Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: The Slithy Toves

Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    "Helm isn't down here, human," Nyx says in a slightly louder voice this time. "Your god isn't going to save you, and he sure as hell isn't going to scavenge for your food. This is not about right or wrong, this is about SURVIVAL. The sooner you get that through your head, the better you'll do. We'll kill what we need to, regardless of how innocent or guilty they are, but we're not going to make enemies we can avoid. That'll get us killed faster than starving to death."
    Nyx's partial agreement, albeit less enthusiastic than he is used to, does not go unnoticed by Dargyr.
    Last edited by Claw; 03-22-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Bithawa is offline Do not recruit players with Red Reputation. Do not apply to games being run by GMs with Red Reputation.

You hear that same clicking noise emanating from his throat that you've heard in the past (while enslaved). Voraxus runs a clawed finger along is bottom jaw absentmindedly as he tries to decide. He counts out his pieces of gold metal and tries to split them evenly into two piles, ending up with a pile of six and a pile of five. He pulls the last item from his pouch and shoves it and the slightly larger pile of gold forward, "bow for bow, plus sssix gold metals and this fist necklace. You like violence, metal fist necklace probably stands for violence. This necklace will make you look stronger. You can keep red ssstone." He pauses slightly to let the offer sink in. "Now, if you find a beautiful blue stone, I will trade you black one. Or green, green is good too. Red is boring."

Last edited by Bithawa; 03-22-2016 at 03:20 AM.

Bithawa is offline Do not recruit players with Red Reputation. Do not apply to games being run by GMs with Red Reputation.

Dargyr snarls and knocks the amulet off the pile. "Weak human fist," he says. He pushes the two piles of gold back together and puts his hand down on top of them with his claws spread all around, as if daring Voraxus to touch them. "This many. No less!"

Last edited by Claw; 03-22-2016 at 03:33 AM.

When the group fled from the flying creatures and the distracted drow, Samiel couldn't find what he was searching in his bag and followed the group. Afterwards he seemed a bit depressed, though he happily offered to purify the food that the bunch found and scavenged.

At one point during the travel, the group heard a ripping sound followed by some clunking. Samiels bag broke and a bit of his material fell on the ground. After a long sigh, he began gathering his stuff : a crowbar, a hammer, some pitons, a drumstick and... a roughly wooden-carved symbol of a seven-pointed star. The dragonborn's eyes went wide as he saw it. "Yes! I knew I still had it somewhere", he said as he pick it up carefully like if it was the most precious and fragile thing he had. Holding the symbol in one hand, he took one of the still wet torches in his bag and made it glow, just like Theander did with a rock and Karl's sword. Seeing better, he quickly gathered the rest of his things in the bag and used his symbol another time to repair his bag.

Afterwards, he seemed really happy, maybe a bit too much considering the circumstances, but Samiel believed that his group would succeed to see the light of day again. Of course, the black and mystery-filled void that was the underdark was quite unsettling for his young and inexperienced mind, but after finding his precious memento, he felt his goddess' power growing within him and protecting him. It somehow made him feel safe in this wretched place.

When Dargyr speaked about the group being his pack Samiel answered : "As the others said, Dargyr, let's try not making more enemies. We will defend ourselves if the need arise. But, though I don't know much about your culture and ways of thinking, I am glad to see we've gained enough of your trust for you to consider us as family. Sticking and working together will only make it easier for us to survive down here."
    Last edited by kikiwako; 03-22-2016 at 03:36 AM.

Whoever was nearest Theander could probably hear the grating of his teeth as he continued detailing his map, trying to tune out the ridiculous trading offers being sent back and forth. But inwardly at least he could agree with what was becoming the general consensus. Kill what we need to survive, make as few enemies as possible, get to safety.

When Karl had discussed other options for the light spell Theander was relatively curt, "I can only maintain one such spell at a time, so pick the object wisely... And stick near the lizard, he can actually use the light to do us some use down here outside of a fight." He would cast the spell on whatever it was that they wanted, with the ever present warning that it was theirs to look after.
    Last edited by Zeros; 03-22-2016 at 03:44 AM.

Voraxus looks at the pile of metal and still isn't quite sure if he's being tricked or not. He gives in with a satisfied hiss, "done." Voraxus has seen these large bows used by members of his clan, they were frequently used during hunts that involved open terrain. Seeing one down here has sparked fond memories, as well as a desire to acquire one of his own. Smiling widely (which might actually not look very friendly with his teeth showing), Voraxus attempts to squeeze Dargyr's shoulder in a friendly manner. "Your name is Dargyr, right? If you need a favor, just asssk" he whispers conspiratorially, as he thrusts his thumb toward his chest. Voraxus hands over his own bow and stoops to pick up the discarded amulet, examining the trinket as he stands back up. He gives a little shrug and stuffs it back in his pouch.

Hearing himself being called "the lizard", Voraxus lets out a low grating sound. It's somewhere between a hiss and a growl. "I have a name, and I preferred you use it." He noticeably calms down a little before increasing the volume of his voice to be heard by more of the companions. "I have heard the names of some of you but I do not believe everyone hasss introduced themselves in the chaos of our escape. My name is Voraxus and I am originally from Chelimber Marsh. Having names may be useful if we are going to be spending time together, even if it's not your real name." Lowering his voice back to a more normal tone he adds "and I believe you are Theander. You gave your name to the gnome sssiblings."
    Last edited by Bithawa; 03-22-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Dargyr growls a bit when touched, but he returns the toothy grin and scoops up the gold and the shortbow, leaving the longbow with Voraxus. As he turns, one of the gold coins drops from his hand while he's shoving them in his pouch and rolls back toward Voraxus. Dargyr doesn't notice.

Last edited by Claw; 03-22-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Malbocco approaches Dargyr "Hey, I think there's something up with that orb." He let's the spider crawl down to the back of his hand "This spider has been eyeing it since before you had it. Can I take a look?"

EDIT: He approaches Voraxus, didn't realize the trade fell through.
    Last edited by Candle Moth; 03-22-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    Abaraxas - Hoard of the Dragon Queen ((ended))
    Quess - End of the World
    Malbocco - Out of the Abyss
    Snapdragon - Curse of Strahd
    Rauw, Krogan Berserker - Mass Effect
    Sheriff Rorimac Hollow - Darkening of Mirkwood ((Completed!!!))

10. Default

As Karl hears the group speak, and talk about surviving as the only thing, it just makes him more determent to follow Helm's will, and stop the wicked from sprouting evil where ever they go. As they walked Karl listened to Nyx speak about Helm, and there he made an oath to avenge his fallen comrades, and to stop the evil that was the drow from taking more slaves form the surface.

"You are wrong thiefling, Helm is everywhere and if you listen and close your eyes, your will feel his presence and wisdom guide you to punish the wicked and evil in the world. Also here in the underdark. And as long as I am here, there will be no mercy to those that kill and enslave the innocent," Karl says to Nyx eyeing the thiefling up and down.

"And of course I will also do my part in getting us surplies, but there will be no killing of innocent. If you want kililing find me some drow," Karl says to Nyx before turning his attention elsewhere.

Karl had also listened with half an ear at the negotiations between Dargyr and Voraxus, but when Voraxus takes out the amulet depicting an human fist Karl turns towards Voraxus and speaks, "Let me see this amulet, I am looking for a Pendant showing a Guantlet holding a blade, as that is the signature of my Order. If this is the Pendant it is mine, and I would ask for it back."

((OOC:
    Is the amulet Karls Pendant form his order Rellot?))
    Last edited by Entangled; 03-22-2016 at 07:29 PM. Reason: extra rp content

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast