Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginnings in Brewerton- In Character Thread

Quote Originally Posted by elan View Post
    "Well, don't dismiss the notion so quickly", Arasmes starts, but can't keep the straight face and starts laughing uncontrollably. "Ah, I see that my humor is lost on you... I obviously meant to say that there is a possibility that you won't like working with us, but instead used the wildly inappropriate phrase instead. Don't you worry, people love me when I want them to, but you get to choose whether you like me or not for what I really am. Either way, well met, Plesio, please try not to take everything I say literally. People say that halflings are a jolly bunch."
    "I will dismiss the notion because I try not to mix business with pleasure. Also, I think it is a little early in our transactions for you to assume this isn't my jolly," the corner of Plesio's mouth curls into a smirk. "My skill set include stealth, a way with locks, and some history and arcane knowledge. What about the rest of the group?"

Last edited by ArchDruidCrea; 02-27-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Mills wanders aimlessly about town for a while, then heads to the tavern to await the others.

The halfling runs her hand through the metal links once more before speaking to the dwarf. "Perhaps Gron can help. Guryaasa is far from kin dedicated to armour making. Prices offered by Gron are at odds with what Guryaasa expects. So a compromise, Guryaasa will purchase from Gron good quality hammers, needles, drills, knives and razors, tools needed to make armour, perhaps some armour patterns. Then Guryaasa will have tools needed to make and repair most armour Guryaasa wants." She clicked her tongue as she thought about the raw materials needed for such a craft. "Can procure most material from travels most likely, many animals with thick leathers, though Guryaasa can pay Gron later for additional materials or use of Gron's workshop if needed. Gron finds this acceptable?"
    She offered her left hand but raised it swiftly as she added an addendum. "Tools would need to be of highest quality, need to survive rough travels and still be perfect for work."
    -Active-
    Bright-eyed idealist Briar Williams and her Vigilante façade Poppet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grensen View Post
    The halfling runs her hand through the metal links once more before speaking to the dwarf. "Perhaps Gron can help. Guryaasa is far from kin dedicated to armour making. Prices offered by Gron are at odds with what Guryaasa expects. So a compromise, Guryaasa will purchase from Gron good quality hammers, needles, drills, knives and razors, tools needed to make armour, perhaps some armour patterns. Then Guryaasa will have tools needed to make and repair most armour Guryaasa wants." She clicked her tongue as she thought about the raw materials needed for such a craft. "Can procure most material from travels most likely, many animals with thick leathers, though Guryaasa can pay Gron later for additional materials or use of Gron's workshop if needed. Gron finds this acceptable?"
    She offered her left hand but raised it swiftly as she added an addendum. "Tools would need to be of highest quality, need to survive rough travels and still be perfect for work."
    Gron Laughed heartily. "trying to put me out of business, small lass? I like your spunk." He smiles. "YOu may use my forge any time." He procured from underneath the counter a fine leather pouch with a hammer burned into the leather. "I sell this for 50 gold. People use it for on the road repairs of armor and weapons. it may prove of use to you."
    If you look inside, you find the following:

Guryaasa pawed through the pouch, quickly assessing the quality of the tools with a number of complimentary 'hmms' and 'ahhs'. She finished with the blowtorch, shaking it to reveal an anticlimactic silence.
    "Yes this seems agreeable, If Guryaasa tosses in another six gold coin Gron will offer oil for blowlamp, goggles, leather gloves and one like this." She slipped on a thick leather protective jacket that hung near the forge. It was clearly intended for Gron's use only as its long sleeves dragged the ground and the hem reached down to her ankles.
    "Perhaps one in Guryaasa's size." She said, looking as though she had just raided her dad's wardrobe. Returning the jacket she prepared fifty six gold pieces for the transaction.
    -Active-

Blog Entries

Gron shook his head. "While i sell tools and kits as well as armor an weapons. I don't carry oil. and the only goggles and gloves and things are my own. So keep your 6 gold." He paused for a second. "Go see Crazy Tim Reginald down by the river. he probably has oil and all the other protective gear, though hold on a second." He stroked his beard thoughtfully for a second before going into the back room and returning with a much smaller protective jacket. "This was mine as a lad's. see if it fits ye, lassie."
    Last edited by LakethePondling; 02-28-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDruidCrea View Post
    "I will dismiss the notion because I try not to mix business with pleasure. Also, I think it is a little early in our transactions for you to assume this isn't my jolly," the corner of Plesio's mouth curls into a smirk. "My skill set include stealth, a way with locks, and some history and arcane knowledge. What about the rest of the group?"
    "Well, there's Guryaasa, a halfling who wields a gun, Oru, a human from the monastery, Mills, a human, and you've already met Lithinzaliax, a half-orc priest of nature. And of course, yours truly, a student of Beauty, a slave to this passion."

Lith puts a palm across her eyes and shakes her head in disbelief at Arasmes, "No wonder that woman was so offended... Pleasure to meet you, Plesio, but I need to go... elsewhere... I fear spending too much time around our madman here will drive me just as insane." She leaves the guild, quite quickly, muttering something about 'tests of mental fortitude', setting off to do her exploration of the town.
    "If the group succeeds, then so shall I. Probably."

Guryaasa tried on the smaller jacket, while the shoulders were still broad it did seem to fit much better. "'Crazy Tim Reginald?' Guryaasa questions how Tim earned name of 'Crazy.' Anything dangerous?" She asks.
    -Active-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grensen View Post
    Guryaasa tried on the smaller jacket, while the shoulders were still broad it did seem to fit much better. "'Crazy Tim Reginald?' Guryaasa questions how Tim earned name of 'Crazy.' Anything dangerous?" She asks.
    Gron Laughs. "Timotheous Reginald earned his nickname fair and square. He's a wizard and a retired adventurer with a penchant for collecting everything under the sun. including some unstable and dangerous objects, but if you need something, he's probably got it in his converted warehouse."

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast