Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Hijinks in Highbridge- In character Thread.

Blog Entries

MONASTARY

The three of you, carrying several crates and boxes make your way across the dock and up the stairs carved into the face of the cliff. You then enter the cave itself. It has been completely transformed. While this cave appears to be natural, the brothers and sisters that live here have furnished it, albeit simply. The floor of the cave has been covered in a series of reed mats. There appears to be several long tables and benches stacked against one wall, presumably for when they eat. You can see three openings carved into the cave wall. One on the right, one on the left, and one on the back wall. There appears to be a small shrine set up against the right wall. (anyone examining that please roll Perception). An elderly man, set apart from the other monks that you see only by an orange sash appears to study the three of you before finally stepping up and bowing. "Welcome brother monk, woman of the wilds, and man of chaos. Welcome to Cliffface Monastary."

BREWERTON

The trip back to Brewerton is peaceful, just the splash of the water and the chug of the engine. you occasionally see a chunk of ice, but the paid mages blast those apart with ease. Other than the crew and a few others, you pretty much have the ferry to yourselves. You actually almost smell Brewerton before you see it, with the sharp odor of the brewery floating on the icy air. Also, in comparison to where you've been the past two days, Brewerton seems smaller and less sophisticated. You disembark and head straight for Timotheous Reginald SHoppe of Magic and Misscellany, it's blue paint and stars serving as a beacon through the snowy streets. As you steo inside, the jam-packed shelves tower over you, making even Mills feel small. Reginald sweeps up to you, the middle aged half-elf wearing yellow trousers, black shirt, and a red sash under a deep blue robe throws wide his arms. "Ah! Little friend, Welcome back! I see you have brought some new friends, the rest of your party, no? A pleasure!"

"Thank you for having us Master. We are here to deliver these packages to you. I was also wondering if your style was different from my own and would you be willing to train me for a few. My companions might wish to help or just mearly rest if that is ok with you.?"

Blog Entries

The master bows. "Of course, my brother. your friends are welcome to rest in the dormitories if you wish to train. In exchange though...I have a request."

(Insight check)
    Last edited by LakethePondling; 06-09-2016 at 02:42 PM.

If expression is anything to go by, Lith seems far more approving of the cave interior than any other place she has visited thus far. She notes the shrine with some curiosity.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+7) [19]

She bows her head momentarily with respect to the elder monk that greets her, pleasantly surprised by the man's perceptiveness... though granted the three of them were about as easy to read as people can be.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSense Motive - (1d20+3) [18]
    "If the group succeeds, then so shall I. Probably."

How did I not notice this building before? It is certainly unique. Plesio scans the exterior as they approach. As the group enters his eyes widen. I'm glad we're here to get paid. If we were here to locate something, it'd be like finding a needle in a haystack. "Good day." Plesio adds a nod to the half-elf, then gives Guryaasa the opportunity to speak to the man whom seems to know her.

Blog Entries

MONASTARY

The shrine is a simple wooden table under a painting of a man with a staff fighting undead. there are empty brackets where something hung.
    The monk seems a little apprehensive towards Arasmas, like he unnerves him. He also acts like something is on his mind.

Mills relaxes near the front of the boat, seemingly enjoying the ride back to Brewerton, a peaceful look on his face as he watches the water roll by.

Reaching the dock, he follows along quietly with the halflings through the smelly streets of the town. As they arrive at their destination, he hangs back a bit, frowning slightly as he peers with curiosity at the goods lining the towering shelves in the strange store.
    Last edited by Indigo Rune; 06-10-2016 at 05:00 AM.

Lith's brow raises slightly, "A troubling request?" Keeping her voice low. She glances at Arasmes with a flicker of amusement. Don't fear him, he's harmless. Mostly.
    "If the group succeeds, then so shall I. Probably."

Guryaasa glanced at Plesio as he offered no more than a mere greeting to the vivid half-elf. Raising an eyebrow and giving several silent eye gestures to him. Reluctantly she addressed Timotheous.

"I'm not little..." Guryaasa muttered to herself, "Yes, half of party here. Helped deliver Timotheous' package to Steward through Puzzle Gauntlet. Guryaasa does not recall Timotheous offering reward but Plesio seeks some trinkets from Timotheous's stock. Since Timotheous and half-party are all friends perhaps Timotheous will part with stock for job completed?" She asked uncertainly, unconvinced by her own sales tactics.
    -Active-
    Bright-eyed idealist Briar Williams and her Vigilante fašade Poppet

Blog Entries

MONASTARY

"Right you are, madam druid." He guestures to the shrine. "This is in memorial of Abbot Velan Braywild, the man who founded this monstary. Until 2 weeks ago, his quarterstaff rested on those brackets. About a fortnight ago, 4 travellers stopped here on their way to Highbridge. It was late and we let them stay here, as is our custom. when we awoke the next morning, the staff was gone." He pauses for a second. "I should mention that the staff was not a plain stick of wood. It was finely carved, and had an enchantment laid upon it."

BREWERTON

"But of course. Your friend can choose from my stock as his payment. as for the rest of you. how does... 75 Gold a person sound? I had those books in my shop for weeks."

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast