Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2340

Thread: Chapter One: Don't Fear the Reapers...

"Looks like we've actually found one already, but keep the gems, I'm sure they'll compliment your collection nicely. See you once we've dealt with the spider," he said turning to flint and handing off the three bags from earlier, quickly informing him as to their contents. "We'll need to pick up some scrolls that can strengthen our weapons with in case we still have to fight the dragon, but first let's meet back up with The others."

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Mess
    Korman, having split up with Flint, heads after the dog. He walks to the trio, noticing Bel and Mammon in the background, and then continues walking to Bel. "Well then. I guess I arrived just to see some nice people protecting it."
    The tiny dog seems happy to fall into step behind Korman again though he gives the warded cart a wide berth.

“I am Genevieve, and these are my gendarmes,” the Galtan female cavalier introduces herself. All three sheathe their swords and bow deeply to the two aasimars and to Korman.

Bel Collon thanks them for defending her goods and gives them each three gold pieces for their gallantry. After the trio departs she faces Korman with a joyful light in her emerald eyes. “This is Abel, my familiar. Abel, shake hands with Korman.” She pantomimes the action and the monkey obliges.

“Any luck finding us a way back to Ravenmoor yet, Korman?” the wizard asks hopefully.

There isn't much time to talk before they are interrupted by the man from the Guma's Dragonslayers booth. "I thought ye'd like to know, ma'm, Guma and the boys just popped back with a corker of a tale about that ole woman what double-crossed ye. They say she found a way to charm the dragon like with some magic gobbledygook offa scroll. Rode it like a bleedin' flyin' pony, she did! And she were'nt prepared to pay much for the lads distracting it while she got ahold of summat buried. The lads managed to sneak a few jewels offa the hoard but not much a'fore she took off on its back. She flew due south if that helps? It's sorry I am to tell ye, I just...thought ye'd like to know." He bobs his head awkwardly and turns to leave.

OOC:

Refresher, the plan to get back to Ravenmoor is still to use the elf gate in a particular alley with the following elements: a pass phrase (Flint has), a piece of hematite (Flint has), and the presence of an elf or at least elven blood (Korman!).

A slight problem, the dragon seems to be under Alizna's control for now. (Charm monster lasts days per level.) She was last seen flying south (toward Wolf's Ear, where the party came from).
    Last edited by magrat4; 06-09-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Default Shining Quarter: The Gang's All Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros
    "My ally said it was a hematite, preferably one that is carved and polished into an oval, keep as close to the original as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonTagger
    Flint nudges Ulvenn, "we already got it"
    [quote=Zeros]"Looks like we've actually found one already, but keep the gems, I'm sure they'll compliment your collection nicely. See you once we've dealt with the spider,"

“I look forward to it,” Sarkani says, nodding. He is a little relieved at not needing to part with a specimen of such sheen as the hematite, and it shows.

Ulvenn turns to Flint and hands off the three bags from earlier, quickly informing him as to their contents. "We'll need to pick up some scrolls that can strengthen our weapons with in case we still have to fight the dragon, but first let's meet back up with The others."
    The pair make their way back to the Shining Quarter. Beside the elven aasimar’s cart they find Mammon, Korman and his new furry shadow the blink dog pup, and Collon still disguised as a lanky human lad but now with her monkey familiar perched on her shoulder.

"Mammon was brilliant. He convinced the drow to give me back Abel and his enclosure, plus two thousand and five-hundred gold!" Bel bursts out when they draw near. Now that her monkey is back her formerly drawn and serious face is giddy as a young girl's.

Without prompting this time monkey holds out its hand to shake with Flint and Ulvenn.

OOC:

See Planner for contents of the three bags from Qadirans. And don’t forget the tengu thief’s bag, also listed in the Planner.

Still unidentified (Craft Alchemy) so far: 2 blue syrupy vials, 2 inky black vials, 2 vials bitter grey crystals, weird spongy rope. Ulvenn or Bel could figure them out…
    Last edited by magrat4; 06-09-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Ulvenn smiles beneath his mask as he takes the little monkey's paw, "Another member of the pack returns," he remarks, followed by a sudden pause as he considers that he's taken Korman and Mammon as part of his group now, and even Eugene... Even if they still had some things to settle. "We should hurry, the spider could be finished with the dragon by now. We can catch up after we deal with her."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Ulvenn smiles beneath his mask as he takes the little monkey's paw, "Another member of the pack returns," he remarks, followed by a sudden pause as he considers that he's taken Korman and Mammon as part of his group now, and even Eugene... Even if they still had some things to settle. "We should hurry, the spider could be finished with the dragon by now. We can catch up after we deal with her."

Bel's expression turns grim again. "We've just had bad news about Alizna from her hired help that just came back to market. She cheated Guma's Dragonslayers out of most their cut of the hoard for no good reason. Then before they could slay the crystal dragon, she brought it under her control with a powerful scroll. She was last seen flying due south on dragonback. My divination scroll will still enable us to track her, but we may not be catching her today. Perhaps it is just as well, since I would rather see to enchanting your weapons before you tangle with that beast."

She remembers something else and places a hand on Ulvenn's arm, trying to see past the eyeholes of his mask. "Are you well, are you...back to your old self after that curse?"
    Last edited by magrat4; 06-09-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Ulvenn curses silently about Alizna, but pulls down his mask to reveal his now clear face, "the spellweaver worked excellently, and we suspect it was a certain Kyton," he returned his mask and leaned forward to whisper, "But I'll deal with him when I have my resources established..."

=Bel"Mammon was brilliant. He convinced the drow to give me back Abel and his enclosure, plus two thousand and five-hundred gold!" Bel bursts out when they draw near. Now that her monkey is back her formerly drawn and serious face is giddy as a young girl's.
    Flint looks dumbfounded at the naive aaismar, he quickly looks around to see if anyone is now eyeing the party, anyone that seems predatory. "SHHHH! you can't just shout about having a purse full of gold in a place like this. Come on, I think we might have worn out our welcome here in the umbral market, the sooner we get back to troger and get paid the better"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    Flint looks dumbfounded at the naive aaismar, he quickly looks around to see if anyone is now eyeing the party, anyone that seems predatory. "SHHHH! you can't just shout about having a purse full of gold in a place like this. Come on, I think we might have worn out our welcome here in the umbral market, the sooner we get back to troger and get paid the better"
    And not without settling our score with Alizna, notifying Ravenmoor where we go, and other such things. Anyways, good job on getting Abel back,"[/b] Korman says. He takes a look around at everyone and the cart, before asking, "Any further business?"

After greeting everyone and taking account ofnthe situation Mammon says, "I am glad things worked out well cor ereryone. I am also inclinded to agree with Flint. I've had enough of thr umbral market for one day, we ahould return to our plane." I hope Astirax has not gotten himself into trouble...

Ulvenn curses silently about Alizna, but pulls down his mask to reveal his now clear face, "the spellweaver worked excellently, and we suspect it was a certain Kyton," he returned his mask and leaned forward to whisper, "But I'll deal with him when I have my resources established..."
    “You do not have to deal with Jaccarus alone, especially since I am the one who roped you into my mess,” the mage reminds him, squeezing the sailor’s arm and letting go. “I trusted that devil too far. Just like Alizna.”

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonTagger
    Flint looks dumbfounded at the naive aaismar, he quickly looks around to see if anyone is now eyeing the party, anyone that seems predatory. "SHHHH! you can't just shout about having a purse full of gold in a place like this. Come on, I think we might have worn out our welcome here in the umbral market, the sooner we get back to Trogir and get paid the better."
    To the Taldan’s relief no one in the Shining Quarter seems to be paying their party particular mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Mess
    ”Not without settling our score with Alizna, notifying Ravenmoor where we go, and other such things. Anyways, good job on getting Abel back,"[/B] Korman says. He takes a look around at everyone and the cart, before asking, "Any further business?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShieldWolf
    After greeting everyone and taking account of the situation Mammon says, "I am glad things worked out well cor ereryone. I am also inclinded to agree with Flint. I've had enough of thr umbral market for one day, we ahould return to our plane." I hope Astirax has not gotten himself into trouble...
    Collon shakes her head at Korman’s question, but appears to be only half-listening. Recalling those she should not have trusted has brought some memory or clue bobbing almost to the surface of her mind. “I…believe I was betrayed, long ago. Before I woke up in the ruins…” she murmurs.

As has happened very rarely before, Esther the poltergeist becomes suddenly agitated, whipping up a sudden dust storm around her and flinging pebbles in all directions.

Korman’s pup cowers with his paws over his eyes.

The storm ends in a flash, the same way it began.

“Right then I think I have drawn enough attention for one day, sorry,” Collon declares, rubbing at her temples beneath her cap. Abel the monkey pats her head in a sympathetic gesture. “I will see to my horse and we may be off.” She suits her actions to her words.

When everything is ready Bel ventures, “Speaking of Sir Trogir, your gremlin butler said he and his old adventuring partner Rhodal had a terrible row, and that he desperately needs you to convince Sir Trogir to confess whatever started it. Something about a secret for which all of Golarion might pay the price. Hitchens was rather dramatic about it.”

Hitchens pops his groomed canine head out of the bag of holding and intones grimly, “My words may have been dramatic, madam. But not an exaggeration. I cannot reveal details. But suffice to say that the seeds sown by the deeds of my former masters may end in a harvest of apocalyptic devastation, if not properly attended to!”

OOC:

You all ready for a time skip post to get back to Ravenmoor? And a new Chapter? =)
    Last edited by magrat4; 06-10-2017 at 04:29 AM.