Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Chatter (Chapter 2)

Default OOC Chatter (Chapter 2)

Here is where we'll be having any out of character chatter during Chapter 2: The Slithy Toves.

Please begin by addressing the following issues:
    1) Level up! You're now level 3! Also take the effects of a long rest.
    2) We need to establish 2 marching orders, one for single-file travel and one for two-abreast.
    3) How quickly do you want to travel? You can change your pace at any time.
    • You can go at a fast pace and get places more quickly (8 miles per day), but you'll have almost no opportunities to forage for food and water (you currently have no food or water, I believe) and will take a penalty to passive perception while traveling.
    • You can go at a normal pace of 6 miles per day with no benefits or penalties.
    • Or you can go at a slow pace (4 miles per day), improve your foraging, and possibly take advantage of stealthy movement.

4) Does anyone want to attempt to map your route? A character not focused on any other task, including watching for danger while traveling, can record your progress and allow you to more easily re-navigate areas if you become lost and need to re-trace your steps.

Come join us on Discord!

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (1d12+3) (10) [13] (or 7+3, whichever is better)

I've been putting off this decision for a while, hmm, Bear or Wolf, Bear or Wolf...

I know I won't regret Bear, but Wolf seems like it might be really good in a party this size. If Voraxus keeps taking Rogue levels, I just know he'd love Wolf...

Quote Originally Posted by PHB p. 50
    Bear. While raging, you have resistance to all damage except psychic damage. The spirit of the bear makes you tough enough to stand up to any punishment.
    Wolf. While you're raging, your friends have advantage on melee attack rolls against any creature within 5 feet of you that is hostile to you. The spirit of the wolf makes you a leader of hunters.
    Last edited by Claw; 03-19-2016 at 03:54 PM.

At 3rd level, when you adopt this path, you choose a totem spirit and gain its feature. You must make or acquire a physical totem object—an amulet or similar adornment—that incorporates fur or feathers, claws, teeth, or bones of the totem animal. At your option, you also gain minor physical attributes that are reminiscent o f your totem spirit. For example, if you have a bear totem spirit, you might be unusually hairy and thick-skinned, or if your totem is the eagle, your eyes turn bright yellow.

Your totem animal might be an animal related to those listed here but more appropriate to your homeland. For example, you could choose a hawk or vulture in place of an eagle.
    Do you require me to obtain a physical totem object? I personally find it a silly requirement that doesn't fit my vision for Dargyr very well, but I have everything needed if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    I did allow 3rd party/DM's guild material in character creation (with my approval/review) and that still holds true. I have an en5ider subscription, let me check if there's not something like what you're describing already there or in something I've picked up from DMs guild. I'm not really much good/practiced at determining balanced mechanics.
    Don't worry about it too much. It'd be fun to fight with my claws, but GWM + Sentinel is a very solid choice that doesn't require any exceptions to be made.

You've got a carved bone statue... perhaps it is carved from a bone of your spirit animal into the shape of your spirit animal, or some other form to let it serve as your totem object.

I'm still looking into your thoughts about natural weapons. I've got an article from en5ider that provides subclasses for barbarians, fighters, monks, and rogues that specialize in unarmed combat, but none of them seem to really be your style except maybe the fighter (pugilist), but then you're giving up your barbarian levels. The barbarian subclass is the Path of the Lodestar and it has a bunch of divine fluff/flavor on it.
    Last edited by Rellott; 03-19-2016 at 04:06 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Eyyyyyyyyyy, archetype time!

Remember folks, Nyx is going Eldritch Knight. This means she now has access to (more) spells!

First, the HP roll: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10+3) (7) [10]

As for spells, Nyx will be picking up the Prestidigitation, Acid Splash, and Mending Cantrips. She will also be picking up the Shield, Magic Missile, and Absorb Elements spells.
    For Weapon Bond, she will bond with her Longbow and Rapier. She cannot be disarmed of these weapons, and she can summon them to her if they are on the same plane of existence with a bonus action.

Now, for RP specifics... Nyx will likely be taking rear guard, since she is ranged for the most part. She would also agree to either a normal pace or slow pace, since they do need food. Finally, she will have likely casted Mage Armor on herself before they started traveling for the day. She will not be mapping their route, since she's better off spotting for danger and supplies anyways.

Edit: Oh right, Nyx also gets Hellish Rebuke as a 2nd level spell 1/day thanks to Infernal Legacy (Charisma based)
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 03-19-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Mending
    Oooh, as it happens Dargyr has a flawed carnelian gemstone worth 10gp that could very well use being turned into a not-so-flawed carnelian gemstone worth 50gp. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Here is where we'll be having any out of character chatter during Chapter 2: The Slithy Toves.

Please begin by addressing the following issues:
    1) Level up! You're now level 3! Also take the effects of a long rest.
    2) We need to establish 2 marching orders, one for single-file travel and one for two-abreast.
    3) How quickly do you want to travel? You can change your pace at any time.
    • You can go at a fast pace and get places more quickly (8 miles per day), but you'll have almost no opportunities to forage for food and water (you currently have no food or water, I believe) and will take a penalty to passive perception while traveling.
    • You can go at a normal pace of 6 miles per day with no benefits or penalties.
    • Or you can go at a slow pace (4 miles per day), improve your foraging, and possibly take advantage of stealthy movement.

4) Does anyone want to attempt to map your route? A character not focused on any other task, including watching for danger while traveling, can record your progress and allow you to more easily re-navigate areas if you become lost and need to re-trace your steps.
    1: Level-up + HP Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (1d6+3) (4) [7] (+2 not +3...)
    2: Don't really care where Theander is so long as he's not in the front or back (and not near Dargyr )
    3: While we're first escaping I'd say it may be best to get some foraging in and be stealthy, then we can quicken the pace as we leave the drow behind. *shrug*
    4: Sounds like something Theander might do. He's a perceptive one, so he'd be good for keeping a watch out... But in character its the sort of thing he'd latch onto to distract from everything else going on.
    Last edited by Zeros; 03-19-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Stacking exhaustion from marching on top of dehydration and starvation seems like a horrible idea.

We may have to travel slowly by necessity. Voraxus can provide food and water for up to 10 people for free, but that still leaves about 5 people in the party. Dargyr gets +6 on survival checks for food and water, and Nyx gets +4, so she can look as well. I don't know how much food and water that will provide, though. A couple NPCs can use the Help action to give us advantage.

We don't need anyone to make a map as long as we have Voraxus.

Dargyr will always take front by default (passive 14 perception, 19 any time his keen sense of smell helps), but if he's foraging, he might yield that position to someone else.
    Last edited by Claw; 03-19-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast