Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Prologue: "Who Sows the Seeds of Chaos..."

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    richmond, VA
    Posts
    357

    Default Prologue: "Who Sows the Seeds of Chaos..."

    Looking at the two incredibly strong men in front of him Skie comments mostly to himself "we should have a contest of strength when we are free of this place"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,539

    Default

    The second room, the one to the right whose door has splintered under Thurok's "battering ram on legs" approach, proves to contain a larder. Its shelves are stocked with dry goods that can be eaten quickly with ones fingers, mostly an assortment of loaves of bread, cords of jerky meat, salted crackers, oat and nuts and dried fruit trail mix, and chewy biscuits.

    There is also a small wooden table with two wooden stools, where presumably Nisha and Professor Bello ate in between experiments.

    At least they have food to replace the drugged dinners that it wasn't safe to consume the night of their escape.

    But it still leaves the problem of where the real exit is to the level above ground, and how it has been concealed...and who or what might be guarding it.


    OOC:


    Maybe roll me Perception Skill checks (even though they don't count, just for practice) to find the Hidden Door at the top of the stairs? That's d20 plus your Perception Skill modifier. There is a "DC" or Difficulty Class (i.e., "target number that you must hit or exceed") set by whole hidden door condition, as per Pathfinder Rules.

    If you check out that link to the GM screen, you'll see under "Perception (page 102)" that a secret door has a DC of 20, for example.
    Last edited by magrat4; 04-02-2016 at 04:32 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    richmond, VA
    Posts
    357

    Default Prologue: "Who Sows the Seeds of Chaos..."

    Grabbing some dried fruits and popping them in his mouth he looks around carefully "there's got to be a way out of here"

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+5) [23]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24

    Default

    "nice job guys" flint acknowledges his two very muscular friends as he peers inside the both rooms "Im with you skie, We must have missed a door somewhere along the way" Flint begins tracing his fingers along the walls, looking for crevices, and looking for anything out of place

    [perception=roll]1d20+1[roll]

  5. #25

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    richmond, VA
    Posts
    357

    Default Prologue: "Who Sows the Seeds of Chaos..."

    Calling over his shoulder Skie says "I think I found our way out" with a huff Skie pries the secret door open


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Simultaneously stuffing his pockets with meat and snacking on hand fulls of nuts. As Skie calls out that he discovered the way out Mammon seems to come back to reality "Good job Skie!" finishing off his nuts Mammon hurries to rejoin his companions at the top of the stairs.
    Last edited by TheShieldWolf; 04-02-2016 at 06:25 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,539

    Default

    Being cautious of the true rune wards, Skie carefully examines the walls of the larder and then the chamber itself. He knocks at a few places to see if there is a hollow space and slides his fingers over the stone in search of a seam. His companions help themselves to the larder and do the same.

    The half-elf thinks logically about the best place to a put such an exit, where the rune wards wouldn't be an obstacle and where evacuations could swiftly be accomplished no matter where in the room you started.

    Skie finds the secret door at last, at the top of the stairs. By pressing in a section of stone he causes the rock covered panel to swing back silently on its hinges. Beyond that door is a staircase winding up, up to the surface world. He informs his friends of his find.

    Thurok takes the stairs first in Alec's official guard uniform with the peaked cap pulled low and his club at the ready. His disguise offers the most concealment and could buy them valuable time if they meet an actual guard.

    Mammon walks behind him undisguised, playing the role of prisoner rather than trying to squeeze his almost orc-ish sized frame into one of the svelte professor's lab coats.

    Skie and Flint bring up the rear dressed in the long white coats and carrying the four journals between them. With the charcoal pencils sticking up out of their pockets they present the very image of academic researchers.

    The door at the end of the hidden staircase opens into a one story, first floor gymnasium. Like all the chambers they have left behind, this room is well lit by magical torches built into the wall whose flickering golden flames never give off heat or burn what they touch.

    Its four walls are bare of decor except for some posted equipment instructions and a mural to the Vudrani god Irori of self-perfection. In fact, the mural helps conceal the secret door.

    The gym is complete with monkey bars and chin up bars and weights to lift and stationary bicycles and long padded mats, and above certain mats are thick hemp climbing ropes with knots spaced throughout them dangling from hooks in the twenty foot high ceiling.

    Some of the escapees vaguely remember being transported into the gym, half-conscious, wrapped tight in rolled up mats.

    As far as possible exits go, they see a double door entrance directly across from the secret door, and in a far corner two recessed halls that face opposite one another and each curve around a corner.

    There is no initial sign of Academy guards, but the alarm and sonic wards suggest someone should have been posted nearby enough to overhear them and respond...and may reappear at any moment.


    OOC:

    Because this is just practice I took the liberty of arranging your "marching order" and moving you into the next room. Normally you all get to agree on your marching order, and you would have the option of moving into the room "stealthily" by rolling a Stealth Skill check.


    Last edited by magrat4; 04-02-2016 at 06:27 PM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    richmond, VA
    Posts
    357

    Default Prologue: "Who Sows the Seeds of Chaos..."

    Tapping his temple Skie sends a whispered message to his companions "do you think we could use the ropes to help get over the walls?"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #30

    Default

    "yea probably.... but whoever gets them down, is going to have to take a fall, once they get the rope unhooked from the ceiling" Flint sighs, "guess I actually have to start being useful now...." Flint whispers, do to his lack of understanding of how 'whispered message' works

    with a small jumping head start flint climbs the long hemp rope, to the top, grabbing onto the hook with one hand, and untying the rope with the other, letting it fall to the floor, Flint hangs from the ceiling a moment, bracing himself for the fall, he lets go of the ceiling, landing on a soft mat, as he tucks and rolls to avoid the worst of injuries from his fall

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollclimb - (d20+1) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollacrobatics - (d20+5) [19]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •