Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    Karl turns his head and looks Dargyr in the eyes, "You control your anger we are not you enemy, the drow outside is our enemy, a common enemy, that we must work together to bring to justice."

Karl then points at Dargyr's chains, "You cannot break them alone, but if we work together we can. And when we reach the top, we all go our separate ways."
    Dargyr's arms remain crossed. He doesn't look pleased, but he does not dispute Karl's words.

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    Karl once again turns his attention to all in the cell, "Now can we work together on this common goal? forget our differences for the time being, and at least tolerate each other."
    "Prove the chains can be broken at all," he rattles them for emphasis, "then I will... help." As he says the word, the lips of his muzzle lift up in disgust. He sits down, but he watches Karl like a hawk (or in this case, a hyena).
    Last edited by Claw; 01-31-2016 at 08:05 PM.

In his corner Theander watched the various thoughts and ideas going about, the attempts to break and sneak out of the chains... He wasn't even sure that they could escape if they were to break free, but could he let his worries keep other people imprisoned unnecessarily? Regardless, he attempted what he could to sneak out of his manacles.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollDexterity - (1d20+3) (5) [8]

Theander has no more luck than the others at escaping his restraints.

After hearing Karl's rousing speech, the dwarf Eldeth Feldrun gives a small cheer. "Whoo! That's the sort of spirit these grubby Underdark scum don't have, and that's why we were able to kick 'em out of Gauntlgrym! I'm with you, all the way!"

Come join us on Discord!

Malbocco plants himself back down, looking eagerly at Karl " I'm game, what's the plan preacher man?"
    Abaraxas - Hoard of the Dragon Queen ((ended))
    Quess - End of the World
    Malbocco - Out of the Abyss
    Snapdragon - Curse of Strahd
    Rauw, Krogan Berserker - Mass Effect
    Sheriff Rorimac Hollow - Darkening of Mirkwood ((Completed!!!))

5. Default

Karl's mouth draws a slight smile on the right side, and he nods to the dwarf, the half-orc, the Gnoll and all the others who seems to be on board with him.

"This is good to hear, some of you have tried to break the chains yourself with out luck, let us see if we can break them together," Karls says and goes over to Malbocco.

"Half-orc what is your name? Will you help me try to break my chains?" Karl asks and discreetly hold out his chain in front of the half-orc.

As he does this he continues to speak, "When we are called out for labor, try and get a bearing of where there might be weapons that we can get to quickly. When we know where they are, we will break these chains, and then attack the next time they open the cage. It will not be easy, but if we stick together we do have a change," Karl says and looks around. He especially looks at the fighters to see their reactions.

"Words don't break chains, Human," says Dargyr.
    Last edited by Claw; 01-31-2016 at 10:50 PM.

"Ah, I have tried that human and I doubt you would do better than me and the lizard, but nontheless I will try." He stands and takes the chain in hand "You may call me Malbocco." With that he sets to tearing the chains.

((Advantage to Karl I believe))
    Abaraxas - Hoard of the Dragon Queen ((ended))
    Quess - End of the World
    Malbocco - Out of the Abyss
    Snapdragon - Curse of Strahd
    Rauw, Krogan Berserker - Mass Effect
    Sheriff Rorimac Hollow - Darkening of Mirkwood ((Completed!!!))

Karl's strength check: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d20b1+4) [15]

The two strain together but are unable to break the manacles or the chain connecting them.
    Last edited by Rellott; 02-01-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

"Yeah, all this bravado is really, really cute," Nyx says with a sigh, finally piping into the conversation, "But the hairball has a point. If we can't get out of these chains, we're doing squat. And none of you still have a clear plan, for all your stupid boasting." She's not one to talk, since she's still bound, but she'll keep giving if a shot regardless. She's not about to give up, and getting unbound now would shut up all of the meat heads and testosterone in the room.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollDex Check - (1d20+4) (2) [6]

Default Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole

Nyx is still unable to remove the manacles.

[ooc: Each character gets only one attempt to break the manacles and one attempt to slip out of them per day, though they can help another character make their check with advantage.]

A hulking furry creature with fangs and claws sees Malbocco and Karl's attempt to break the chains binding them. It approaches them and says in jarringly polite, refined Elvish, "Perhaps we should all go around and try that for everyone? My current form seems quite strong, so perhaps it may prove useful in this endeavor. I am Derendil, by the way. Prince of the kingdom of Nelrindenvane. It is a pleasure to meet you all, though one could certainly wish for better circumstances."

Come join us on Discord!

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast