Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superhero RPGs

I've never played Dresden Files, but FATE in general is super cool. I'm running a game with it right now and it's really fun so far.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-21-2016 at 10:36 PM.

In terms of complexity I can completely agree that too often they are over done. I have offered to run Mutants and Masterminds several times with mixed levels of interest. The biggest problem with that particular game in the beginning learning curve which is really quite crunchy and intimidating to new people. I think the next time I try to run a Supers game I'm going to go old skool with the Classic Marvel system with maybe a few parts from the clone systems to bolster certain parts of it like character creation.
    Campaigns GM'd to Completion:
    Shattered Star
    Jade Regent
    Serpent Skull
    Kingmaker
    Wrath of the Righteous - TPK
    Second Darkness

3. Default

I believe the last time I showed interest in a heroes game, it was using some sort of Marvel system. It's been so long I forget what the actual system was, but I do know it took me ages to even find the correct pdf to acquire, and that was the system I was referring to when I mentioned "going overboard with the fluff".
    Active Character(s):
    D&DAleisandra - level 5 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros
    Mei Anskuld - level 15/5 Human Storm Sorcerer/Tempest Cleric -Descent to Ascension - GM - theskyvalker

Other
    Lorelei Chaeran - level 4 High Elf Master Summoner - "Rookie Card" - GM - LakethePondling
    Caitria Drelwalsil - level 1 Kitsune Magus -The Fall of Melior - GM - Boethius

Blog Entries

I feel obligated to post a link to my recruitment thread: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...ebrew-campaign
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Rise of the Marked
    - Lo Nua - Bellamy Sisters' Circus

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

As soon as I finish up some of the PF games I'm in/run I need to run some more Mutants and Masterminds or Classic Marvel.
    Shattered Star
    Jade Regent
    Serpent Skull
    Kingmaker
    Second Darkness

So, I'm playing in a Big Eyes Small Mouth superhero game right now (the campaign is called Psionix, and it's being run by Drew) and it's super fun! The game system is meant to emulate anime shows, but it seems like you can really use it for just about anything. And the rules are pretty easy to figure out.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 04-13-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Looked at the BESM and it seem awesome! .. And who dosnt love anime! .. Anime is like the ultimate cartoon with everything you need.

I've been considering digging back into the old skool Marvel Superheroes RPG. I remember this system as super simple and loaded with a bunch of modules.
    Shattered Star
    Jade Regent
    Serpent Skull
    Kingmaker
    Second Darkness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12