Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Prologue: "Who Sows the Seeds of Chaos..."

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    "So Mr. Chester?" Flint asks toward Mammon "how do you think solitary confinement has affected your ability to process information?" Flint follows behind the group quickly, doing his best to disguise his limp, pretending to scribble in his notebook attempting a appear as a student interrogating a prisoner
    His head down and clasping his hands behind his back trying to fake being restrained. I don't know... Just don't put me back in there...

Default Prologue: "Who Sows the Seeds of Chaos..."

Getting over the wall Skie takes a deep breath of the fresh air as says to his companions "thank you my friends we are free"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the last of the group dismounts from the more desirable side of the wall Mammon addresses them "My friends, we have undergone much torment at the hands of these people. And we may not yet be out of trouble. If you want, you are invited to accompany me to my friends in the church of Abadar of Sandport. They will keep us safe and we need not fear betrayal from them. If you follow me though, whatever your personal beliefs, I ask that you be respectful to both my god and the members of the church. But whatever you decide do so quickly, we've done well to escape and I would not want to falter now because of lack of initiative." Having finished his short speech he waited patiently a moment for their responses before turning to leave. Making haste to the local church of Abadar.
    Last edited by TheShieldWolf; 04-03-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Default Prologue: "Who Sows the Seeds of Chaos..."

Skie listens to mammon and replies "lead the way my friend"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"its as good an idea as any" flint nods his agreement, leaning on mammon for support "We will need someones help to get out"

For a terrible moment with their backs to the wall some of them question whether this escape has been another experiment-induced dream---whether they might just awaken back in Bello’s lab yet again. But the anxious thought passes, whisked away on the cool evening breeze that stirs their borrowed disguises.

Mammon suggests they immediately return to Abadar’s temple for aid, so long as they can respect Abadar’s civilized tenets about fair dealings with other citizens and cooperation with just laws. The aasimar knows that those of his faith are always ready to defy corrupt governments like Galduria’s, especially if they are under the sway of even more corrupt institutions like the Academy.

Skie agrees first, then Flint, and a nod from Thurok seals the bargain. They will find the quickest way out of the city and beyond the Academy’s clutches together. After that who knows?

Out under the breathtaking night sky for the first time in four months, it dawns upon the companions just how much had been stolen from them by Bello and his associates. Their time spent in his underground lair, with no sunshine or fresh air and no contact with the world outside, had been uncomfortably close to being buried alive.

Now that they have emerged, it occurs to them that safety in numbers---and in the present company who best understands what they endured---will probably be their best chance of remaining free.

The night of their escape, Mammon leads them to the temple by way of a hidden sewer tunnel. Holleran Glace, an Archbanker of Abadar, welcomes them heartily and restores their equipment to them. He had collected everything from their room at the inn and settled their tab after the innkeeper reported to the temple that Mammon and his colleagues hadn’t been back for three days.

What follows is an intensely difficult month.

It is a month of physically and psychologically adapting to life without Bello’s numerous alchemical treatments, for one, under the expert tending of Abadar’s healers.

It is also a month of hiding indoors and away from the crisp autumn air of Rova, much to the former prisoners’ displeasure. But they must avoid the door to door searches and the checkpoints for identification and travel papers stationed at the city limits and at all the transportation merchants' buildings. These investigations are conducted by Galduria’s watchmen and Academy representatives in tandem. The government’s official story is that four individuals exactly matching the fugitives’ descriptions are wanted in connection with a fanatic from Qadira suspected of plotting a violent incident against the government of Taldor which could ruin their uneasy truce.

Lastly it is a month of nightmares about their captivity and trials at the Academy. Of reliving the sensations of being underwater for hours and breathing through a thin reed, or shivering as they dug their way out of a freezing avalanche, or the severe headaches of cacophony-induced sleep deprivation, and a hundred other torments they survived in their imaginations but which felt utterly real to their senses.

When Rova is almost at an end, and the four are sufficiently recovered, Holleran asks them to repay his temple’s generosity by undertaking a joint commission job from the churches of Abadar and Cayden, the god of courage and revelry. As a bonus, the job will distance them geographically from the Academy’s influence and will involve some financial compensation that will help them with inevitable travel expenses.

The four friends agree and the temple’s allies smuggle them north by boat on the Lampblack River to the village of Wolf’s Ear.

In Wolf’s Ear they are scheduled to meet with Sir Trogir Strongoath, a dwarven knight in Cayden’s service, on the second day of Lamashan at noon sharp in the Drunken Dog tavern to finally learn the terms of their first commission.

Their investigation and immediate future will surely hold many mysteries and risks, but at least they need not face them alone...
    Last edited by magrat4; 04-04-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456