Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC thread

Lake, what's your take on Claws of the Beast... as in would this interfere with using a sword or other basic actions Mills would still want to do? I was picturing it as retractable claws kinda like a cat's, how I'd interpret the alternate racial trait Cat's Claws for Cat's Folk here:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/a...s/catfolk.html

Blog Entries

There are unambiguous rules for natural attacks already, I'll quote later for lake to base a decision on.

Blog Entries

Personally, I was thinking more Wolverine with the claws. he can retract them as need or extend them as needed, too. but since these are probably coming from your fingertips like a cat's, then I would think it would interfere with your ability to grip weapons because you could dig into your own hand too easily.
    On the other hand, having claws could be useful, too.
    So my ruling is...
    If they're out, Con saving throw to fight through pain of you stabbing yourself in the wrist with your claws if you're using a weapon. if you use just the claws, no penalty, and no penalty when they're retracted.
    BUT I thik giving you a +2 Circumstance to Climb when they're out helps balance it.

Okay cool, so maybe takes a round to extend or retract to keep it balanced?

(standard or move action perhaps)
    Last edited by Indigo Rune; 06-20-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Rune View Post
    Okay cool, so maybe takes a round to extend or retract to keep it balanced?

(standard or move action perhaps)
    I'll say Standard. Move doesn't make sense here.

Oh no, I feel horrible for upstaging Mills like that.

On Mills' claws, you could go with the method my archetype uses to handle that.
    In short; standard action from 2nd level, move action from 7th level, swift from 12th.
    "If the group succeeds, then so shall I. Probably."

Blog Entries

Yeah. both of you are using Archetypes based on transformation or shapeshifting. If either of you wanna switch Archetypes or heck, even make a new character with your current EXP that's cool with me
    Last edited by LakethePondling; 06-21-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Aw hell naw, I've got a destination in mind for this trainwreck. Overlap isn't a bad thing either, altogether the party is quite well balanced as is (dedicated healer isn't a strictly required role IMO).

Blog Entries

About armored kilt:

There is a lot of confusion, annoyance, and debate over how this item is supposed to function. James Jacobs (not a designer or developer) specifically say it is "...silly and goofy. The game isn't built around a piecemeal armor system, so the addition of something like an armored kilt is kinda bad design. Since it causes weird confusing situations like this one. Which is why I didn't include them in the Inner Sea World Guide."
    Consult your GM to determine if this item is allowed in his or her campaign.
    So, Lake should give a green light for that.

Huh. I didn't realize it was such a controversial item. It's always seemed quite logical to me; spend extra (money or crafting time), have more weight to carry and require proficiency in the next step up of armour in exchange for +1AC on your existing piece.

E: I guess the issue comes in when it gets added to heavy armour? Or someone wants it enchanted as well as the main piece (not possible to benefit from both anyway IMO since they're both in the "armour" slot).
    Last edited by VuNut; 06-22-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast