Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1508

Thread: Episode 4: The Mystery of the Missing Barkeep

"Oh, so you've done some B&E and assassination work? Did you ever contract with the Theive's Guild in town? If you have contacts or information about them it would make our next job much easier."
    --------------------------------------------------------

Riglin just listens in quietly, letting the newcomer do all of the talking. This is way out of Riglin's expertise, and even if Mal is new, its clear that he has a few extra tools at his disposal to make this go more smoothly. "We do have more things to be worried about than just thieves," Riglin will at least note.

"Nah," Patrick says. "They didn't ever contract us. Not for lack of us putting out the word we'd take them up if they did." The wizard who is also bound and working with the group tells Patrick to shut up. "Ah, come on, boss. Mal's cool. Just let me tell him about one of our specific contracts." He turns back to Mal and says "Not supposed to talk about contracts. Privacy and such. Loose lips sink ships and all. If boss would let me, I totally would."

Come join us on Discord!

"I'm sure you could tell us just one," Mal says. "Consider it part of your job interview. Plus, once we finish our work here, we'll be out of the area for good, so its not like we could ruin your reputation." He looks over at Illimistra, then back at the group, and adds, "Considering the awful things I'm sure my friend here wants to do to you, maybe your story might impress her enough to give you a second chance."

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPursuasion - (2d20b1+6) (17, 9) [23]

"Oh, I'm sure 'boss' won't mind...will he?" the drow woman says, causally drawing out her wicked-looking and often-bleeding knife, as she looks the wizard's way.

Default Episode 4: The Mystery of the Missing Barkeep

"One job," the wizard says. "What sort of job do you want him to tell you about?" The wizard also looks pissed. He seems to know what you're doing to his men but there's nothing he can do about it.

Come join us on Discord!

Default Episode 4: The Mystery of the Missing Barkeep

The constable looks sourly at Vala as he waits for her to explain.

The wizard looks sourly at Mal as he waits to hear what kind of job he wants to hear about.

Come join us on Discord!

8. Default

Grim looks at Vala and then at Constable and then at Vala again. His gaze sour, bitter, and salty sometimes. At one point he considers a nudge but then thinks better of it. The tension in the air grows so solid during these few moments of silence that one could almost cut pieces of it.
    Last edited by theskyvalker; 06-15-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Mal thinks for a moment, "hmmmmm, you know what? Why don't you pick the story that is most personally exciting for you, Patrick? Id love to hear all about how cleverly you planned and how bravely you fought to ensure your mission was successful. And after that, i promise I'll stop bugging you with questions and we can all relax."

Vala breaks the tension with a smile.
    She appraoches one of the guards in the Constable's office and hands him her weapons.
    "As you can see Constable i'm here for just talking. Ask your guards to leave.. we need to talk."
    She proceeds forward and sits comfortably on the chair infront of the Constable's desk and waits for the guards to leave.
    When they are the 3 of them alone.. "Well.. our little trick payed off Constable. With your fast reaction of putting me in jail,
    i got the.. "street credibility" i needed and now i'm with one foot in the Thieves Guild."

Vala says, letting it seems that the Constable actions were what made this happen, trying to boost his ego.
    "The story goes like this.. the Thieve's Guild, learned about two girls spending the night in jail because they had
    the nerve to attack the Head of the Guard. That got those girls an audience with some of the T.Guild's men,
    who in order to let them into their folds, asked to prove themselves."
    Vala says, and pause to see the Constable's reaction.
    "What they asked of us is simple.. get in your office and get hold on some information they need.
    As my teammate said just a few moments ago, we are here to help you stop the Guild.
    So what i propose is.. You feed us the information the Guild wants. All the minor details, those that can be verified easily should be
    the truth. You will just slightly change some details on the more "sensitive" pieces of information, so that you create openings,
    in order for the Guard to intervene when it is necessary to thwart the big losses."
    Vala says and adds
    "This way, you get someone in the T.Guild, that can find out their HQ location and perhaps the leadership,
    while in the process halt their advance by feeding them slightly useless information.. What do you say?"