Page 201 of 215 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2142

Thread: Panic Station

1. Default

Hi all,

To pile on more bad news (maybe); I have a pretty strong indication that an offer for a new role in a company based out of Irvine, CA may be in my future! I hope to continue to participate in this PBP but I really don't know how much time it will take up. This represents my first executive level role at a company after completing my MBA and I believe this will help me achieve many of my professional goals!

If for some reason I go dark, it may be because of that; but please rest assured that it won't be because I am ghosting you all! Umi has my email address and should feel free to reach out to me anytime I drop off the face of the earth!

Also, get well soon!
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

I hope it will work out for you! Thank you for the notice in advance. I encourage you to use any executive position you may come across to bolster your civilization's progress in goodness and justice, especially if you happen to be touching infrastructure. Infrastructure is facing many increasing challenges in the future at numerous scales, as I am sure you are aware. Also, best wishes for a safe and speedy move for you and your family, if it goes through.

My own travel needs are getting delayed due to weather and scheduling concerns, but I am pretty sure they will still go through this month. On the plus side, I might be able to bring some game reference material along this time, for once.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    I hope it will work out for you! Thank you for the notice in advance. I encourage you to use any executive position you may come across to bolster your civilization's progress in goodness and justice, especially if you happen to be touching infrastructure. Infrastructure is facing many increasing challenges in the future at numerous scales, as I am sure you are aware. Also, best wishes for a safe and speedy move for you and your family, if it goes through.

My own travel needs are getting delayed due to weather and scheduling concerns, but I am pretty sure they will still go through this month. On the plus side, I might be able to bring some game reference material along this time, for once.
    I think my civilization would be the same as your civilization; and I intend to support and vote for individuals who will have a much greater impact on improving infrastructure than I myself will! Also, I intend to support individuals who have the most aggressive plans to combat climate change. I would like my four kids to have a planet to live on when they are my age.

However, now that I have given it a second thought; a civilization of Morlock people might make for an interesting way of being.

I hope so!

As for my travel plans, it looks like I will be leaving this weekend or early next week. I will have more information at the end of the week.

On a trivial note, I was watching some old Doctor Who clips with Equinoche a couple days ago, and came to the realization that the setup with the dragon statue in the encounter may have been inspired by my dim recollection of the laser dragon in the mid-seventies serial The Talons of Weng-Chiang, a story I remember as having a fascinating, convoluted plot, but also a lot of casual racism.

5. Default

Sending nothing but well-wishes and positive energy out into the world for everyone in this adventure. It's been a real pleasure playing with all of you and I hope if or when things settle out we get to continue.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

Thank you for your thoughts, Atlastrembles. While I can't predict bolts from the blue, barring further unpredictable incidents of that sort, I would like to say that when things settle out, we will definitely continue.

As for just when that "when" is, as of today, the physical and health issues are under control. There are two major impacts I have to resolve before getting back to the game. One is that I'm on the critical path of a project that was supposed to be complete mid-last month, and I'm on the hook for both that and the shoring-up project Equinoche is involved with to make up for the delay of the primary project. The second is my upcoming trip. The ideal order would be: resolve the shoring-up project; get back to the game a bit; go on the trip; return to the game and finish the main project. This is the ideal scenario where we can get back into things slowly over the next few days.

The more realistic scenario is that complications will probably mean that actual game-play will be minimal until later in the month, say around March 20. This is assuming that work and travel while I am still unwell is going to require most of my time and attention. While I will be aiming for the first scenario, this is probably more like what you can set your calendars by.

Next week, while I am traveling, if I am able to post, that will be a sign that we can get things going sooner rather than later. If I go silent, that's a strong indication that I won't be good for anything until I get back, around the 20th.

If I try for any more granularity, I will probably be horribly wrong in my predictions. I hope this will be sufficient to provide some expectations for the days ahead. I am grateful for your ongoing, positive support.

7. Default

So I did get that job!

It looks I will be traveling but I promise to keep checking in!

Blog Entries

Wow, there's a lot to catch up on! Everyone's busy, but at least it sounds like good stuff, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by malk0lm View Post
    So I did get that job!

It looks I will be traveling but I promise to keep checking in!
    Congratulations, Malk0lm! Here's hoping you have a smooth transition. Thanks for looking out for future generations, and also, congrats on putting your MBA to use. I was going to go for an MBA, myself, right up until I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Sending nothing but well-wishes and positive energy out into the world for everyone in this adventure. It's been a real pleasure playing with all of you and I hope if or when things settle out we get to continue.
    For real. Even just catching up a couple times a month is nice, at least, nostalgia-be-damned.

Umi, I hope your wrist is doing better. And if you ever need suggestions for podcasts or books during your travels, I've got you covered.

Congratulations on gaining the position, Malk0lm!

Flooding is delaying my own trip. I was scheduled to leave tomorrow, but now it's going to be Friday. As expected, work has expanded to fill the available space, but at least Equinoche's projects are much cooler than what I used to work on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    ...Equinoche's projects are much cooler than what I used to work on.
    There has never been an enigma more enticing than this sentence.