Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginnings in Brewerton- In Character Thread

Blog Entries

Gron laughed heartily. "Mayeb so, little one. But I do good work here." he examined her. "anything I can help you with?"

"Certainly." Lith says, taking the notice from the board and handing it to the unknown halfling, having to stoop down a fair bit to do so. She goes back to examining the board for changes, but pauses and looks down again, unintentionally looming over the halfling. "Are you a new arrival?"
    "If the group succeeds, then so shall I. Probably."

Quote Originally Posted by LakethePondling View Post
    Gron strokes his deep red beard with its band and chuckles. "A man that appreciates quality, eh? Problem is you have to be able to swing it. For my finest armor I charge and extra 150 gold and for my finest blades it's another 300 gold on top of teh base price. I have to make a living, laddie."
    Mills grunts in acknowledgement, nodding his head as he browses. Being the son of a village blacksmith he knew how much work went into the trade though he had never learned it himself. He had long heard of the superior quality smithies in the cities to the south... gazing at some of the dwarf's wares they certainly looked impressive.

"Any work you might need that you would take in trade?"
    Last edited by Indigo Rune; 02-27-2016 at 02:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Rune View Post
    Mills grunts in acknowledgement, nodding his head as he browses. Being the son of a village blacksmith he knew how much work went into the trade though he had never learned it himself. He had long heard of the superior quality smithies in the cities to the south... gazing at some of the dwarf's wares they certainly looked impressive.

"Any work you might need that you would take in trade?"
    Gron stroked his beard "Fraid not, Laddie. I don't really need anything done jobwise. You're still welcome to buy anything though that you might need." He thought for a second. "But I've heard rumors that Rob Finnegan over at Finnegan's Imports and Crazy Tim Reginald both have jobs for intrepid adventurers."

"Thank you... I shall return," Mills says confidently, eyeing a shiny longsword mounted on the wall. As he turns to leave, he stops at the door and asks "Is there a bowmaker in town you recommend?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Rune View Post
    "Thank you... I shall return," Mills says confidently, eyeing a shiny longsword mounted on the wall. As he turns to leave, he stops at the door and asks "Is there a bowmaker in town you recommend?"
    Gron nodded. "Yanara Oakenwood. She's a half elf. has a shop a couple blocks down. sells bows, Arrows, slings all that stuff. does carpentry, too. I cast a lot of her arrowheads here for her and she provides good wood for spears and the like."

"I am okay if we decide against the horses it was just an idea." Once he receives the 75 gp from Arasmes he is going to head over to the temple and tell the of his recent encounter with his new friends. He also agrees to meet with everyone at the tavern later.

Blog Entries

Arasmes finds that he doesn't have enough to buy fine clothes and jewlery he wanted, so he heads to the guildhall to find more work. He notices Lith talking to a stranger, a halfling. "Right. On. Cue.", he comments the scene to himself.

He heads over there to introduce himself: "Hello there, my friend, I am Arasmes, a pleasure. What do we have here?", he looks at the notice, "150 gold pieces, a discreet matter? Ah, I love intrigue. Tell me," Arasmes puts his hands on his knees, "you must be an adventurer, has our lovely half-orc here told you that our company of five is looking for another member? Of course, you ride a horse and inspect a house before you buy them, have sex before marriage so it's only fair for you to see if you like working with us before you decide. This could be a test job for just that purpose before you decide. Who knows, maybe you won't like having sex with us.", Arasmes chuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by VuNut View Post
    "Certainly." Lith says, taking the notice from the board and handing it to the unknown halfling, having to stoop down a fair bit to do so. She goes back to examining the board for changes, but pauses and looks down again, unintentionally looming over the halfling. "Are you a new arrival?"
    He looks at the job ticket as it's handed to him, silently reading to himself, Finnegan's Imports. As turning to leave, the orc asks her questions. "I'm not new to town, but I did just arrive back from a guild job. Say, this job asks for a party of adventurers. You game to work together?"

Quote Originally Posted by elan View Post
    Arasmes finds that he doesn't have enough to buy fine clothes and jewlery he wanted, so he heads to the guildhall to find more work. He notices Lith talking to a stranger, a halfling. "Right. On. Cue.", he comments the scene to himself.

He heads over there to introduce himself: "Hello there, my friend, I am Arasmes, a pleasure. What do we have here?", he looks at the notice, "150 gold pieces, a discreet matter? Ah, I love intrigue. Tell me," Arasmes puts his hands on his knees, "you must be an adventurer, has our lovely half-orc here told you that our company of five is looking for another member? Of course, you ride a horse and inspect a house before you buy them, have sex before marriage so it's only fair for you to see if you like working with us before you decide. This could be a test job for just that purpose before you decide. Who knows, maybe you won't like having sex with us.", Arasmes chuckles.
    When a human seemingly walks up to them and introduces himself, the halfling turn to face him. "My name is Plesio." Plesio's face shifts from polite conversation to utter confusion. "I'm not having sex with you EVER. If you want to work together on this job, I'm fine with that, but maybe let someone else do the talking."

Blog Entries

"Well, don't dismiss the notion so quickly", Arasmes starts, but can't keep the straight face and starts laughing uncontrollably. "Ah, I see that my humor is lost on you... I obviously meant to say that there is a possibility that you won't like working with us, but used the wildly inappropriate phrase instead. Don't you worry, people love me when I want them to, but you get to choose whether you like me or not for what I really am. Either way, well met, Plesio, please try not to take everything I say literally. People say that halflings are a jolly bunch."

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast