and others third.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDexterity check to react quickly to situations - (1d20+3) (3) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIntelligence ability check for spellcasting - (1d20+4) (12) [16]

  2. #532
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    9,726

    Default

    Gian is unable to maintain his aid spell, but he has a keen eye for spotting the injured and helping them out. He moves slowly trying to avoid being shoved around, and winds up falling behind as he helps others.

    Gnarl keeps rocks from falling, but only just in the nick of time - he misses one.

    Sokaron trips and falls, rolling over just in time to blast a falling rock heading straight at his face that Gnarl missed. The bright side of falling down means that there are plenty of people ahead of him to help him see the right way to go.

    Bel is confused by the underground tunnels, but Xilona is able to find the way and lead her, and they both dart nimbly around obstacles such as people and falling rocks.

    Adrastos gets lost in the dust looking for people to help and falls behind.

    Here is a rough chart of your relative locations.

    Rising lava -- Sokaron - Adrastos|Gian - Gnarl - Bel|Xilona ---------------

    Sokaron has fallen furthest behind and is closest to the rising lava. As a result, he takes Authentic Forum Dice-rollfire - (1d6) [6] . Between the distance and Gian's help, no one else takes damage.

    As you progress, Xilona and a number of dwarves run into a collapsed tunnel. "It should be open! It's the fastest way up and out!" Some of them begin working to break and/or move the impediment, while others turn to run down side tunnels. Which do you do? If you run down side tunnels, you'll need to roll Nature, Perception, and Survival. If you try to break/move the rock, you'll need to roll Athletics, an attack roll, and a Dex save.
    If you're interested in joining in this year's already-in-progress Dungeon Delver competition, send me a PM!



  3. Default

    Gian helps Sokaron up to his feet and then shouts, "Take the side tunnels!"

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollNature - (1d20+3) (8) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+7) (11) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurvival - (1d20+7) (19) [26]

    I'm assuming there isn't really enough time to cast guidance for these rolls.

  4. #534
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    9,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theskyvalker View Post
    I'm assuming there isn't really enough time to cast guidance for these rolls.
    Correct. This is a mad scramble.
    Last edited by Rellott; Yesterday at 03:30 PM.
    If you're interested in joining in this year's already-in-progress Dungeon Delver competition, send me a PM!



  5. #535

    Default

    ((OOC: I thought i made clear that his main concern was to keep up behind his team before helping anyone, but ok.. i roll with it.. ))

    Adrastos, seeing that he fall behind, he looks around trying to see where the main flow of the dwarves is going, so he follow them.
    If for any reason there are no dwarves in his line of sight, he looks up on the cavern's ceiling and follows the smoke.
    ((OOC: I assume that as lava burns through everything, trails of smoke (if not thick clouds) would have start forming and escaping to the nearest exit ))


  6. #536
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    9,726

    Default Chapter 4: A Promethean Task

    Something along those lines, plus the general upward slope of the floor, yes. That's why I asked for nature, perception, and survival rolls if you weren't going to try to help move/break the fallen rock that's blocking the main path.
    If you're interested in joining in this year's already-in-progress Dungeon Delver competition, send me a PM!



Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •