Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 334

Thread: Hope of the Empire Chapter 2: The Hidden Blade

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    304

    Default

    On his way out, Mara asks Avery "If you go and bring our belongings, would you mind terribly leading Light back here as well, dear?" Mara nods gratefully to Hild "Thank you. And it is good to hear that you do not suffer that much from spoilage." She get to her feet. "I will go out and see if anyone might want any help with something." She start for the front door, and if no one says any more, she will walk around the settlement and watch everyone, their appearance, and if they seem in need of any help.

  2. Default

    Mara notices that there are plenty of people that need help packing up their belongings--but she also notices that there are a number of more personal problems playing out--for instance, the woman, Mreena, arguing with Clary, or the sorrowful wake taking place near the well.

    Also, the child Frantz is crying and flailing intensely, despite his sister Gertrude's attempts to calm him.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Starting toward the two arguing women, Mara notice the crying boy. Having always had an extra tender weak spot for children, she instantly change direction and head toward the two siblings. "Hello Frantz. Hello Gertrude." She says as she squats down beside them, she smiles reassuringly at both of them. "Whatever is the matter?" She direct the question at Frantz.
    Last edited by Tistla; 10-12-2016 at 03:32 PM.

  4. Default

    Frantz wipes his nose and looks up at Mara, gaining enough composure to speak, though in the broken language characteristic of toddlers.

    "Mama says we hafta leave, and never come back. And walk a long way in the cold." He starts crying loudly again.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    304

    Default

    "Do you know what, we are actually going on an adventure, just as in the stories.-" She winks mischievously at him. "-and do you know why you have to come?"

  6. Default

    Frantz shakes his head, uncertain. "Why?"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    304

    Default

    "To protect your mother and sister, of course. It will be very hard on them, so they will need someone as big and as brave as you.-- What do you say, will you come along to make sure that they will be safe?"

  8. Default

    The small boy's lip quivers, but he nods. "Will you be there to help me?"

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    304

    Default

    "Good." She smiles brightly at him. "Yes, I will, of course I will, all the way to the fort." Looking to his sister, she ask her "Don't you feel safer already, Gertrude?"
    Last edited by Tistla; 10-12-2016 at 06:15 PM.

  10. Default

    Gertrude manages a smile. "Yes, ma'am, I feel fine, thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing the fort."

    She turns to her little brother. "Come one Frantz, wanna go play with Noemi and Fidencia?"

    Frantz nods, and the two of them head off toward the southeast end of town, where the other two very young children are playing.

    Work continues at an increasingly frenetic pace throughout the village, as the deadline grows closer and closer.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •