Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Hijinks in Highbridge- In character Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grensen View Post
    Having been rebuffed by the gnome Guryaasa opted to try again. Perhaps he didn't see her. Walking up alongside Arasmes Guryaasa places her hands on the booth and pulls herself upwards into view. "Hello gnome, Guryaasa wishes to know more about ferry and Highbridge." She said, her feet kicking against the side of the booth.
    The gnome blushed. "Sorry, Miss. I got distracted by some of your friends." He cleared his throat. "The ferry is quite safe, having been built byt the finest of Gnomish and Dwarven Craftsmen. They make the trip 3 times a day and the ferries are cleaned and maintained every night. We take as good care of those ferries as you do your musket. The water is fairly calm, although there's a danger of ice floes, of course with it being winter."

The gnomes strokes his chin. "Highbridge itself is interesting. The city is split in half by a tributary of the Frostborn that runs through a canyon. A single bridge connects the two halves. Cargo and people are hauled up to the top of the canyon using hoists and stairs."
    He chuckled. "A crazy fool actually built a TAVERN on the bridge. can you believe it? But the Chasm's Edge is well loved as a watering hole. As for accommodations, you can stay at the Guildhall if you have your membership, and there's at least 3 inns in Highbridge. the Riverview, the Highbridge Inn, and the Canyon Inn. the Riverview is the classiest and most expensive of those.
    " He paused in his thoughts. "Highbridge is pretty big, too. it;s the regional capitol. Peoplewise it's about 4 times the size of Brewerton."
    Last edited by LakethePondling; 03-10-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Guryaasa nodded her thanks before disappearing back down beneath the booth. "Question for party, did party get name of who party meeting? Guryaasa knows it is Robert's father-in-law-to-be but Guryaasa doesn't recall name, or find anything Robert wanted mentioned specifically like Guryaasa asked, perhaps he left such details with Arasmes?" She questioned.
    -Active-
    Bright-eyed idealist Briar Williams and her Vigilante façade Poppet

Blog Entries

"He did not. Not to worry, I am sure we can find out the name once we're there.", Arasmes reassures everyone. "Still, could have saved us some time with little forethought."

After checking in with the others, Mills goes down by the water by himself. Sitting down crosslegged he hums a simple melody as he watches the surface of the river water.

"Eh heh, how does Arasmes plan to do that?" She mimicked, very poorly, Arasmes' voice, "Arasmes is seeking fathers who do not approve of daughters choice in husbands, there any fathers like that around? Come now don't all put hands up." She sneered at him. "Arasmes at least has plan what to say to father, yes? It is likely Aramses will do most of talking. At least compared to Guryaasa, have firmer grip on Common, actually not sure what Guryaasa can do to help on job." She admitted while pacing around the dock, hunting for smooth stones.
    -Active-

A humming pierces the mental fog that blankets Plesio's dreamworld. The sweet sounds soon wraps around him and starts edging away the dark shadow, then pulling open his eyes to reveal the guild dormitory where he slept the night. It's when he looks to the next bed he sees the source of the melody, the fellow Halfling whom he'd met the evening before. Guryaasa? Yes, I believe that is her name. "Good morning."

After a quick bath, using the water basins and screens provided, Plesio packs up his equipment and heads over to the Tipsy Rat for breakfast. Eggs, sausages, and sweet buns, with a tall glass of cider. Leaving 5 silver for the meal, he exits the establishment and whistles for his fury friend. Trotting out from the same alley as the night before, and once again licks Plesio's face as greeting. "Haha, good to see you too. Well, my dear Shadow, it is time to meet the others." The two make their way to the docks in time to hear Arasmes pay for their passage. "Any chance his passage included in mine?" The Halfling point to the feral dog now sitting beside him as he pets the animal's golden-brown coat.

Addressing Guryaasa's concerns regarding a detail they overlooked, "We have some time before the ferry arrives. We can go ask the client."

Last edited by ArchDruidCrea; 03-11-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Blog Entries

"It is not far, I believe any one of us could be at Finnegan's shop and back in that time, although Plesio, Mills and I were already there so there's no chance of us getting lost searching for his shop. If possible, I would like to stay here.", Arasmes says calmly, still staring at the river with his eyes half open. He seems very relaxed.

He listens to Mills' humming and tries to join him with a subdominant melody.

The gnome raised his hand. "Pardon me, but your tickets are good for the ferry. they don't say which time. if you have some business to take care of, you could always board the number 1 ferry when it arrives at 10 after 10."

Guryaasa turned away at the arrival of Plesio and his canine companion, feigning disinterest as to not startle the dog. Though she let her hand hover near Shadow if he chose to investigate.

"Then Guryaasa find Robert and ask, make Guryaasa useful." She stated while reaching up and plucking a token from Arasmes' hand. She waited a few moments for anyone to offer to join her before setting of into the street at a swift pace, weaving between the legs of passersby to not break her momentum.
    -Active-

Robert Finnegan is at his shop, unpacking crates that seem to have arrived overnight. He's placing some very pricey looking peices of Jewerly on teh shelf when he sees Guryasaa out fo the corner of his eyes. "Sorry...we're not open right...Oh. Guryasaa, right?" He dusted off his hands. "What can I do for you?"

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast