Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Intermission - Parable in Anthracite

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Mar'ro lowers his hood and bows his head, No offense did this one mean, if offense was taken. Mar'ro offers fang and fur, bite and body to this journey, may the Spotted One will it.

He nods and looks over at the Inn. This one prefers the roof of night, not dead tress, but is grateful for the welcome, fey one. Mar'ro will meet you there in the morning for our journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by cortesxxiv View Post
    "I'm not one to leave my companion, and i am also not too fond of staying somewhere where i have to watch my back, if we must meet tonight we can meet but i will be joining my friend in the forest just outside of town." Khlarissa crinkled her nose in the direction of the inn. "I have not spent much time in towns."
    Nox cups his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, interesting. Well, have it your way. I believe I am finished with my tasks about town. I'll prepare my items, meet with another member of the party tonight to and finalize our partnership. I must meditate for a few hours and then I can meet you in your forest in the darkest hours of the morning. Send your --" Nox pauses to glance at Akos, his lip curls as he continues, "--bird-thing to watch for me as the moon begins to descend and I will appear out of this gate with another."

"We will be hard to miss, and I will light the end of my staff to be better seen."
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

2. Default

At the light of the falling moon, then, fey one. This one will not miss your coming.

"Until the morrow then." Khlarissa raises her hood turns and with a short sharp whistle Akos takes off and mar'ro and khlarissa head towards the gate. "What did you think of they fey one mar'ro? I don't think we can afford to get to comfortable yet."

4. Default

As the pair turn their backs and walk away, Nox shakes his head slightly. "They make an odd pair... but at least that Mar'ro person seems able to hold his own. Either way I'll keep my eye on them."

Nox sighs, "...and I thought that Rampart guy was strange. He's the most normal of the bunch."

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cortesxxiv View Post
    "What did you think of they fey one mar'ro? I don't think we can afford to get to comfortable yet."
    Mar'ro nods thoughtfully, The fey one is as the first wind of a storm, a promise of destruction to come. It must be weathered, though. Mar'ro has faced worse and still walks. What does the hawkfriend feel?

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Mar'ro nods thoughtfully, The fey one is as the first wind of a storm, a promise of destruction to come. It must be weathered, though. Mar'ro has faced worse and still walks. What does the hawkfriend feel?
    With a short sharp whistle Khlarissa calls to Akos. With a screech Akos comes shooting out of the sky and perches on Khlarissa's forearm. "Old friend, what did you ascertain from our meeting with the fey?" Akos mutters a few squawks and chirps and takes off back into the sky. Turning to Mar'ro, Khlarissa says "Akos is not sure if he can be trusted but if we are to get to faerie we must accompany him. He said he will be keeping a close watch on him for a while. Where do you want to set up camp for the night friend?"
    Last edited by cortesxxiv; 10-19-2016 at 04:24 AM.

7. Default

Meanwhile, the rest of the day passes uneventfully and Noxias returns to the Assasination Inn to meet once more with Sepel and possibly Diviak to take his final meal and say his goodbyes.

Nox looks around for Rampart but does not see him. It is a bit to early in the evening for Rampart to be considered on-time, or even late so, sets out to find Sepel. Sepel sits in the common room, where he normally takes his meal in the evening; nox sits down directly across from him. "Sepel, thank you for your hospitality these past weeks. I am a bit of a stranger here and I am pleased you were keen enough to overcome that."

Nox scratches at his forehead, "-- a question for you, do you know of a trio of individuals named Rampart, Khlarissa or a strange one named Mar'ro? If they have no reputation then that is telling, however if they do and you are aware of it, that is telling even more."

Nox listens intently for a while as they exchange pleasantries.

"Again, I am grateful to you, I have another favor. Will you take this flask and display it behind your barmaid's counter, or perhaps upon the mantel?" Noxias produces Rogur's final artifact, "It would mean a lot to me if this could find a permanent home where it would be warm, be polished occasionally, and listen in on a great many conversations. I will gladly pay you for it's lifetime of rent if you can spare the space."

Reaching out, Nox places the flask between them and holds out his hand in friendship. "I will be gone before the morning, I believe our accounts are settled, be well Sepel."

8. Default

Better to be on the side of a storm, than stand against it. Mar'ro says to Khlarissa as he raises his hood and leads the way back through the market square and towards the gate.

The campsite had been chosen for its view of the town, a small ravine cut into the side of a hill a half-mile from Byswell Town. The ravine narrowed to a steep angle behind the camp, but was wide enough at the front to accommodate a sheltered fire. Akos, a second set of eyes on the gate tonight, if the Taloned One wills it. Mar'ro murmurs to the hawk as it flies from Khlarissa's forearm.

In the inn, Sepel scratches the scar on his face while nodding curtly in acknowledgement of Noxias's thanks.

"Foreign names, all of them. None I've heard before, either. Are they new in town? I've heard that the septs are letting travelers come in unchallenged and only accosting the ones who try to leave the valley. Not sure what they're thinking, but it doesn't feel right to me."

Sepel accepts the tarnished flask with a scowl and looks it over. Noxias has gotten used to him enough to tell that the scowl is unconscious, and his thoughts are on Noxias's request.

"Put it up where you think it looks good unless you want it cleaned first; but if trouble finds its way here, I'll pack it off with Ostali. She won't leave a crumb on a spoon behind, if it's entrusted to her care."

When Sepel listens to Noxias further, he grasps his forehead as if in pain, but his voice sounds almost light-hearted.

"Our accounts aren't settled, Noxias. Money's coming back to you from your deposit. Have Narya pay you before you leave."

Sepel stands up and firmly grasps Noxias's hand.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567