Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chronicles of Misthaven campaign setting sourcebook

Blog Entries

Default Chronicles of Misthaven campaign setting sourcebook

This is a HUGE work in progress.
    But, we wanted to share what we already have with you.
    We are constantly adding to it and it grows every week.
    The non-edited parts may be a bit hard to read but that 'll be remedied sooner or later when our editor gets to them.
    If anyone wants, they can always suggest archetypes or prestige classes or other mechanical shennanigans that would fit into the Misthaven setting. Though keep in mind, you relinquish ownership of ideas posted here to me.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...?usp=drive_web
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Cavaliers(or Samurai) dedicated to the Order of the Mist are those whom have traveled the mists, and seen the dangers of Misthaven or other worlds firsthand. Serving their Guild, Free Company, Noble House, or even the Despot himself(at least, his court), these stalwart warriors prepare themselves for whatever may come to them...or, they prepare to bring the fight to anything that requires the end of a spear or the slash of a blade in order to pierce the veil that blinds both eyes and mind.

Edicts
    : The cavalier must work to further the goals of her organization, whether good or bad. She must discover the root cause of whatever job or mission she is on: there is no such thing as an incomplete task, as detrimental as it may be to her allies, because even if it is a failure, she will return with new information for what it cost.

Challenge: Whenever an Order of the Mist cavalier issues a challenge against a creature which they have successfully identified through a Knowledge check, the cavalier receives a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls made against the target of his challenge and a +1 dodge bonus to his AC against attacks made by the target of his challenge. These bonuses increase by +1 for every five class levels the samurai possesses (to a maximum of +5 at 20th level).

Skills: An Order of the Mist cavalier adds Knowledge: Planes (Int) and Perception (Wis) to her list of class skills. In addition, an Order of the Mist cavalier is imparted with a deep understanding of the mists, and may use Obscuring Mist as a spell-like ability once per day, using 1/3rd of her class level (minimum 1) as the caster level for the spell.

Order Abilities: A cavalier that belongs to the Order of the Mist gains the following abilities as she increases in level.

Mistwalker (Ex): At 2nd level, whenever an Order of the Mist cavalier is faced with an unfamiliar foe, they may make two applicable Knowledge checks and take the better result to ascertain features of said opponent. They may make this Knowledge check untrained up to DC 15.

Eyes Wide Open (Ex): At 8th level, the cavalier gains Blind-Fight as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites. If the cavalier already has Blind-Fight, she automatically gains Improved Blind-Fight instead; if she already has Improved Blind-Fight, she automatically gains Greater Blind-Fight instead.

All-Seeing Eye (Ex): At 15th level, the cavalier is aware of all around them. Whenever she makes a Perception check to avoid being surprised, whether by enemies or by traps, she may roll twice and take the better result. In addition, she gains Uncanny Dodge (Ex) as per the the Rogue class feature. If the cavalier already has uncanny dodge from another class, she automatically gains Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex), and in addition, the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rogue level required to flank the character.
    (for ease of reference)
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

In general, every time I open this doc it looks more and more awesome. I'm just gonna keep track of things I've contributed here if the editor needs to tear someone a new one about something:
    --The gods, except for the majority of info on Anas'Kun, Morallas, and Typhon
    --The noble houses
    --The churches (WIP)

But seriously, sometimes it gets hard to keep track of things, so feel free to let me know if something needs changed.
    Last edited by Isada; 02-12-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Chronicles of Misthaven campaign setting sourcebook

I promise to get back to editing after my exam.

Blog Entries

As I'm editing, I'm noticing that the Doc is REALLY heavy. Does anybody know how to fix that?

Blog Entries

Unhelpfully, I do not. Sometimes I just have to type up everything in Notepad and then copy+paste.

Blog Entries

I've started doing that, too. Which is unfortunate. We might want to break it up into different chapters to make it more manageable.

Blog Entries

I have no problem with it.
    Are you running Chrome on a capable system?
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

I'm running Opera on a perfectly capable system, as far as I know. It works fine, it's just sluggish to scroll and type.

Blog Entries

Ah, right.
    Opera...
    See, I think I spotted the problem.
    Apple and Google are very much not friends.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast