Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Beginnings in Brewerton- In Character Thread

When Plesio comes outside Oru is kind of startled because he didn't see them at first. Omce he explains the situation about heading to see the father in Highbridge and recalls some information and says,"I have not been to Highbridge before.i knoe a bit about it but that is all and I think this plan might work but we need to make sure we have it planned out appropriately and don't go in blind." He notices as Gury walks by and sees him heading over to the guild hall and just gives him a nod to show that he did not go unnoticed. He then thanks Plesio for the information and heads back inside.

Once he heads in he sees Mills, Lith, and Robert still talking and he walks over and"I am sorry I left lime that, that was unprofessional and I hope you don't think less of me or my fam...team. So with that I bid you all a good night. He bows to the 3 of them and heads over to the inn keeper and asks about Arasmes. Once he gets the room number he thanks the gentleman and heads to the room.

Upon entering the room with Arasmes he sees him take off his shirt and notices all the tattoos covering body but notices the snake on his forearm and just starrs at the snake knowing that each tattoo has some significance or meaning. When Arasmes asks about something abiut what makes him happy or puts him at ease he says"Honestly, I really have never been truly relaxed. I was always picked on for being different and the monks at the monastery treated me differently. They might have been sort of afraid of me not knowing how I would behave but they are the ones who accepted me. Then I met you, Lith, Gury, and Mills and you accepted me right away. But you have been the most intriguing man I have ever met and would like to know you more. Instead of showing me something that makes me relaxed, show me something that makes you happy. Can you also tell me about that snake tattoo. I know all tattoo have a purpose. Besides channeling your magic what does it signify?"

Plesio follows Oru back inside the Tipsy Rat, and heads over to the barkeep. "Excuse me. Could I purchase a chunk of meat, preferably on a bone? And a glass of goat milk." After receiving, and paying for, the two items, he downs the drink and leaves with the uneaten chunk of meat.

Before entering the Guild Hall, Plesio whistles to summon his friend. Trotting out of a nearby alley, the animal comes close and licks the halfling's face which always makes him chuckle. "Good boy. I've got a treat for you." The beast takes it with its teeth. "Alright, stay out of trouble and I'll see you in the morning. Looks like we'll be heading out of town again. Good night, Shadow."

Within the Guild, Plesio heads for a bed in the dormitory. He's never trusted footlockers, - too many thieves out there - so the halfling wraps his backpack in his bedroll and uses that as a pillow. His short swords he tucks under his pillow, and settles in with his hands on the hilts. He'd sleep better on the road with Shadow at his side.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mannix View Post
    Upon entering the room with Arasmes he sees him take off his shirt and notices all the tattoos covering body but notices the snake on his forearm and just starrs at the snake knowing that each tattoo has some significance or meaning. When Arasmes asks about something abiut what makes him happy or puts him at ease he says"Honestly, I really have never been truly relaxed. I was always picked on for being different and the monks at the monastery treated me differently. They might have been sort of afraid of me not knowing how I would behave but they are the ones who accepted me. Then I met you, Lith, Gury, and Mills and you accepted me right away. But you have been the most intriguing man I have ever met and would like to know you more. Instead of showing me something that makes me relaxed, show me something that makes you happy. Can you also tell me about that snake tattoo. I know all tattoo have a purpose. Besides channeling your magic what does it signify?"
    "That is actually my friend Sahen, born of my Art and my magic. Sahen, would you come out for a moment, please?", the tattoo on Arasmes' arm coils and emerges from his skin, becoming a snake, "This is Oru, he is a friend. Sahen can not speak, but he understands the common tongue perfectly.", he explains to Oru as Sahen gazes intently at the monk before quickly losing interest and slithering across Arasmes' body.

"What makes me happy is beauty in any form. Allow me to show you.", Arasmes makes a few gestures accompanied by some seemingly gibberish words. Images superimposed over the floor, walls and ceiling appear along with objects inside the room which seemingly seamlessly transition into the images. Instead of inside the room, they seem to be on a moonlit meadow covered with grass glistening from dew condensed on it. There is a starry sky above them and a mountain in the distance from which a waterfall flows down into a pond. Around the pond there is a herd of deer, drinking peacefully. A few of the deer start playfully running away from the pond and towards them: "Don't worry, they're not real, they can't harm you.", Arasmes tells Oru as they approach the image on the wall, then jump and seem to gallop across the room through them and into the opposing wall's image. The images produce no sound or texture, but in every other way the attention to detail is extraordinary. "This is my Art, my medium is magic and flesh. I believe that the single most important moment in a person's life is their death, and I try to use my Art to make it as meaningful and beautiful as possible. If you want, I can show you some of my work."

With a decision reached, Lith shrugs, not caring much about the method used to get the job done beyond the consideration of as many options as possible, as much for Robert's benefit as anyone else's. "Very well." She turns her attention to the slice of pie that had been cooling in front of her through the discussion, picking it up to take a great bite out of it.

She chews slowly, savouring it and sinking into her thoughts, almost not noticing Plesio trying to get her attention and absolutely missing any hint he may have been trying to give. She shrugs to herself as he goes outside, devouring the rest of her food.

Seeing that everyone else has already gone their separate ways to settle sleeping arrangements and such-like, she rises from the table with a sigh, exiting the tavern. She would spend the night where she belongs, and return in the morning.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurvival - (1d20+9) [20] (Hunting outside of Brewerton)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollClimb - (20+2) [22] (Take 20; climbing high into a particularly large tree to rest safely)
    "If the group succeeds, then so shall I. Probably."

Relieved to see the meeting coming to a conclusion, Mills pays for his meal then quietly excuses himself. He takes a room at the tavern and retires early.

Wow this is beautiful Arasmes. I never knew this magic existed. This is truly a work of art. However, I feel like a persons most important part in life is when they have found pure happiness. I feel like that makes everyones death more meaningful. Sahen is very intruiging. Why a snake? Do you think you could show me more if it is not too much if a bother? Oru says all this with an expression of awe.

Blog Entries

"A snake represents the primal chaos that Art is, the way it moves, coils and preys. Also, the venom is very useful. Of course, it is my pleasure to show you more, I am glad that you enjoy it."

The scene changes to a town square filled with people. Arasmes casts another spell to create sounds, people cheering on, but it is slowly replaced by a fast paced melody and the people are muted. There is a circle-shaped gap and Oru and Arasmes seem to stand on the verge of it. There are two men fighting to the death inside the gap and one is clearly winning. Before he manages to strike the killing blow, an arrow flies from seemingly out of nowhere and pierces the loser's heart, forming a bouqet of flaming roses on his back upon exiting. At this point, the melody reaches its loudest peak and violently stops. The man stands motionless, then starts burning from inside out until only a coal statue remains and the fiery roses dissipate as petals into the air, accompanied by a violin duet whose melody imitates the movement of the petals in a nostalgic way. "What sweet sadness is killing.", he says to Oru as tears trickle down his eyes. "This is my love! There is nothing for me but this..."

After composing himself, Arasmes shows Oru a man standing on the rooftop about 200' away: "That was I there. Art requires a certain... cruelty."

Guryaasa nodded in thanks to the night officer and ascends the stairs. With some effort Guryaasa collected a number of tubs of various sizes and an assortment of screens. Offering herself as much privacy as possible she went about the arduous task of filling each of the tubs. Once each was filled she began to undress, tossing garments into each of the various basins along with her buckler and handaxe. Climbing into the largest tub she stretched and emitted a sigh of satisfaction as the warm water washed over her. "Its not often we get time to do this, is it?" She asked, giggling slightly as she stroked the stock of her musket with her foot, who was reclining opposite her in the bath.

"Been needing this though, on the road too long and especially after the skunks. Even if they don't spray their stench seems to linger." She tossed her head back and stared at the ceiling, "And of course we should put in some effort into looking more than simple peasants when trying to sell Robert to his potential father-in-law." She lost track of time as she let her mind wonder and she continued to talk to herself about the job, the group and home.

The water had begun to chill as Guryaasa stepped out of the bath. The room had darkened with only a few candles remaining lit in the dormitory. She put on her still moist linen shirt and gathered the rest of her equipment. Creeping carefully, she searched the dark room for a bed, leaving a trail of water behind her. She found a free one next to Plesio, who slept with an oddly tense expression. "A touch paranoid?" She said silently, noting the outline of his swords beneath his pillow. Hanging up her garments between the posts of her bed Guryaasa crawled beneath the covers, holding her rifle in a embrace. She swiftly settled in and soon fell asleep.
    -Active-
    Bright-eyed idealist Briar Williams and her Vigilante façade Poppet

Oru is amazed by what he is seeing. The fight was captivating and the arrow catches him off guard but he believes he understands Arasmes more now than before,"Your tattoos show me who you really are. Your snake shows how crafty and beautiful you are but are a very dangerous when provoked. I really understand your visions now. I get that you want to make sure that no matter how we die, you want it to be a glorious death and make it less painful those watching. I don't like the fact you ended the fight but I understand. I would like to actually learn some of your magic later if you wouldn't mind. I trust my skills but that was very interesting. Now I think it is time we head to bed. I will pay you for half of the room tomorrow. At least I assume you got this room for the both of us?"

He takes off his top to reveal a big scar running down his back and a series of scars all over his chest from his battles with the raiders that attacked his village. He is then going to get in bed leaving his kamas in reach just in case there were to be an attack while they sleep.

Blog Entries

"Of course, I was hoping you would sleep here with me. No need to pay half, I've got it covered.", the images disappear. He notices the scars, not unlike his tattoos, they were beautiful, permanent and told a story. He wants to, but doesn't dare to touch them. "Perhaps next time you could tell me the story behind these. I... feel like you are the first person ever that understands me. Would you mind if we put the beds together? I would like to sleep next to you."

If Oru agrees, Arasmes pushes his bed next to Oru's. When they lie down, Arasmes puts his head on Oru's shoulder and an arm across his chest in a half-hug. Then, he falls asleep, leaving Sahen to watch over them.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344