Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facing Lord Rusk'rin

Hybrid View

Default Facing Lord Rusk'rin

The party arises early the next day and are greeted by one of the guards explaining that the captain would be there shortly. Another guard relieved An'drye of her post, giving her directions to meet up with the group. As she travels through town she notices an influx of people coming from the docks, she had of course seen the ships dock without difficulty earlier that day.

Shortly after An'drye arrived the captain of the guard showed himself. He was a half-elf, at his belt was a rune-etched scimitar. He smiled as he met the group, "My apologies for my late arrival, apparently the attack has already occurred... I was busy organizing relief for those lucky few that managed to escape onboard merchant ships," he sighed, "Marletown has been overrun by the Hobgoblin army."

Boyle was pale as a ghost, "Ye d'na mean... How many ships got out?"

"Four set sail, three came here," the half-elf closed his eyes, apparently he was wishing for some of his elven bloodline to help alleviate the necessity of sleep. He started and looked up at the group, "I apologize again, where are my manners. Captain Frostree. Now, I need your explanation of what happened. Any indication of their numbers, who their leader may be, and whatever allies they may have among the monstrous humanoids of the north."

Between the few of them they explain about what they had seen, the hobgoblin attackers, the fleeing goblins, the enemy goliath, and about Lord Rusk'rin and the offer from the Hobgoblins to come meet them to the North if they feel like working with them.

The captain mulled over the information and was about to speak up when the innkeeper interrupted them, "Well, The lot o' you are late. Had a band of adventurers that left here last night, sort of different folks. A one-armed gentleman, a short little fella who was off his rocker, and a few others. They seemed to know somethin' about the attack before it happened. Put it off as a poor joke at the time. The six of them said they were goin' to give some high-rankin' goblin a working over up in the mountains north of Marle..."

At the mention of a one-armed man a large cowled figure's head shot up, although not human... beneath its cowl you could not be certain of what it is, only that the other patrons seemed to give it a wide berth.

"Well, that is interesting... Regardless, my officers are currently marshaling the guard and rallying the militia so we can prepare to both clear out Marletown and protect the walls of Alya. From what I hear it sounds as if you've had a rough few days, but in the past the most effective move to stopping any horde or clan activity among the monstrous races up here has been to cut off the head. It takes a particularly strong leader to keep such a large group of them together and it makes our job much easier if said leader is no longer among the living. As Captain of the Guard of Alyatown I offer you a bounty of 10,000 gold pieces if you can find and slay this 'Lord Rusk'rin.' I can supply you and send a few of my officers with you as well if you agree."

The cowled figure aproaches with a long loping stride, as he nears, you can see the scarred muzzle peaking out from the hood, dangerous amber eyes intent on the captain.

"you said something of a one armed man" Giarrock asks the captain "Tell me where to find him" Giarrock gives his best effort at being courteous

4. Default

An'Drye helped explain as best as she could while she considered the advantages of her new abilities, as she saw the new man arrive she greeted with a gentle smile and added "It seems we will be going in the same direction, perhaps it would be best if you came along with us mister... ah i believe we havent met before, do allow me to introduce myself, my name is An'Drye Bladewing, may i ask yours?" her soft, almost transparent skin and hair shone with the light of the morning and her wings seemed to be made of many many very detailed crystaline feathers.

Last edited by DrakDarkstar; 05-24-2016 at 05:28 AM.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

The captain gave Giarrok a suspicious eye and slowly looked to the inn-keeper who shrugged and said, "Well, they were talkin' about headin' after some goblin leader's by the sound of it... Likely either headed to Marletown, which'd be suicide, or they be headin' after the same target the good captain's sending these fellows after."

the Captain looked back to Giarrok when the inn-keeper had finished, "Well, if you were interested in catching up with them you could always join these ones here. I'd even cut you a share of the bounty should you help them bring down the goblin."

(Edit: also, Giarrok is not a man, he be a gnoll )
    Last edited by Zeros; 05-25-2016 at 01:34 AM.

"It seems we will be going in the same direction, perhaps it would be best if you came along with us mister... ah i believe we havent met before, do allow me to introduce myself, my name is An'Drye Bladewing, may i ask yours?"
    Giarrok seems a little surprised by the lack of suspicion, he pulls back his hood, revealing him to be a gnoll "I am Giarrok War-Dance, of the tribe-pack formerly known as blood-paw" he bows his head in acknowledgement ​"I would be honored to have you accompaning me"

The captain gave Giarrok a suspicious eye and slowly looked to the inn-keeper who shrugged and said, "Well, they were talkin' about headin' after some goblin leader's by the sound of it... Likely either headed to Marletown, which'd be suicide, or they be headin' after the same target the good captain's sending these fellows after."

the Captain looked back to Giarrok when the inn-keeper had finished, "Well, if you were interested in catching up with them you could always join these ones here. I'd even cut you a share of the bounty should you help them bring down the goblin."

"and what has this goblin done to deserve death? I ask only because I find no reason in slaying one simply for his race"
    Giarrok asks "If he is truly worthy of death, then it would be an honor to bring peace to your lands"

Default Facing Lord Rusk'rin

"I say we head to Marletown and try to save any survivors in the area. We also may even find out more about what is going on."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Default

(net is baaaaaack!! also i would like to sell my masterwork chainshirt unless someone has use for it)

"Yes, that seems like the to priority right now, we can try finding the group of adventurers and their target after Marletown is safe." An'Drye wore her new armor with care, making sure her wings were still free enough to fly.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

"I agree; finding and trying to assist any survivors of the attack should be one of our main priorities," Owen says.

"lets us bring these humans to safety" thurak responds "we should be swift"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast