Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 544

Thread: Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole

  1. #531

    Default

    Theander, cold and wet, grumbles, "As long as I get back to the surface I don't care. Whichever way is fastest." Immediately after he pulled out a small bit of lightly glowing moss from his component pouch and muttered, "Origato mobi qe mitne" and touched a stone, which lit up brightly. He handed this to Karl, "If it goes out just ask me for another."

    Last edited by Zeros; 03-18-2016 at 05:08 PM.


  2. #532

    Default

    Dargyr's breath hisses through his teeth as light brighter than any he has ever seen unexpectedly floods the area. He squints and turns his head to one side while his eyes painfully adjust, teeth bared the whole time. A displeased rumble starts in his throat.

    "Cover that!" he snaps, "They see. From there," he says, pointing up at the outpost, "Watch path we take."

    Last edited by Claw; 03-18-2016 at 08:16 PM.

  3. #533

    Default

    "Bloody Hell, do you-" Nyx stops mid sentence, realizing that she is shouting before continuing through thoughts, ^Do you WANT us to get captured again?! Turn that light off! NOW!^ Nyx gives a growl before she attempts to knock the lit up stone out of Karl's hands, before grabbing one of them. ^You are forcing me to babysit you. I hope you are happy with yourself.^

  4. #534
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole

    Derendil, Jimjar, and Buppido also cover their eyes and recoil from the bright light. The twins let out a bit of a hiss as they do the same. They all adjust quickly to it, though.
    ^If we have to go the opposite way from my home, let's at least go now!^ Buppido conveys with slight irritation.

    Those of you with darkvision can see that the drow's lift is descending with several angry drow - including Shoor. It will likely hit the ground in the next 12 seconds and then they'll be hot on your tails. They can definitely see you already, with or without the light.

    As you turn to go, you hear a small splash in the pool near you. Before Karl puts his light away, you are able to see it casting a reflection off a small sphere. Nyx recognizes it immediately as hers.



    Come join us on Discord!

  5. #535

    Default

    "We go now," Dargyr insists. He strides toward the northern exit, not waiting to see if anyone hesitates.

    Last edited by Claw; 03-18-2016 at 08:45 PM.

  6. #536

    Default

    As soon as Nyx spots the reflecting of the orb, her eyes widen noticeably in surprise, then shifts to an array of mixed emotions. Although, only one of those emotions seems to drive her as she lets go of Karl's hand and begins to dash for the pond: panic. She knows that going for the orb will most likely end up with her capture, or worse, death, but it was so close to her now, and she knew that she had to reclaim it now, or else lose it, possibly forever. She had already resigned herself to that feeling once when the drow were almost breathing down their back, and she was not about to live with that shame twice if she could help it.

  7. #537
    Bithawa's Avatar
    Bithawa is offline Do not recruit players with Red Reputation. Do not apply to games being run by GMs with Red Reputation.
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    704

    Default

    <The light is worth more than what the darkness can hide us from. Especially since most creatures can see much better in the dark than the rest of us. I don't think we are trying to hide right now, so much as flee.> Voraxus mentally responds to Nyx's outburst. After having his say, he turns northward and starts following the shore of the lake. He pauses at the edge of the light, where it goes from dim back to complete darkness and waits for the others to follow. <Time and speed is of the essence, lets move on.>
    Last edited by Bithawa; 03-18-2016 at 09:06 PM.

  8. #538
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default

    As you all head northward, you hear a buzzing sound emanating from the south, and then hideous screeching sounds.
    Six large creatures fly in - four that look like giant mosquitoes chasing two that look like deformed birds.




    The creatures fly into the cavern and spiral up and around in a hideous, horrific chase. They bash against walls and stalactites, rip through spider webbing, and never cease their cacophony. All the drow immediately turn their attention to them and cover their ears. The lift drops and crashes to the floor, sending the drow in it sprawling. Utter chaos reigns.

    This would be a great time to leave, before the drow recover or these intruders have time to notice you... or even generally get close to you. Are you all still leaving? Are you all still heading north?



    Come join us on Discord!

  9. #539

    Default

    Dargyr is still urging everyone to escape north.

  10. #540

    Default

    Nyx's focus is completely on her orb, shutting out the distractions from the chase in the sky. Assuming she can get to her orb without being interrupted, she'll cradle the orb in her arms once she gets back on shore, then race to meet with the others. They were about as safe as she could get right now, and they were literally her own hope of getting her inheritance out of the Underdark.

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •