Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Other Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    The best event of the summer just got posted in the recruitment thread. Go check it out and see if you're interested!

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...237#post959237
    I guess it has only been a couple days, but I figured more people would be applying than what we've seen so far.

Default Other Chat

As did I. We need at least 8 to run it as a competition (2 teams of 4), but that wouldn't leave any room for if anyone dropped out, and if someone is a slow poster you'd be stuck with them. Depending on how it turns out, I may just run the dungeon as a one-shot for you guys. Of course, some of you may want to re-do characters, since we currently have 3 rogues, a fighter, a sorcerer, and a bard.

Come join us on Discord!

Just shared the Blurred Fist monk with the folks on the Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition group, and someone pointed out to me that at level 9 all monks get...
    At 9th level, you gain the ability to move along vertical surfaces and across liquids on your turn without falling during the move.
    Which has a lot of overlap with the level 11 ability in the Blurred Fist, which reads as...
    Fleet of Foot
    At 11th level, you run so fast that the earth can’t pull you down. When you take the Dash action, you gain the following benefits until the end of your turn:
    * You gain the benefits of the water walk spell, limited to yourself.
    * You gain the benefits of the feather fall spell and can move your full land speed through air while falling.
    * You can traverse vertical surfaces as though they were horizontal.
    The duration of these effects end if you fall prone or if your speed is reduced to 0. This benefit only works in short bursts; you fall if you end your turn in the air or on water and nothing else is holding you up.
    I'm about to go back and read over our discussions for that feature to see if there's something interesting we might bring back in, but I'm currently thinking about a few options:

the ability to cast Haste on yourself, either at the cost of X number of ki points, or with a limit of X number of times per day

the ability to act at initiative 0 on surprise rounds even when you're surprised

the ability to teleport (Misty Step?) or temporarily plane shift while moving (with very undetermined mechanical effects)

Come join us on Discord!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011