Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginnings in Brewerton- In Character Thread

Behind Arasmes silently looms another woman, her prominent teeth and greenish skin making her Orcish decent plain to see. Where Guryaasa is small and nimble, the half-orc is the pure opposite; taller than anyone else in the room by a large margin, and of powerful build like a bear. Everything from her wild black hair to the shaggy furs comprising her clothes to her hard amber eyes scream that not only is she not from around here, wherever she does hail from is without doubt not civilized.

She waits in silence for her turn to come, arms folded as she studies expressionlessly the two whom appear to have some minor importance. When motioned to do so, she steps forward smoothly, answering each point in surprisingly good Common with an impatient but level tone.

"Lithinzaliax." She unfolds her arms to indicate the various weaponry she possessed; a scimitar at her belt, a trio of spears jutting over her shoulder, and the brass knuckles worn on her right fist, as well as the wooden shield strapped to her left arm. "Various. Magic both to heal and harm. Back or front, it does not matter. Tracking, spotting, good with animals and knowledgeable about them."

The woman crosses her arms again, "Sufficient?"
    Last edited by VuNut; 01-31-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    "If the group succeeds, then so shall I. Probably."

Blog Entries

Hulda nodded. "Brusque. I can respect that." She wrote down. Half Orc, Female, Heavily Armed and Casts magic. Probably Druidic in nature.
    Joto shook is head as he speedsketched the towering halforc woman. "Ignore Hulda. She hasn't had her 8th cup of coffee yet."
    Hulda glared at him. "I've only had 6, Stumpy!"
    Joto mouthed. "It was more like 10 but who's counting" He finished, dried off the drawing of her and handed it across, stamped and ready to go. "Welcome to the Guild. Feel free to browse the postings, and our doors are always open if you need a place to stay."

Lith takes the paper, scanning it as she moves aside to make way for whomever was brave enough to stand in her shadow. She grumbles to herself, rolling it much like a scroll and tucking it away in her pack. Her attention turned to the mentioned postings, although she spared a glance to the halfling that had gone before the human fop and herself. It was a comfort to see that she was not so utterly surrounded by the soft and dependant as it had seemed at first.

Lith sees a number of jobs. They list what the job is and what the pay is. The biggest offers 5000 gold to each member of the party for exploring some ruins. Most are for far less, with many between 50-100 gold per person.
    Last edited by LakethePondling; 01-31-2016 at 04:07 AM.

6. Default

Jedissa Vol steps forward after many days in the surrounding area looking for hints about her father's whereabouts had decided to get her adventure's license to earn money and network with people to scry information from them. She stands with a light grey wool hooded cloak pulled tightly over her brown tunic and black tights in line behind a halfing warrior with a missing eye. She makes sure that her hood fully covers her face as she patiently awaits her turn holding on to her wand as tight as she can.

"State your name and skills." Says the dwarf as Jedissa steps forth after waiting half an hour.

"Jedissa Vol, I heal and I sicken.....I work best as the party starter if you catch my drift. I am looking for work of the more tomb raiding variety, would you happen to have any information on that?" Jedissa pulls back her hood a little as she reveal her face and flash a bright smile at the dwarf.

Hulda wrote down Jedissa's name, then added in 'Female' 'Wand, Crossbow, 'Caster' in the appropriate slots. She looked at Jedissa's face closely. "YOu Human or not?"
    Joto glanced up at Jedissa, then resumed speed sketching. "I don't know if there's anyone wanting a tomb or ruins explored. we do sometimes get jobs like that. you'd have to check the job board."
    Hulda seems impervious to Jedissa's smiles. "And if you were to go into a tomb you might not come out alive. You don't look very strong, Jedissa Vol."

Blog Entries

Arasmes looks over the postings: "No... no... no...", he comments until he sees the well-paying job, "That's more like it." With that kind of money, he could put on an unforgettable performance.

Overjoyed at the idea and with a flight of thoughts, he starts to dance to the rhythm of the music he could clearly hear playing in his mind Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerform dance - (1d20+5) [14] .

He has a passing thought to share this beauty with the fortunate souls who happened to be in his vicinity, so he casts ghost sound that they can hear it, too.

(will DC 15 to recognize the sound as illusory
    spellcraft DC 17 + 1 per 10' of distance to recognize the spell as he casts it
    failure by 2 or more means the observer thinks he cast haunted fey aspect instead
    failure by 5 or more means the observer thinks he cast nixie's lure instead)

Lith squints at the 5000-gold job. Whoever penned it could certainly give lessons on how to bellow 'I am not telling you everything' the loudest. Not only that, but 'what I am not telling you will probably kill you'. She had half a mind to rip it down in disgust at the deception, though if anyone were to take that job it would merely be the natural way for such stupidity to be rewarded. It would remain for now.

Upon hearing strange music nearby, she turns to... a human making a very good impression of a jester. Of course. She snorts, recalling the man looking over the board as well a moment before, "I wonder if you will be that job's first victim."

Blog Entries

The moment of inspiration quckly passes and Arasmes notices Jedissa. On an impulse, he approaches her: "I couldn't help but immediately notice you. You have a beautiful face - the symmetry, the bone structure. And your hair seems to set the room ablaze with its radiant crimson. Arasmes", he takes a slight bow as he introduces himself, "I'm charmed."

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast