Page 105 of 134 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1339

Thread: Chapter 2: The Slithy Toves

  1. #1041
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default

    It's hard to see through the clouded, hazy water. You would need to stir it to see more clearly, if you don't just reach in to grab at whatever it is.



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #1042

    Default

    Dargyr strikes the water with his rock.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollimprovised mace - (1d20+7) (19) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollbludgeon - (1d6+5) (6) [11]

    If nothing happens, he tries to extricate the object with his crowbar.

  3. #1043
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default

    Dargyr strikes the water, and it ripples out, away from the place he struck it. The ripples continue, bouncing off the edges of the fountain and criss-crossing each other endlessly until they create small waves, and they still continue, and the water within the fountain begins to swirl faster and faster. It erupts upward into a vortex, spraying light mist around the room, and a bright light seems to emanate from its center, slowly coalescing into a vaguely humanoid shape with horns and a tail. The watery vortex then evaporates instantly into a cloud of steam, blocking your line of sight. You hear an audible whisper, but only Nyx (and Theander) understands it because it is speaking in Infernal: "Free at last! You have cleansed my temple of these filthy spawn of Juiblex! If you ever need a good deal in the future, I'm your devil! I'll even let you take the gifts the last few fools to wander here left to appease me!"

    The whisper and the steam then disappear, and there is no figure remaining. Which devil it was is unclear. Presumably it will know if you want to contact it. So in addition to a future favor from a devil, you also apparently are entitled to what's in the now-empty basin of the fountain: 112sp, three golden bracelets worth 25gp each, a dagger with a spider design on the hilt (it seems of significant quality - likely magical), and two vials containing liquids. They are labeled in Elvish. If none of you speak Elvish, Derendil translates them: "Potion of Greater Healing," and "Oil of Slipperiness."



    Come join us on Discord!

  4. #1044

    Default

    Dargyr rears back and bares his teeth as the water and light erupt from the fountain, but he quickly calms down once it fades away.

    He fishes out one of the bracelets and a handful of silver, but he seems more concerned with finding a way out. He continues examining the room for any sign of an exit.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rolla handful - (1d28+14) (22) [36]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+4) (8) [12] (any hint of an exit?)

  5. #1045
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default Chapter 2: The Slithy Toves

    It would actually be investigation in this instance, but you don't see anything helpful in this room.



    Come join us on Discord!

  6. #1046

    Default

    After demanding that Glabbagool to move out of his way, Dargyr then examines the flooded room to the east as well, past the unfinished hallway, where most of the water is coming from.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation - (1d20-1) (16) [15]

  7. #1047
    Bithawa's Avatar
    Bithawa is offline Do not recruit players with Red Reputation. Do not apply to games being run by GMs with Red Reputation.
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    704

    Default

    "Hmm, looked kind of like a dragon. What was it?" Voraxus moves over to stand behind Dargyr, trying to see what he's grabbing at. Using his height and lengthy neck Voraxus peers over Dargyr's shoulder (perhaps closer than the gnoll would like). Spotting the dagger, "hmmm, nice looking fang. If you do not want it, I could ussse a replacement for the one the oozes took." Stepping out from behind the gnoll, Voraxus moves closer to the fountain. Seeing the coins in Dargyr's fist, Voraxus cocks his head in curiosity "more metals? Different color this time. Are they like gold metals?" Voraxus palms a handful as well to get a look without the small amount of water impairing his view. He pokes around at the coins in his hand and looks up at Dargyr. Slipping the coins into his pouch to join the other few that he has, Voraxus returns his attention to the dagger. He leans his bow against the fountain and lifting the dagger carefully out of the basin he looks at it closely, even going so far as to stick out his tongue to take a "sniff" at it. Looking at Dargyr to make sure he has no issue with him taking the weapon, Voraxus fishes his now empty dagger sheath from the small of his back. Surprisingly enough, it seems to fit. He ties the sheath back in place along the band of his loincloth before returning his attention to the room.

    Not thinking of anywhere else to look, Voraxus brings up an option, "what if we try to dig our way out of the original tunnel we were in? I don't think we even tried that."
    Last edited by Bithawa; 08-26-2016 at 03:13 AM.

  8. #1048

    Default

    Dargyr does not seem to have any further interest in whatever else lies in the fountain, and he takes no issue with Voraxus claiming the dagger.

    When Voraxus asks about the coins, he says, "Is Silver. Ten silver for 1 gold—is good trade."

    As for his last question, Dargyr responds, "Digging takes long time. Is last thing we try."

  9. #1049
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default Chapter 2: The Slithy Toves

    Dargyr looks at the room and sees no way out except whatever way the water is coming in.



    Come join us on Discord!

  10. #1050

    Default

    Does any part of the ceiling seem loose enough that it could be broken by a solid blow?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •