Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: The Slithy Toves

Bithawa is offline Do not recruit players with Red Reputation. Do not apply to games being run by GMs with Red Reputation.

Voraxus has been eyeing the bow on Dargyr's back since they had stopped for a break. Voraxus pulls his much smaller bow off his back and takes a closer look at it. He pulls on the bowstring a few times as if to test its strength. He looks back up at the larger one Dargyr has. Then looks back down at his, then back at Dargyr's. He repeats this several times before approaching the gnoll. "Would you be willing to trade?" he asks, as he holds up his own bow. He pulls out a small piece of yellow metal from his belt pouch and holds it up. "Everyone ssseems to want these. I will trade yellow metal and my bow for the big one you have."
    Last edited by Bithawa; 03-21-2016 at 03:58 AM.

Dargyr wrinkles his muzzle in disdain at the smaller bow. "Twenty gold," he says firmly...

"Yellow metal," he clarifies, tapping the coin that Voraxus extended with his claw. "Or show me thing you took from spider room."

If Voraxus chooses to show him the black jet orb, he sits back and looks at it from many angles, trying to judge its worth. Finally, he says, "Give little bow and big stone. I give big bow and little stone." He digs around in his pack and pulls out a small polished gemstone with a deep orange-red hue. It has a clear flaw, but is probably still worth something.

Last edited by Claw; 03-21-2016 at 08:54 AM.

3. Default

As Karl moves in the dark, he is glad that Theander has provided him with much needed light. Karl had never seen darkness like this, and had it not been for his military training, he would probably have gone crazy after a while. But all his training made his will strong, and his mind was set on one thing, and one thing only. To escape the under dark, and bring the news of his fallen comrades back to the headquarters of his order.

When the light seemed to be about to go out, Karl offered Theander, to cast It again on his weapon, making him the potential target of an attack, spearing Theander the worrying of holding the light stone.

As they walked around in the underdark, Karl did get a bit tried of all the dead ends, and setbacks, something that would not had happen in the military on the surface. But he did not know his way around here, and therefore was forced to follow these creatures of the dark. He looked around, they where an odd bunch, and when the Gnoll spoke of them being his new pack, Karl shook his head and said, "Dargyr there will be no unnecessary killling while you are in this group. We will only punish those that have wronged the innocent and has provoked the wrath of Helm."

Karl then turns to Voraxus, "I cannot see in the dark, so I need the help of light. But I fear that that may be hard to find down here, so we need to get some more permanent source of light then torches and magic." Karl says to answer Voraxus question.

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    "Dargyr there will be no unnecessary killling while you are in this group. We will only punish those that have wronged the innocent and has provoked the wrath of Helm."
    Dargyr grumbles, "Killing necessary. Take food or starve. Take weapons or defenseless. Kill enemy or die." But with mounting resistance on all sides against ideas even the youngest Gnoll cub would embrace, he feels off-balance and isn't confident enough to push the point.
    Last edited by Claw; 03-21-2016 at 06:56 PM.

"Helm isn't down here, human," Nyx says in a slightly louder voice this time. "Your god isn't going to save you, and he sure as hell isn't going to scavenge for your food. This is not about right or wrong, this is about SURVIVAL. The sooner you get that through your head, the better you'll do. We'll kill what we need to, regardless of how innocent or guilty they are, but we're not going to make enemies we can avoid. That'll get us killed faster than starving to death."

"Good points all around, let's just taking them as they come. Before ANY killing takes place, we need to FIND some people. How close are we now?" Malbocco picks his ear absentmindedly, but makes sure to watch how his spider friend reacts to the exchange of the dark stone from the spider shrine.
    Abaraxas - Hoard of the Dragon Queen ((ended))
    Quess - End of the World
    Malbocco - Out of the Abyss
    Snapdragon - Curse of Strahd
    Rauw, Krogan Berserker - Mass Effect
    Sheriff Rorimac Hollow - Darkening of Mirkwood ((Completed!!!))

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Dargyr wrinkles his muzzle in disdain at the smaller bow. "Twenty gold," he says firmly...

"Yellow metal," he clarifies, tapping the coin that Voraxus extended with his claw. "Or show me thing you took from spider room."

If Voraxus chooses to show him the black jet orb, he sits back and looks at it from many angles, trying to judge its worth. Finally, he says, "Give little bow and big stone. I give big bow and little stone." He digs around in his pack and pulls out a small polished gemstone with a deep orange-red hue. It has a clear flaw, but is probably still worth something.

Dargyr estimates the black stone to be a piece of polished jet worth about 10gp.

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Moth View Post
    "Good points all around, let's just taking them as they come. Before ANY killing takes place, we need to FIND some people. How close are we now?" Malbocco picks his ear absentmindedly, but makes sure to watch how his spider friend reacts to the exchange of the dark stone from the spider shrine.
    The spider does shift its attention to Dargyr if the trade goes through as he proposed.
    Jimjar calls back to Malbocco, "I'd wager 10 silver it'll take another 3 tendays if we keep up this pace." [I'm assuming you're moving at a normal pace right now, until you work that and the other things out in OOC.]

Come join us on Discord!

Bithawa is offline Do not recruit players with Red Reputation. Do not apply to games being run by GMs with Red Reputation.

"This is gold metal?" He pulls out his pouch from under his loincloth and spills out the rest the gold into one of his large hands. Counting them out quickly and seeming a little crestfallen, "I only have elven gold metalsss." Voraxus had forgotten about the black stone. He pulls it from his pouch and takes a look at it in the light, moving closer to the source if need be. He hadn't gotten a good look at it at the time of acquisition. He then pears down at the offered gem. "You're not trying to trick Voraxusss are you?"

Last edited by Bithawa; 03-21-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Default Chapter 2: The Slithy Toves

The black stone is larger - a perfectly smooth oval-ish sphere-y egg shape that's a bit larger than a chubby thumb. Dargyr's carnelian is the size of a die/knuckle and is a beautiful orangey-red color, though it is uncut and jagged in places and has a discolored sworl inside it.

Come join us on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Bithawa View Post
    "You're not trying to trick Voraxusss are you?"
    Dargyr's back stiffens. "If tricked, own fault!" he snaps.

He points at one pile: "Big thing, small thing." Then the other: "Small thing, big thing."

"Is good trade!"

Last edited by Claw; 03-22-2016 at 01:18 AM.

Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast