Page 192 of 193 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193 LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1930

Thread: Panic Station

I always wanted to continue the campaign into the afterlife! So if we all die, maybe we can do that?
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

I'm unsure of what Khlarissa can do the rest of round 3, if i can attack ill attack, if i can spend an action point or whatever in order to take that healing potion ill do that,
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollClever Attack v UA - (1d20+15) [19] Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10+9) [10]

For round 4, if she cant take it in the previous round she will take it now. and ill spend a healing surge if i can and use healing lore on whoever has the lowest HP.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollClever Attack v UA - (1d20+15) [21] Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10+9) [10]

Spare Rolls

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpare - (1d20) [2]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpare - (1d20) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpare - (1d20) [11]

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    . . .
    Oh, I was also reflecting on your well wishing of Beltane/Samhain and I realized I forgot to mention that I just finished reading Mists of Avalon. I didn't know what to make of it when I started it, but ended up loving it. Druidism feels much more aligned to my own spiritual leanings than Christianity ever did. Do you consider yourself pagan/druid/Wiccan, Umi?

. . .
    I have not had the pleasure of reading The Mists of Avalon, though I do know about it. My personal relationship with spiritual matters follows Confucius's advice to keep them at arm's length, but I grew up in a neighborhood that regularly observed a diverse variety of events, both civic and traditional: Autumn Moon Viewing, Buy Nothing Day, Hanukkah, the Lunar New Year, Obon, and Samhain, to name a few. I have always been particularly fond of the holidays tied to the seasons, like Samhain, because their occurrence is marked by physical signs and their celebrations emphasize the current season. So I am supportive of aspects of those traditions, but I cannot make the claim that I belong to them.

Quote Originally Posted by OtterKnow View Post
    I have an idea for a new PC, so if you guys don't play your cards right, we're going to end up with 3 leaders in the party!

I've forgotten how close blasts work because I've never used one before(???)... can the origin square be 1xSW of Rampart, instead of the presumed 1xW? It would be nice to hit the corpse (Z for zombie?) and apparition, without catching Joizy in it. I'll probably also use grappling strike on the Assailant.

Speaking of the corpse, is it safe to assume this is the fellow whose grave was dug up, out back?
    We would be looking at a party with three Controllers and three Leaders, then. As a fan of unusual party make-ups, it's something I would look forward to, but right now I think the party would prefer to keep its sole Defender standing.

Is the Close Blast you're looking at Rampart's Dragon Breath? I'm not sure I understand the specifics of your question, but the rule for positioning a Close Blast is that a Blast X creates an area of effect X squares on a side that must be positioned adjacent to but not overlapping the square you occupy. Another way to put it is that the outside boundary of the blast must include one of the four sides of the square the Blast emanates from. I hope that is able to answer your question about positioning.

Regarding the provenance of the risen corpse, it would be reasonable to suppose that it did make that trail outside, given the fact that it does possess a burrowing speed. In-game confirmation can be accomplished with a minor insight or perception check, or a free history or religion check.

Quote Originally Posted by malk0lm View Post
    I always wanted to continue the campaign into the afterlife! So if we all die, maybe we can do that?
    This is a good point that I forgot to mention earlier. I refer to the event where the entire party perishes with the jargon 'Total Party Kill' or TPK for short. If the entire party dies, fighting your way out of the Underworld is a likely turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by cortesxxiv View Post
    I'm unsure of what Khlarissa can do the rest of round 3, if i can attack ill attack, if i can spend an action point or whatever in order to take that healing potion ill do that,
    [roll0] [roll1]

For round 4, if she cant take it in the previous round she will take it now. and ill spend a healing surge if i can and use healing lore on whoever has the lowest HP.
    [roll2] [roll3]

Spare Rolls

[roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]
    Khlarissa was able to crawl to safety during Round Three, but that took up her actions for the round. Right now, as we are considering Round Four, Khlarissa finds herself bloodied, prone, and behind a closed door. She and Rampart are the two bloodied characters at the moment. Out of several possible choices, I'll list three ways Khlarissa could take her turn and fulfill CortesXXIV's priorities for her.

One point to remember for healing is that Khlarissa can heal herself by dismissing the Spirit of the Healing Flood as a minor action to recover 2d10+10 hit points. This might be something to consider before using Healer's Lore or a healing potion.

Compromise Attack and Heal
    Minor Action: open the door (to get line of sight and line of effect to the great hall back)
    Optional Action Point: take a move action to stand up from prone
    Standard Action: shoot (possibly at a -2 penalty for attacking from a prone position)
    Minor Action: use Healer's Lore, probably on herself or Rampart

Focus on Attacking
    Move Action: stand up
    Minor Action: open the door
    Standard Action: attack

Focus on Healing and Defense
    Move Action: stand up.
    Standard Action: use Second Wind.
    Minor Action: retrieve a potion of healing from her pack. (I haven't checked, but I assume she's still got one, unless it was used up in the fight with Pravezet Liskaro.)

Focusing on healing and defense means that Khlarissa will leave the door closed this turn to minimize the chance of being targeted. Also, since she will have a potion in hand, she won't be able to properly wield her bow until she has two hands free again. The potion can be drunk by Khlarissa as a minor action, next turn; or she can administer it to an adjacent ally using a standard action. Administering the potion to someone else will probably take an entire round of actions: minor to open the door, move to get adjacent to a target, and standard to administer it.

Blog Entries

Oops! Yes, I meant dragon breath. Thank you for answering my question even without that information.

Also, just to check: when Rampart used Shield Edge Block, it made the Assailant's burst miss because that's an effect of Shield Edge Block... Rampart doesn't need to hit with it for the effect to work, is my understanding?

Atlastrembles, for what it's worth, Soulhiatus and I regularly attend a pagan celebration for Samhain (though that's about the extent of our participation). On one hand, the rituals are fascinating because they have theoretically been performed before Christianity was even a Thing. But on the other hand, the prayers are in English and they rhyme, so obviously it's not the saaaaaaaame thing that you're witnessing. But overall it's still a fun night out in costume.

Similarly: https://youtu.be/ZQK5AtScqgQ

Default OOC Post #154 for Panic in Lonely Places

This post complements the one hundred fifty-fourth main post in the Panic in Lonely Places thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, November 10th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, November 12th.

I'm not confident I can post to the narrative thread before this weekend, but I am eager to. Thank you for the narrative posts that have been put up in the meantime. I will be continuing to accept Round Three triggered actions and Round Four declared actions through this posting period.

Rampart's Shield Edge Block does cause the enemy's attack to miss, and you are correct about how Effects work regardless of hits or misses. This leads to Rampart not being bloodied by the gargoyle's attack.

Revisions to Round Three
    U - Unknown Assailant (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: 3 crossbow bolts, Airborne Form, Bloodbath, Killer's Ambush (encounter)
    Held: loaded hand crossbow
    Hands Free: one
    Elevation 4 (on balcony)
    Status: Airborne Form (increased speed, insubstantial while moving, able to move through occupied squares), bloodied, marked by Rampart
    89 points of damage

Standard Action: attack all her adjacent enemies. (Five Storms while dazed (-2) Close Burst targeting enemies; Infighting (-2) vs. Reflexes - misses Mar'ro (19) and the Fire Warrior (11))

Rampart's Immediate Action (interrupt trigger - hit or missed by a Close or Melee attack) deflect the blow with his shield. (Shield Edge Block. Melee Light Blade vs. Fortitude - automatic miss. Effect: the unknown assailant's attack against Rampart takes a -4 penalty and misses Rampart with a modified attack of 24.)

End of Turn: the unknown assailant rolls a 10 modified to 12 and successfully saves against being dazed and immobilized.

G - Gargoyle (Initiative Count 13)
    Elevation 4 (on balcony)
    5 temporary hit points

Start of Turn: the gargoyle gains 5 temporary hit points.

Minor Action: Reveal Form (The gargoyle gains a +20 bonus to damage on the next attack it hits with before the end of its next turn.)

Standard Action: slash at Rampart. (Melee Claw vs. AC - hits Rampart with an attack of 29 for 32 points of damage.)

Rampart's Status at the End of Round Three
    Rampart has an Action Point.
    Rampart left 50’ of rope.
    Rampart used Agonizing Assault (daily) and Shield Edge Block.
    Rampart has the blessing of the Healing Flood.
    Rampart is at full health. (10 healing surges)
    Rampart took 32 points of damage. (50 hit points remaining)

Map to the Beginning of Round Four (This is the same map as the one at the end of Round Three.)

• E - Elunnia
    • F - Noxias's summoned Fire Warrior (hovering at Elevation 5)
    • K - Khlarissa
    • M - Mar'ro
    • N - Noxias
    • R - Rampart
    • T - Threnody
    • Y - yShekka
    • J - Joizy Beddeye
    • A - Yuviy Beaklem Baror's ghost, formerly the ghostly apparition (hovering at Elevation 5)
    • G - gargoyle
    • U - unknown assailant, formerly the unseen enemy
    • Z - ghoulish corpse (spider climbing at Elevation 3)
    • Black squares - floor of the great hall (Elevation 0)
    • Dark violet squares - debris (difficult terrain)
    • Orange squares - balconies (Elevation 4; may walk underneath them; railings provide partial cover)
    • Pink squares - difficult terrain on a balcony (Elevation 4; may walk underneath them; railings provide partial cover)
    • Red squares - dragon statue (Huge size; blocking terrain; provides cover)
    • Light green squares - difficult terrain on the platform (Elevation 2)
    • Light pink squares - very difficult terrain (costs +2 squares to enter)
    • Light violet squares - stairs; the staircase leading up to the eastern balcony (difficult terrain; each row increases the Elevation going northwards from 0 to 3; only the elevation 0 row may be entered normally from the ground) and the staircase leading down in the north corridor (Elevation decreases from 3 to 2; difficult terrain)
    • Yellow squares - raised platform (Elevation 2; hard corners); also the lower part of the northern corridor (Elevation 2)
    • Thick dark blue outline - zone of toxic vapors (hazardous terrain - the zone attacks all creatures within it on Initiative Count 9)
    • Yellow embedded lines - doorways; those on the northern end of the balconies are open; the rest are shut (minor action to open or close, if not stuck)

Round Four Outline

F - Fire Warrior (Initiative Count 27 on Noxias's turn)
    AC 23 Fortitude 20 Reflexes 19 Willpower 20
    HP: 31
    Hover 6
    Elevation 4 (on balcony)

N - Noxias (Initiative Count 27)
    Expended: 1 measure of Clay of Creation, Action Point (none remaining), 1 Healing Surge, Dispel Magic (encounter), Fey Step (encounter), Fire Burst (encounter), Inspiring Word, Sleep, Spatial Trip, Summon Fire Warrior, Undeniable Fire, Web
    Held: Book of Undeniable Fire
    Elevation 2 (on stairs)
    Status: resist 5 fire, Blessing of the Healing Flood (regenerate 2 while bloodied; end effect with a minor action to heal 10 points of damage), regenerating damage, ongoing damage, bloodied
    32 points of damage

Start of Turn: Noxias takes 8 points of ongoing damage and is bloodied.
    Spirit of the Healing Flood - Noxias regenerates 2 hit points.

Standard Action: cast Web.

End of Turn: Noxias attempts to save against ongoing damage.
    Noxias is no longer dazed.

R - Rampart (Initiative Count 18)
    Expended: 50’ of rope (left behind), Agonizing Assault, Shield Edge Block (encounter)
    Held: Cunning Spiked Shield
    Elevation 4 (on balcony)
    Status: Blessing of the Healing Flood (regenerate 2 while bloodied; end effect with a minor action to heal 10 points of damage)
    32 points of damage

End of Turn: the unseen assailant is no longer marked by Rampart.

K - Khlarissa (Initiative Count 16)
    Expended: 2 arrows, Knack for Success (encounter), Reactive Shift (encounter)
    Held: Feyslaughter Longbow
    Hands Free: none
    Elevation 4 (on balcony)
    Status: Blessing of the Healing Flood (regenerate 2 while bloodied; end effect with a minor action to heal 10 points of damage), Aspect of the Pack Wolf prone, bloodied
    44 points of damage

Start of Turn: Khlarissa's defense bonus ends.
    Spirit of the Healing Flood - Khlarissa regenerates 2 hit points.

T - Threnody (Initiative Count 14)
    Expended: Amulet of Elegy, Dismissal, Healing Strike (encounter), Healing Word (encounter - twice), Recall Ally (encounter)
    Held: Symbol of Shared Healing (worn), Challenge-seeking Glaive
    Elevation 3 (on stairs)
    Status: Blessing of the Healing Flood (regenerate 2 while bloodied; end effect with a minor action to heal 10 points of damage)

5 points of damage.

Y - yShekka (new Initiative Count 14 on Elunnia's turn)
    Elevation 4 (on balcony)

E - Elunnia (Initiative Count 14)
    Expended: 3 healing surges, Resilience Amulet, Speak with Spirits (encounter), Second Wind (encounter), Spirit of the Healing Flood
    Held: Great Talisman (worn), Talisman of the Ravenous Beast
    Elevation 2 (on stairs)
    22 points of damage

Start of Turn: Elunnia's defense bonus ends.
    Spirit of the Healing Flood - Elunnia regenerates 2 hit points.

M - Mar’ro (Initiative Count 14)
    Expended: 1 healing surge, Armor of the Wild, Brooch of Shielding, Latch On (encounter), Obscuring Mist, Savage Frenzy
    Held: Death Fang Talisman
    Elevation 3 (on stairs)
    14 points of damage

Minor Action: make an insight check on the ghoulish corpse's hit points.

Minor Action: dismiss Spirit of the Healing Flood and heal 21 hit points.

Standard Action: attack with Savage Frenzy.

J - Joizy (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: Power Attack (once)
    Held: wingspear
    Elevation 0 (on floor)
    Status: Defender's Aura (dangerous to opponents who disregard her), 5 points of vulnerability to fire
    20 points of damage

End of Turn: Joizy is no longer dazed.

A - Yuviy Beaklem Baror’s Ghost (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: Kinetic Claw (recharging)
    Elevation 5 (hovering above floor)
    Status: Hovering (doesn't fall when stunned), Insubstantial (damage is halved)

Start of Turn: Kinetic Claw does not recharge.

U - Unknown Assailant (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: 3 crossbow bolts, Airborne Form, Bloodbath, Killer's Ambush (encounter)
    Held: loaded hand crossbow
    Elevation 4 (on balcony)
    Status: Airborne Form (increased speed, insubstantial while moving, able to move through occupied squares), bloodied
    89 points of damage

G - Gargoyle (Initiative Count 13)
    Elevation 4 (on balcony)

End of Turn: the gargoyle is no longer dazed.

Z - Ghoulish Corpse (Initiative Count 13)
    Elevation 3 (climbing up the side of the balcony)
    5 points of damage

Start of Turn: the ghoulish corpse takes 5 points of fire damage
    The ghoulish corpse regenerates 5 hit points.

End of Turn: the ghoulish corpse attempts to save vs. ongoing fire damage.

Dragon Statue (Initiative Count 12)
    Elevation 2 (on platform)
    Elevation 5 as terrain

Ceiling (Initiative Count 10)
    Elevation 6 (overhead)

The ceiling is no longer collapsing and will be removed from the initiative list after this round.

Frostfell Haze (Initiative Count 9)
    Elevation 0 (on floor)

Standard Action: emit toxic vapors.

End of Turn: Joizy is no longer vulnerable to fire.

As far as my involvement with secret societies go, I must refrain from further comment:6d4.png
    Last edited by Umiushi; 11-10-2018 at 01:17 AM.

I would prefer to attack rather than Web

N - Noxias (Initiative Count 27)
    Expended: 1 measure of Clay of Creation, Action Point (none remaining), 1 Healing Surge, Dispel Magic (encounter), Fey Step (encounter), Fire Burst (encounter), Inspiring Word, Sleep, Spatial Trip, Summon Fire Warrior, Undeniable Fire, Web
    Held: Book of Undeniable Fire
    Elevation 2 (on stairs)
    Status: resist 5 fire, Blessing of the Healing Flood (regenerate 2 while bloodied; end effect with a minor action to heal 10 points of damage), regenerating damage, ongoing damage, bloodied
    32 points of damage

Start of Turn: Noxias takes 8 points of ongoing damage and is bloodied.
    Spirit of the Healing Flood - Noxias regenerates 2 hit points.

Standard Action: Direct Fire Warrior to Melee attack UA. Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack intel vs reflex - (1d20+9) [13] Authentic Forum Dice-rollFire damage - (1d8+4) [8]

End of Turn: Noxias attempts to save against ongoing damage.
    Noxias is no longer dazed.

Note: Nox should have used his demonskin power last round I think it was Fire to counter the Gargoyle?
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

Quote Originally Posted by malk0lm View Post
    . . .
    Standard Action: Direct Fire Warrior to Melee attack UA.

. . .

Note: Nox should have used his demonskin power last round I think it was Fire to counter the Gargoyle?[/B]
    The summoned Fire Warrior makes use of the enhancement and feat bonuses used to summon it, but doesn't take into account the summoner's current conditions. Because of the Book of Undeniable Fire (+2 to attacks and damage), Noxias's attack bonus feat (+1 to attacks), and Noxias's Astral Fire feat (+1 to fire or radiant damage), the Fire Warrior attacks at +12 instead of +9 and has a +7 damage bonus instead of a +4. The Fire Warrior doesn't suffer the -2 penalty Noxias would take from personally attacking this round from his being dazed. I will increase the Fire Warrior's attack result accordingly.

Noxias used the power of his Demonskin Tattoo when he spent his Action Point to gain the fire resistance that is shown in his status field first, just before the Blessing of the Healing Flood. The fire resistance will persist until the end of the encounter.

Umi, not sure if you missed it but khlarissa was behind the door at the end of round 3, the new map has her next to the gargoyle as till. Unless I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by cortesxxiv View Post
    Umi, not sure if you missed it but khlarissa was behind the door at the end of round 3, the new map has her next to the gargoyle as till. Unless I missed something.
    Thank you for the catch! You didn't miss anything; that was my mistake. The correct map should be there, now, and I am including it below:

Blog Entries

Minor: use Dragon Breath... 1xW to 3xW of Rampart, so it will hit Z and A.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollDragon Breath vs Z - (1d20+13) [27] vs. Reflex.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDragon Breath vs A - (1d20+13) [25] vs. Reflex.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHit - (1d6+1) [6] radiant damage.

Standard: use Grappling Strike on the Unknown Assailant.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGrappling Strike - (1d20+15) [31] vs. AC.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+5+2+2) [15] , and you grab the target. The grab ends automatically at the end of your next turn.
    Brawler Style: When making an opportunity attack, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack. (MP2, pg 7)