Page 1 of 214 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic Station

Default Panic Station

OOC Post #1 for Panic in Lonely Places
    This post complements the first main post in the Panic in Lonely Places thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm Tuesday, October 25th. The next main post will appear by 11 pm Thursday, October 27th.

This is the thread for out-of-character discussions as well as game-related talk relevant to the adventure of the Unquiet Lands play-by-post D&D campaign, Panic in Lonely Places.

It continues any ongoing discussions from the Worm Delve Discussion thread: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...lve-Discussion

Panic in Lonely Places is the fourth adventure in the Unquiet Lands campaign; and is the sequel to Intermission: Parable in Anthracite and the third adventure, Worm Delve.

Please note the extended posting period. This is partially intended to be an opportunity to wrap things up with the previous threads and settle into the new ones.

One immediate item to settle in the upcoming player posting period: I would like confirmation that the party consensus is "option 1," heading up the Yu to look for Roinon and to search for signs of a Fey Crossing near the river's source. If it turns out I'm incorrect, I would like the party to try and reach a new consensus.

For my next post, I will be asking about various traveling arrangements and camping arrangements the party settles on. You may wish to begin discussing things like marching order and setting watch.

As always, questions are welcome, even if I have to put some of them off from time to time; and if I've inadvertently ignored a question from you, please call my attention to it.

Lastly, I'd like to note that nerves or "stage fright" at the beginning of an adventure seems to be fairly common, even for a play-by-post game, maybe especially because it's a play-by-post game. If this isn't an issue for you then I'm happy to hear that. If it is an issue, I know it can be daunting and I'm not particularly equipped to help you get through it, but I would like to offer my encouragement as well as acknowledge that the posts I've seen up to now have all been ones I've been very happy with and I'm looking forward to more of the same from all of you!
    Last edited by Umiushi; 12-10-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Ooo, there are some exciting posts to catch up on! I do have a few questions. The first us partially due to me skimming things, but what exactly are Bone Lancers and what have they done recently? They sound like jerks, from what I've read.

Also, should I copy-paste Rampart's record sheet to the "Character Information and Sheets" thread here? : http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...ion-and-Sheets

Lastly, a tricky question about this website. Are the post times/dates accurate? For example, it says Umiushi posted "Panic In Lonely Places" at 1:07pm today. I don't know if that's my time zone, or Pacific, or completely wrong. Not a big deal, of course, because I know when my own posts are due... but if it's easy enough to answer, it might be good to know!

3. Default

Your settings may be changing your time, look in your profile to change it.

The Bone Lancers are like the law-bringers. Best to give them a bit of distance.

I'm voting for option 1, I think we are all agreed.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

4. Default

One thing I would like to mention regarding these "butterflies"...

It may appear from time to time that the narrative has moved forward or that the thing you wanted to post is no longer relevant. Or that perhaps my responses may cut off certain possible chains of events, I would say that you should not be afraid of making an in character post to shift the narrative back a bit.

I'm not sure about umi, but I think of the IC posts as a bit of a braid. Sometimes I'll try to weave my character or story points in between the paragraphs of your posts and hope that when read together they provide a greater picture of the whole. This may seem a little awkward at first because my initial tendency (when I first joined the game) was to only post things that were forward in time, but feel free to skip around in the time line a bit if it helps with the development of your character. If some things need to be retconned then lets work that out if it makes sense to do so.

5. Default

Umi,

When we "head up the Yu", do we walk? Or can Nox contract with a ferry or other transport?

6. Default

We have a bit of a conundrum. Nox is using his light for Rampart. Mar'ro is attempting to camouflage everyone, however if the light goes out Rampart will be able to see less.

Umi, what is the best configuration for the group to have high passive perception while still making sure that everyone can see, while still getting the maximum benefits of Mar'ro's spells?

Should Nox extinguish his light?

7. Default

Or will the light be camouflaged with everyone else? Is there enough light by the moon and stars for Rampart to move with us?

Phone haiku again
    Treatment for medical complaint this weekend
    No physical rulebook access until Monday or Tuesday
    Desktop access uncertain

Posting schedule unchanged
    Probably need to make multiple posts
    Answers to questions will try to be brief
    More detailed answers after the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by OtterKnow View Post
    Ooo, there are some exciting posts to catch up on! I do have a few questions. The first us partially due to me skimming things, but what exactly are Bone Lancers and what have they done recently? They sound like jerks, from what I've read.

Also, should I copy-paste Rampart's record sheet to the "Character Information and Sheets" thread here? : http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...ion-and-Sheets

Lastly, a tricky question about this website. Are the post times/dates accurate? For example, it says Umiushi posted "Panic In Lonely Places" at 1:07pm today. I don't know if that's my time zone, or Pacific, or completely wrong. Not a big deal, of course, because I know when my own posts are due... but if it's easy enough to answer, it might be good to know!
    Bone Lancers:
    Unfamiliar with Lawbringers but Malk0lm's description sounds right
    Military arm of the Imperial Cult
    Only group under permanent contract with Star Council
    Elite cavalry like Companion Cavalry of the Macedonian Empire as far as reputation

Posting character sheet: optional but recommended

Posting times: Pacific Time
    Currently Pacific Daylight Time

Site posting times: I think as Malk0lm said

Page 1 of 214 1231151101 ... LastLast