Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151
Results 1,501 to 1,508 of 1508

Thread: Episode 4: The Mystery of the Missing Barkeep

1. Default

Grim asks Illimistra if she can arrange a meeting with her guild contact and relay this information to them. See if they can connect the dots on the name.

"I can speak to the goliath, yes," the drow woman says with some hesitation. "I do not relish it, but I will do it, if you all wish it."

If indeed that is the group's plan, Illimistra - and Vala, I would imagine - will return once more to the goliath and his associates, share the scraps they've learned from the scraps they've found, and see if the Guild offers anything helpful based on that meager information.

"That ain't Makktila's place, for one. She must've been using it as a flop house or something with her boy... Looks like her boy was Hargnoss. He's another one of our associates. Didn't know they were together, though. We don't have any plans dealing with Waterdeep or the Yawning Portal, so my guess is that "found" and "over" are something like they've been found out and it's over. Haven't seen either of them for the last day or two, so they're probably running. Guess you little ladies are off the hook. And you can tell Jaressa she's got nothing to worry about unless she gives us something to worry about. Now get out of our city before you find more places to stick your damn noses where they don't belong."

Come join us on Discord!

The drow nods, and is off to tell the others what she was told.

"It seems that we couldn't have hoped for a simpler solution." Mal says, upon hearing the news. "I guess now our only task is to prepare for and stop the dragon cult. Do you have any idea where to start?"
    --------------------------------------------------------

The drow raises an eyebrow.

"You are asking me?"

She shakes her head.

"No. I do not know where to start. That may well be the most frustrating part of trying to live up here with you toplanders and learning your ways: never knowing where to start. In the Underdark, such existential thoughts have no place. You are slave or you are master; you are strong or you are weak; you are alive or you are dead. Day by day, life by life, so it goes. But up here? With so much coming and going, alternate alliances and shifting sides? How is one ever to know where to start, I wonder?"

7. Default

Grim is glad to hear that the situation is resolved and he is sure that Jaressa would be too once they go to see her and relay this information.

He says to Mal, "There is a member of our group that you haven't met yet. They are a paladin of Corellon and they have been keeping an eye out for the cult. We merely need to be ready and wait."

As you begin to walk back toward the city walls from the outer city, you notice a group of people carrying a litter. This is nothing particularly out of the ordinary - you've seen this several times while traipsing around. Even the fact that its occupant is obscured by curtains isn't particularly strange. What makes it stand out to you is that when the wind blows just right, the curtains ripple to reveal the occupant... a black half-dragon, and she looks very familiar. You saw her back in the cultist's camp in the Greenfields. She was with Langdedrosa Cyanwrath, Frulam Mondath, and that red wizard Azbara Jos.

And just like that, the palanquin moves on past. Men out in front of it rudely shove aside anyone in the way, so it makes rapid progress.

Guess you'll have to figure out where it's going, and where the rest of the cult is with the treasure! See ya next episode!

Oh, and... LEVEL UP!
    Last edited by Rellott; 07-12-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Come join us on Discord!