Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: At the tavern

Joyya huffs in reply but says nothing else. Truly, what was there to say? Zantus did good work, it was true...but the Nualia thing still cut deep and burned brightly in the old warpriest's memory.

"Well, c'mon then. Foxglove Manor ain't gonna search itself. On we go, folks."

2. Default

Amadeus listens and smiles to himself as he casts detect magic then tries to analyze what was found. Truth is he enjoyed Joyya being put out of sorts and the bills have to be paid. Can't count on Ameiko to fund their lifestyle forever...

Spellcraft (Take 20 is 26, but if not here is gem then wand): Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+6) (20) [26] and Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+6) (18) [24]

The wand is a wand of gentle repose (17 charges), which Caizarlu apparently used to preserve the bodies he was working on, and the blue gemstone is a periapt of health - very useful if you are working with ghouls.

4. Default

"Interesting, a Periapt of Health, granting immunity to diseases, and a Wand of Gentle Repose. I suggest we keep both until we are done with the ghoul fever issue..."

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    "Thank you sir," Amadeus replies before raising his gas and taking a deep sip.
    Amadeus pauses before the door of Ven’s store and residence, to steel his heart before entering, before entering.Regardless of who is behind the counter, he announces softly, “I have news about Aldern Foxglove, villain of our times, and his fate…”

As Amadeus enters the general store, it is Ven Vinder himself, who is tendaing the register, but the store is otherwise empty. When he spots the sorcerer he doesn't say a word at first, but just moves past him to hang a closed-sign on the door and lock it. Then he turns towards Amadeus with a grim face and says, "Tell me.....Tell me everything..."

7. Default

Amadeus has spent over a day thinking how to tell the family the news and had decided to tell the story how it went. Now, however, he skips to the end to start, " The madman died as a result of my magic and the half orc's flail down in the dark cave in which he lived like the snake he was..."

Amadeus then proceeds to tell of the man's involvement in the town's affairs from his role with Nualia, to his pursuit of Nagri, the hunt, the farmers, the manor and the hunt for him and his eventual death...

Vinder listens impassively to Amadeus' account of the recent events. When the sorcerer is done, he sits for a while in silence, thinking things over. Finally, he extends his hand - seemingly in as friendly a gesture as this man is capable. "I am a man of my word - you have something to ask of me?"

9. Default

“I won’t mince words or dance around a topic.We have shared too much sorrow for that. The only question I have for you is what you think of me sir.” Amadeus replies looking the man in the face and waiting for his response.

Vinder sighs after hearing Amadeus' proposal, "I had a feeling it was something along those lines. I can't say that I'm particularly thrilled by the prospect - no offense, son, you seem like an honorable gentleman, but your...line of work...doesn't exactly promise a stable family life for my... only remaining... daughter." A shadow crosses the mans face as he is reminded of his eldest daughter's untimely death. "I don't fancy my daughter being widowed at the age of 22 - especially not if little ones come into the picture!". He turns away and looks out the window at a few neighbors passing by. Without turning back, he continues, "Still....recent events have shown that nobody is safe.....not even Sandpoint! I suppose she could do worse.... Hells, she may even be safer in your company!"

Abruptly, he turns back towards Amadeus and thrusts out his hand, and for the first time ever, Amadeus witnesses something that precious few others have seen before him: A smile (however faint). "She is feisty little brat - I really hope you know what you are getting yourself into - but if she'll have you, you have my blessing!". The smile vanishes like a whiff of smoke on a stiff breeze as he adds, "...and if you mess it up, I will hunt you down and throw you into log-splitter myself..."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast