Page 1 of 109 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: NO PEEKING GUYS... (this thread is for GM Roll Posts ONLY)

Wink NO PEEKING GUYS... (this thread is for GM Roll Posts ONLY)

Actually it's not a big deal if you peek.

I just don't want to keep posting in the Main thread for my rolls, then going back and editing for the outcome the rolls told me. I want to try writing and putting up the posts in one smooth go. Definitely more efficient.

You can check me for honesty, and mistakes, if you want. There are maybe times I wouldn't choose to tell you exactly what I'm rolling for (a Bluff Skill check, a particular spell, etc) because it can be difficult to keep separated your in-character and out-of-character knowledge, but you can make that choice. I do not want to petition a moderator for my own top secret password-protected forum. It is just a game...

Taking a risk here but drafting my next post, to make it speedy.

ROUND ONE of Dock Combat, middle initiative, NPCs' turn:

Vanya already succeeded on his Use Magic Device DC 20 wand of color spray roll with a 21 (in post #244, last time I roll something like that prematurely)

GM saving throw rolls for ALL PCs (assuming all are still in range of a color spray cone)

Skie (at +3) Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (d20+3) [20]
    Thurok (at +0) Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (d20+0) [17]
    Mammon (at +4) Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (d20+4) [7]
    Flint (at +0) Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (d20+0) [11]

Tymmon will aim at somebody who is not on the ground after the color spray effect. He will be very reluctant to shoot Skie however (he is disguised as a bystander) and somewhat reluctant to shoot "Merric" whose performance he so enjoyed at the card table. He would prefer to shoot Thurok first, Mammon second if he had to choose, but does not relish shooting anybody.

Tymmon's spell attack Produce flame modified by his class ability to be electricity AND the Merciful Feat to be non-lethal Authentic Forum Dice-rollspell - (d20+3) [11]
    Last edited by magrat4; 04-21-2016 at 02:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Wow am I bad at this. Somehow the earlier rolls for Thurok and Skie which are SUCCESSES got turned into fails, and the Mammon and Flint rolls got hidden. Um try again?

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+4) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+0) [10]

CRAP. It is just too weird saying "Vanya made his Check in a post one day ago. Oh yeah, it totally happened and now I can make this post already knowing the outcome." It's kind of cheaty when you KNOW the result before you use a tactic.

Going to roll fresh for Vanya's UMD

Authentic Forum Dice-rollUMD - (d20+5) [19]

Well I'll be. Problem solved!

Just in case I need it:

Tymmon Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20) [12] + 3 modifier = 15
    Last edited by magrat4; 04-21-2016 at 04:17 AM.

Vanya doesn't want to get hit again...yeah, he's someone who would try to get backup to take out his attacker.

Tymmon Acrobatics Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [8] vs DC 14 to avoid Flint AOO
    Produce flame (electricity) ranged touch Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20-1) [19] vs Thurok Touch AC 12
    If hits, damage would be Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6+2) [4]

Flint AOO vs Tymmon in case Acrobatics is a bust Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+5) [9] vs AC 13
    Potential damage (non-lethal) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d6) [5]

Probably getting too fancy here but Vanya will spend two Move actions to get over the rail and into the sand below, where he can wait and AOO anyone who follows him.

Vanya
    Acrobatics Skill (to avoid Attacks of Opportunity) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) [23] vs DC 18?

Mammon AOO in case he fails attack Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+8) [24] Damage Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d4+6) [9]
    Thurok (same) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) [20] Damage Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d12+6) [9]

Acrobatics Skill (to jump and land softly in the sand, less than 10 feet down, on his feet) DC 15 or else he is prone Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) [21]

Vanya AOO vs Mammon:

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+8) [22]

If damage, Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d6+2) [4]

Mammon gets to try to confirm his Crit against Vanya...

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+4) [11]

Page 1 of 109 1231151101 ... LastLast