Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
Results 921 to 928 of 928

Thread: Chapter 3: The Mimsy Borogoves

  1. #921
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theskyvalker View Post
    Topsy and Turvy can make their own decision, but Mal would definitely want Stool to return to his home. He will help Nyx in securing a mount in any way he can.
    Nyx has a mount. She's left it at the stables while you traipsed around the city, but she befriended a trained carrion crawler who had lost its rider/trainer out in the wilds of the Underdark. It came with a saddle and everything. I was suggesting she might try a little modified training to have it pull the cart.
    Last edited by Rellott; 07-30-2017 at 02:02 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #922

    Default

    Nyx attempt to try and coax her mount into carrying the load for the team... possibly with promises of a snack later on.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAnimal Handling - (1d20+4) (1) [5]

    Sticky Feet is having none of this right now.
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 07-31-2017 at 02:07 AM.

  3. Default

    Can Mal help with this and grant Nyx advantage? If yes:

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAnimal Handling - (1d20+4) (1) [5] (advantage roll)

    Edit: Wow. Enough said.
    Last edited by theskyvalker; 07-31-2017 at 08:01 AM.

  4. #924
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,031

    Default

    Sticky Feet is strongly resistant to being used as a pack animal. He longs to feel the wind in his antennae as he rushes headlong and burden-free through the tunnels, just him and his rider.



    Come join us on Discord!

  5. #925

    Default

    "Alright, that's a no-go," Nyx says with a frustrated sigh. "Maybe we can get Derendil to pull the cart for us?"

  6. #926

    Default

    "I don't know if he'd like that... Perhaps if we can somehow talk it up as being a noble work? ... Or perhaps a trick... or suggestion... on him or Dargyr?"

  7. Default

    "I can also help pull the cart, we should share the load", Mal says, flexing his muscles. "I don't shy away from some good exercise."

    He then says, "We should get going to grab the ingredients. I am itching to get something done. It feels like we have been discussing and talking for weeks."

  8. #928
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,031

    Default

    If Malbocco agrees to help, Derendil agrees as well. He at first seems reluctant to blister his fair elven hands, but then he looks down at them and is reminded of his current condition, then begrudgingly accepts.
    The two of you working together should have no problems hauling it unless it's very full and something crazy happens - gods/DM forbid such would EVER happen.

    Topsy and Turvy would prefer to remain with their new wererat friends, but hope to see you again when you return.

    Shuushar will amble along after you unless you ask him to stay, mumbling his typical water-based and gargling deterministic philosophy, such as "If it will blb-blb-be, it will blb-blb-be. The oshhhhhhhhhean duh-duh-does not choose-ubble its p-p-ath."

    And so, you set off. Your directions tell you it will probably take about 16 days, depending on your pace.

    You make it out of the city, and beyond the various mines and quarries of the outskirts, when you enter a fairly large cavern with three other paths leading out of it, aside from the one you enter through.

    There, on the opposite side of the cavern, you see three drow. They're a bit surprised to see you, but quickly overcome their shock and raise their crossbows at you, and one calls out, "Mistress, the prisoners have come, as you said!" A cackle of laughter emanates from further down that passage, but before anyone has a chance to begin the fight, a rapid thud, thud, thud, thud comes from the darkness of a different tunnel. Seconds later a huge biped emerges from the shadows. He's tall, he's gray, he's bald, he carries a massive club, and he has a crazed look in his eyes. “They're coming! They're coming! Run! Run!” he shouts in Common as he approaches. Then he pulls up to a halt, twenty feet from you… “Wait – You're WITH them, aren't you?”

    Guess you'll have to find out if you're with them or not in Chapter 4: "Rest beneath the Tumtum Tree"! Oh, and LEVEL UP!



    Come join us on Discord!

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •