Page 3 of 234 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 2340

Thread: Chapter One: Don't Fear the Reapers...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Thurok frowns. "Hrm. Yes, I know them. The Rythasar, the Bloodtrail clan. They are one of the largest in Belkzen." He smiles, wistfully and nostalgically. "Their leader is a woman, one of the few women who are orcish leaders. We do not keep our women in homes and taverns and brothels as humies do, we send them to war, same as the men. When I was a boy, I thought I loved Kring Rythasar. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Ah, boyhood. How do you know them, half mule-ears?"

    OOC: Sorry to keep you waiting, Ras

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    richmond, VA
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Skie replies in orcish "if I tell you please do not tell the others when I was but a child one of the blood trail orcs murdered my mother in cold blood... I would like to avenge my mother"

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Thurok stands there stunned. He says in Orcish, "You speak the tongue of my people? Fascinating. Do not fear, your secret is safe with me, and I am truly honoured that you trust me enough to have told me this. I'm sure it must have been a painful memory. It certainly sounds like the kind of thing the Bloodtrails would do. I promise you, I will do everything I can to help you in your quest for vengeance. Was your mother the human or the mule-ea... uh, the elf?"

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    richmond, VA
    Posts
    357

    Default

    With a slight smirk Skie replied "my good for nothing father was the elf my mother was the human"

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,598

    Default

    TheShieldWolf posted: Mammon takes the woman's hand and shakes it firmly.
    Tamsa clasps his hand longer than is necessary for a shake. He feels her finger over the steady pulse of his wrist. He has seen this technique before during his training in the church of Abadar. During an official interrogation it may be done to discern whether someone is lying by the quickening of his heartbeat. But Mammon also knows that followers of Calistria use the same method to gauge how attracted a man is to them.

    TheShieldWolf posted: "You are wise to be weary of strangers Ma'dam. My name is Mammon, and I assure you neither myself nor my friends mean you or anyone here any harm." Glancing down and taking a sip from his ale how much should I tell her? Placing the mug down he continues "and yes, we came from Magnimar.
    "From Magnimar?" Tamsa repeats a little more sharply than she intended. "Of course you mean no harm. Magnimar has done so much for Wolf's Ear."

    TheShieldWolf posted: Though I hope you forgive me. Our story is not solely mine to tell so I must be vague for proprieties sake and our safety. I can tell you that we came to meet Sir Strongoath, he is currently late and only growing more so as we sit here." Smiling slightly, attempting to lighten the mood and make the woman feel at ease. "Other than that I simply wish to hear the news. I do not know how long we will be here and I wish to get the lay of the land, so to speak."
    “I hope Sir Strongoath will not keep you waiting long.” The bartender releases Mammon's hand and gives it a friendly pat and says sincerely, “I will be as direct with you as you are with me. I wish the last representative from Magnimar had been like you. Mr. Lobel told us to cooperate fully. Please know that the good people of Wolf's Ear continue to do everything the Lord Mayor of Magnimar asked. Of course you must talk to the soldiers before you make your report. You will want to know how their investigation is going into the accidental fire that destroyed the church of Erastil, I am sure. But I do not believe you will hear anything that should alarm you.”

    Tamsa points over to the half-elf brunette. “And if you still wish to talk to Fennelle over there, I will tell her to cooperate too. You need not worry about the minor skin condition that afflicts her and some other locals. The healers have it well in hand. But I must warn you that she already has a man. His name is Raoul and their wedding banns will be announced soon. The best piece of local news I know is that the world famous bard Rhodal is performing HERE at the Drunken Dog today. Be sure to observe him so you can tell your children about him.”

    The barmaid pushes the gold coin back at Mammon with a smile. "Keep your coin. The city of Magnimar has done so much for us I would not dream of taking it. Fenelle will refund the cost of your first round of drinks also, but for a second round you will be charged." Tamsa signals to Fenelle to join her and Mammon at the bar and mouths "Magnimar!"


    OOC:

    Bear with me I need to post, then go back and check what the dice rolled. Probably I am going about this awkwardly and should ask for a dice rolling thread.

    Okay, Mammon may roll a Sense Motive Skill check if he wishes. Normally the GM rolls these but I think that gets awkward...ultimately are you going to roleplay that you believe nothing is a little bit off, even when you see the GM making secret rolls? I'm not convinced you would.



    The next two are GM only, NO PEEKING GUYS.



    Last edited by magrat4; 04-06-2016 at 01:15 AM. Reason: trying to see rolls and adjust text accordingly

  6. #26

    Default


    Azzie accepts the kiss on her glove with a giggle of pleasure. "See Tymmon, not all Taldans are as boorish as you," Azzie declares and pats Flint's cheek with her gloved hand."What's your name, sweetheart?"


    "Welcome, my dear countryman!" Tymmon cries, his voice getting squeaky with excitement. "The name of the game is three dragon ante! How fortunate you wish to begin with 50 silver pieces, which is the exact sum that the rules require." He winks at Flint as though they share a secret. "Well, 'tis usually scored in gold, but Jorgi here insisted upon silver."

    Azzie throws Jorgi a venomous look so swift Flint might have imagined it, but he thinks not.

    Before they begin Tymmon thoroughly explains the meaning of various three dragon ante cards and rules to Flint---how to arrange a sequence of three or more cards known as a "flight" to gain extra points for that round, which dragons and mortals are worth the most points individually and in which combinations, which dragons and mortals can be used to steal coins from other players or from the stakes pile in the middle of the table, and which ones subvert the usual rules of play, like the mortal Druid who causes the lowest value of dragons to win instead of the highest.

    Flint listens even though he's been playing (and winning) since he was a small boy, and he knows Tymmon is at least teaching the game correctly.

    Jorgi sits in sullen silence whereas Azzie chimes in with warm words of encouragement and occasionally strokes Flint's forearm.

    "Jorgi's just jealous you're drawing hungry looks from us local girls, when none of ours will ever give his kind a second glance," Azzie whispers, plenty loud enough to be overheard.

    "All right then, ready for your first gambit?" Tymmon asks, rubbing his hands together. "That's the term for three rounds of play. After each gambit we score the winnings and each player decides whether to stay in for the next one."

    Flint studies his hand of six cards. With expertly subtle motions he draws more extra cards than he ought to from the deck, including the coveted Dragonslayer, and pays less to do so than the random top draw off the deck would have forced him to do.

    Jorgi reveals his "flight" of cards first, then Azzie, then Tymmon, and finally Flint. Flint is the winner due to the complex interplay of cards.

    "Beginner's luck, young man!" Tymmon congratulates Flint, albeit with a bit much emphasis on the first word. "Shall we all play again?"
    During the first round Flint introduces himself as Merric, as a guard in case he needs to beat this town, and doesn't want anyone to know his real name.

    When Flint wins the first hand he fakes a look of surprise, allowing the other players to tell him that he had won. "what luck! I meet a beautiful woman, and win enough silver to take her to dinner!" Flint winks at Azzie

    turning to Tymon, "its an honor to play with a professional such as yourself, Tymon" Flint responds to Tymon, but in reality feels rather miffed that he had failed to read the gnomes face "please lets continue to play" Flint smiles

    during the next hand Flint makes small talk "so Im just passing through, anything interesting around town?"

    Flint offers another 6 sp into the pot

    OOC;
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSlight of hand - (d20+8) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSense Motive - (d20+4) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDiplomacy - (d20+6) [23]

    Diplomacy for gather info right?
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 04-06-2016 at 01:19 AM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,598

    Default

    Ras2115 posted: With a slight smirk Skie replied "my good for nothing father was the elf my mother was the human"
    A grizzled older patron with a thick black beard and an axe in his belt loop, and whose steps are a bit unsteady, bumps into Skie and knocks his hood askew. "Whoa, sorry about that little fella," the man says, trying to readjust the garment. He squints at the half-elf, then leans back and makes his eyes as wide as they can go, and then leans forward again. He gestures to Skie's cheek and asks softly, "What's that, you got some kind of lizard fever son?"
    Last edited by magrat4; 04-06-2016 at 01:22 AM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingWalrus View Post
    Thurok stands there stunned. He says in Orcish, "You speak the tongue of my people? Fascinating. Do not fear, your secret is safe with me, and I am truly honoured that you trust me enough to have told me this. I'm sure it must have been a painful memory. It certainly sounds like the kind of thing the Bloodtrails would do. I promise you, I will do everything I can to help you in your quest for vengeance. Was your mother the human or the mule-ea... uh, the elf?"
    The town guard that Thurok bested in arm wrestling comes up behind him and taps his shoulder, hard. "I want a re-match now, Big Green. Unless you're too much of a coward yourself."

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magrat4 View Post
    The town guard that Thurok bested in arm wrestling comes up behind him and taps his shoulder, hard. "I want a re-match now, Big Green. Unless you're too much of a coward yourself."
    Thurok grunts in the guard's face, expelling his raw-meat-reeking breath. "I'm no coward, little red wolf man. If you wish to be humiliated in front of all these people a second time, so be it."

    [roll0]

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Wut. Let's try that again...

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 1d20+4 ) [8]

Page 3 of 234 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •