Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 544

Thread: Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole

  1. #521
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole

    OOC: I interpret that as you having a basic working knowledge or awareness of the listed things, and everything else is Int check material. Basically it's like the surface races and their understanding of regional surface locations and roads.

    Dargyr knows that Blingdenstone is the city of the deep gnomes/svirfneblin, Gracklestugh is the city of the gray dwarves/duergar and also many derro. Sloobludop is a kuo-toa settlement on the shore of the darklake. The darklake is a massive body of interconnected lakes and rivers that also touches Gracklestugh and comes near Blingdenstone.



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #522

    Default

    When Dargyr reaches shore, he slings his water-soaked sack down to the ground and starts shaking his fur vigorously, sending water flying in all directions before he puts it back on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    All the NPCs swim to shore and gather together. Jimjar says "Quick! We should go north, to Blingdenstone!" Buppido says, "No! South to Gracklestugh!" Shuushar chimes in, "Allll-ubble p-p-paths lead usssh to where we are supp-upp-upp-osed to be, b-b-but p-p-perhaps we should go west to Sloobludop, where we may hire boats and go wherever we wish."
    Sick, wet, and not in the mood for a lengthy argument, Dargyr falls back on what he knows best. "North!" he says, "Gnomes dig for precious stones. Easy raid. Find mining party, take food, supplies!"


  3. #523
    Bithawa's Avatar
    Bithawa is offline Do not recruit players with Red Reputation. Do not apply to games being run by GMs with Red Reputation.
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    704

    Default

    "I agree with north but we should venture into their territory in peace, not hostility. The gnomes have proven to be an understanding people in my experience. Most of them anyways." Voraxus responds from somewhere in the darkness. "I know which direction is north, but I'm afraid I can't see a thing. Did anyone happen to find torches or have some means of making a light?"

  4. Default

    ((OOC: Are we still in total darkness?))

    As Karl cannot see in the dark, he stays close to Topsy, using his other senses to stay vigilant as best he can. "Okay as I cannot see in this darkness, I will trust you guys to move us in the right direction. But there will be no raiding. We will meet these gnomes in peace and ask for their help," Karl says as he gets ready to move with the group hoping that the gnomes will provide some light.

  5. #525
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada, Quebec
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Samiel felt relieved as his feet touched solid ground.
    "I don't really care about which direction we take, as long as it's safer that here. And I agree with Voraxus, let's try not making more enemies."
    He walks up the shore, trying to follow the general direction of the voices.
    "I have torches but now they're all soaked. Maybe I could make some if... Come on... where is it?...", said the dragonborn as began to rummage frantically in his bag.
    Last edited by kikiwako; 03-18-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Forgot that it's dark...

  6. #526
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole

    Yes, Dargyr and everyone else can make it to the shore. No more oozes attack.

    Stool poofs its spores to let you communicate freely, and says ^Are you going to help me get home now? I think it's north of here.^

    Derendil weighs in: ^I quite understand all our desires to go home, wherever that may be for each of us. Nelrindenvane weighs heavily on my heart. If Shuushar here says we can get to each of these places from his home, I see no reason not to make that our first stop.^

    Topsy and Turvy don't weigh in. Instead, they wade out into the water and bring down the raging quaggoth. Its slicing claws and piercing teeth don't seem to faze them at all. After taking care of the threat, they return to the group but hang near its outskirts and don't weigh in.



    Come join us on Discord!

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hall of the Rivan King
    Posts
    767

    Default

    "Whoa, whoa whoa, I won't be down for raids unless its against foul folk like those elves. Listen dargyr are you really going to waste your tremendous power on a bunch on puny gnomes? They ought to treat you with great respect, who knows they might even lead us to a worthy opponent." Malbocco stands and stretches his arms ^I do think we should head for the gnomes first to resupply, I doubt your folks have need of our tools Stool. We can make for your home after that.^
    Abaraxas - Hoard of the Dragon Queen ((ended))
    Quess - End of the World
    Malbocco - Out of the Abyss
    Snapdragon - Curse of Strahd
    Rauw, Krogan Berserker - Mass Effect
    Sheriff Rorimac Hollow - Darkening of Mirkwood ((Completed!!!))

  8. #528

    Default

    ^Alright, alright. We're going north, but we'll behave unless they make it a point to screw with us,^ Nyx says with a somewhat dismissive wave. Her attention turns to the complaining paladin, and she gives a loud sigh before thinking, ^You really are a pain in the arse, aren't you? Fine, just follow me, and I won't guide you into any holes... Touch my backside, however, and you will get a both through your skull, got it?^ She then looks around for the two gnomes, wondering what they were doing until the spotted them slicing up the quaggoth. Nyx looks somewhat surprised to see them do so well by themselves, but she makes no outward mention of it, at least not yet.

    She turns her attention back to the rest of the group and adds, ^We should leave. Now. I'd rather not let this jailbreak go to waste. And lets not forget to get food and water along the way, yeah? We won't last long without those, and we didn't get the chance to raid the drow for rations and waterskins.^

  9. #529

    Default

    Dargyr clenches his fist as his plan for raiding the gnomes is almost universally rejected, but weak and wounded as he is, he cannot stand up to so many. He grudgingly accepts that at least the party is not questioning his order to head north.

    "Yes. Leave now," he says. Turning, he bends down to inspect the water.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurvival - (2d20w1+6) (16, 1) [7] (is the water is potable? Poisoned. Scavenge.)

    If he feels confident that the water is safe to drink, he says, "Drink first," and drinks his fill, lapping up the water with his tongue. When he is done, he stands up and wipes off his dripping muzzle. Either way, he leads the way north once the party is ready.

    Last edited by Claw; 03-18-2016 at 03:24 PM.

  10. #530
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole

    Dargyr sees that a thick layer of scum covers the surface of the water, but when he plunged in earlier the water beneath the surface felt clean.



    Come join us on Discord!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •